After some back and forth with Google, we've successfully resolved the "Deceptive site ahead" warning on browsers! Thanks to everyone who helped us appeal this!
mR12

Of Mice & Men - EARTHANDSKY (2019)

97 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Mushroom Cloud aside (which is hilariously awful), it's not too bad, it's quite ploddy and repetitive in places and the lyrics are super generic but it's an alright listen, doubt I'll get around to a second listen any time soon though, if only Carlile came back and get got The Flood Part 2

Well it's at least not bad. It's alright, pretty cookie-cutter metalcore but it's not terrible. I do wish though that their sound reflected their song titles, album title, artwork, and the music video for Earth & Sky. Would make for an exponentially more interesting album.

3 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

Man wtf happened to these guys?? unbreakable was pretty cool than defy sucked. Now this. For me the 2 things that drew me to the band were shaleys amazing voice and way with melody's and the driving heavy music. Shit like still ydgn and og loko just had such immense groove it still gets me moving today. Basically now ALL of that is gone. RF worked because it felt like the band taking that sound and refining it. Now I actually dont get all the hate for CW. Yes its not as good as RF but it has a few songs in that same vein. My main issue now is defy and now this it just feels like it has no substance or much thought. Is it heavier omam? Yes definitely but it doesnt matter when they basically just reuse the same riff over and over. ITs basically the stillydgn riff just slightly modified with different tuning. You can tell they are trying to recapture that frantic nature but I think thats partly why its not working. Than to the choruses, first the guitars, again Holy shit ( I play so maybe i notice it more)  they use that same progression over and over. The drop tune power chord with the ring finger on the d string skipping one fret. Funny thing is I actually LOVE those chords but goddamn they use them almost every time in almost the same progression. Now the VOX.  Chorus wise same as the guitar. The singer really sticks to his formula with this band and RARELY deviates. That used to be cool but now its just getting so tired. Now this post is breaking one of my main rules as a player and listener. You can NEVER judge something with finality this quickly. Its impossible so this is just my initial reaction. For me there are not to many bands that I can judge if its good right away. One of the only bands that gives me that feeling consistently from album to album is sevendust. They always seem to hook me first listen which is great. Anyway! I think OMAM really need to take time on the next record and try new things. Even the band doesn't seem particularly excited about this new record nor does the label.  PS WTF is with that issues song!?  Im really excited for the album but man that song sucked! 

Sooo excited for the new dayshell record. Seems shaley has finally honed in on the sounds hes been striving for the last 2 records. Im also wondering when and if Drudge (ex attack attack) will ever release the damn album! They recorded and finished it almost 2 years ago now! I have a bunch of songs from it I wish you guys could hear! Unfortunately it will probably end up like the Nativ record and lost for good. Im actually shocked noone has leaked that record yet. Im so tempted but phil would kill me.

3 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

Man wtf happened to these guys?? unbreakable was pretty cool than defy sucked. Now this. For me the 2 things that drew me to the band were shaleys amazing voice and way with melody's and the driving heavy music. Shit like still ydgn and og loko just had such immense groove it still gets me moving today. Basically now ALL of that is gone. RF worked because it felt like the band taking that sound and refining it. Now I actually dont get all the hate for CW. Yes its not as good as RF but it has a few songs in that same vein. My main issue now is defy and now this it just feels like it has no substance or much thought. Is it heavier omam? Yes definitely but it doesnt matter when they basically just reuse the same riff over and over. ITs basically the stillydgn riff just slightly modified with different tuning. You can tell they are trying to recapture that frantic nature but I think thats partly why its not working. Than to the choruses, first the guitars, again Holy shit ( I play so maybe i notice it more)  they use that same progression over and over. The drop tune power chord with the ring finger on the d string skipping one fret. Funny thing is I actually LOVE those chords but goddamn they use them almost every time in almost the same progression. Now the VOX.  Chorus wise same as the guitar. The singer really sticks to his formula with this band and RARELY deviates. That used to be cool but now its just getting so tired. Now this post is breaking one of my main rules as a player and listener. You can NEVER judge something with finality this quickly. Its impossible so this is just my initial reaction. For me there are not to many bands that I can judge if its good right away. One of the only bands that gives me that feeling consistently from album to album is sevendust. They always seem to hook me first listen which is great. Anyway! I think OMAM really need to take time on the next record and try new things. Even the band doesn't seem particularly excited about this new record nor does the label.  PS WTF is with that issues song!?  Im really excited for the album but man that song sucked! 

Sooo excited for the new dayshell record. Seems shaley has finally honed in on the sounds hes been striving for the last 2 records. Im also wondering when and if Drudge (ex attack attack) will ever release the damn album! They recorded and finished it almost 2 years ago now! I have a bunch of songs from it I wish you guys could hear! Unfortunately it will probably end up like the Nativ record and lost for good. Im actually shocked noone has leaked that record yet. Im so tempted but phil would kill me.

You're full of shit. I also have hard drives full of unreleased music from everyone's favorite bands! Tim would KILL me if I leaked Austrian Death Machine's Quadruple Brutal, and y'all ain't close to ready for the last In Fear And Faith album!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, InsidAero said:

Well it's at least not bad. It's alright, pretty cookie-cutter metalcore but it's not terrible. I do wish though that their sound reflected their song titles, album title, artwork, and the music video for Earth & Sky. Would make for an exponentially more interesting album.

Dude yeah if the music of this album reflected the artwork, it'd be so good. This artwork reminds me a lot of Our Hollow Our Home's 2018 "In Moment // In Memory", which was my AOTY and contains my favorite song of all time on it, and this things artwork is cooler to an extent. 

But either way, it's still an okay album. 

real talk this is just a really really solid metalcore album. I'm satisfied with this, and this is coming from someone who still unironically heavily enjoys their debut album. And people trying to put The Flood on this pedestal like this cannot match up to in any way, that's a good album for sure but I mean come on lol

It's shocking anyone would still listen to this trash when the only reason for this mediocrity's existence to begin with isn't even in the band anymore.  Now it's just a bunch of untalented fucks without a purpose lmao.

• Downvote 3

It's pretty solid aside from Mushroom Cloud that song is 3 2 1 Boom levels of stupid

The Mountain is a really good track

I'm on the side of people chosing to forget what OM&M have done in the past and just enjoy this album

I understand the hate, I'll just ignore it

41 minutes ago, She Stabs Deep Into Me said:

nice album, not great, but passes the test lol

What is this test 

• Upvote 1

album turned out a lot better than I thought :D

Vocalist sounds like he's going for that old school Austin Carlile scream. I actually think this is fucking awesome. My favorite from OM&M since The Flood.

Great album, I give this album 9/10

• Upvote 1

I went into this thinking it was going to be the same shit that defy was, generic dadcore. But this was actually an enjoyable listen. I'm not a huge metalcore fan, but to me this sounded like there wasn't really anything wrong with it. Screams were good, instruments were fine, the occasional cleans were great.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Willswansnipple said:

You're full of shit. I also have hard drives full of unreleased music from everyone's favorite bands! Tim would KILL me if I leaked Austrian Death Machine's Quadruple Brutal, and y'all ain't close to ready for the last In Fear And Faith album!

LOl!! thanks for the laugh!! I can screen shot the nativ if u want. Maybe even record a quick snippet. Im friends with phil bro IN your face!

• Upvote 1

Wow I never thought I'd like another OM&M record.

Happy to be wrong way to much talent in this band for the midlife crisis rock sound.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

LOl!! thanks for the laugh!! I can screen shot the nativ if u want. Maybe even record a quick snippet. Im friends with phil bro IN your face!

Yes I would like to see that! I'd love for that snippet to be something I haven't heard before

21 hours ago, DreamAgain said:

It's shocking anyone would still listen to this trash when the only reason for this mediocrity's existence to begin with isn't even in the band anymore.  Now it's just a bunch of untalented fucks without a purpose lmao.

HA! dream again

21 hours ago, DreamAgain said:

Untalented? You're either a troll that didn't even give the album a try, or you have no ears

FLAC added!

Well shit. The first two singles had me hopeful that I might actually like this album. But again, the cleans ruin it for me. Wish they would drop them entirely but that'll never happen, I know. Mushroom Cloud is the best song on the record. Wish the rest was as solid though. 

• Upvote 2

*decides to make AMV of nuking players in F76 to Mushroom Cloud* XD oooh that'd be a fun little video hahahaha

• Upvote 1

I actually enjoyed this record way more than I thought I would, coming close to Restoring Force for me and that's a good thing.

• Upvote 3

Soundmixing is just off the fucking charts with this one. This is my favorite album so far from them, case closed. 

Earth&Sky > Restoring Force > Defy > The Flood > Cold World > Debut 

Based on critical reception 

Earth&Sky > The Flood > Defy > Restoring Force > Cold World > Debut. 

Based on my ranking

I still like most of their material, of course

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2019 at 3:12 PM, prsjunkie said:

To take just one thing out of context here, I was thinking about leaking Nativ a few weeks ago xD

• Love 1