mR12

Of Mice & Men - EARTHANDSKY (2019)

97 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Loved these guys with Austin Carlile, and I love them with Aaron Pauley. Probaby because I was a huge fan of Jamie's Elsewhere. 

Jack Black really outdid himself on this one. 😂

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Draxxzor said:

Finally. Gonna listen to it.

after all this hype, YOU GOTTA GIVE US MORE THEN THIS FRIEND

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to spin that bad boi

Not sorry

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Well, you're not wrong... I can be at times. 

Watch this: 

you're*

WOW, good one :|. "You're" a douche...bag. Quit replying to me

  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easily accessible, but easily forgettable. Its a cool album, and I respect this band immensely, but I don't see myself spinning it more than 5 times.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry! I must listen to this album RIGHT NOW!

 

4 minutes ago, PhantomFear said:

Easily accessible, but easily forgettable. Its a cool album, and I respect this band immensely, but I don't see myself spinning it more than 5 times.

 

Now I have an image of spinning a CD or LP on your hands repeatedly haha

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DisturbedOne said:

WOW, good one :|. "You're" a douche...bag. Quit replying to me

no u

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry
 

Mehcore's not really my thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Underwhelming album. Pretty boring and generic. Step in the right direction but really bad execution and releasing another album year later was also not the wisest idea. I liked Gravedancer, Deceiver/Deceived, The Mountain and How To Survive. The rest was zzz... However it's sort of cool background music and I can imagine having it running while playing something like Call of Duty lmao

  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened to the whole album at work. Didn't even know when it was over. Nothing special. Really boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who thinks hes trying to sound more like austin every release?

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont like this screams. not at all. Not to mention I dislike the production very much. Some tracks are good though

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mountain is fucking insane!!!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Underwhelming album. Pretty boring and generic. Step in the right direction but really bad execution and releasing another album year later was also not the wisest idea. I liked Gravedancer, Deceiver/Deceived, The Mountain and How To Survive. The rest was zzz... However it's sort of cool background music and I can imagine having it running while playing something like Call of Duty lmao

As if CoD knows what this kind of music is, with their generic hard rock music they advertise (im making a metaphor as if you hear it in the game)

I mean, I see ur point but as much as I like ur opinions i'm going to respectively stick with mine and say this could potentially be a near perfect album for composition and wordy lyricism. As much as forced as the heaviness is, he means business, they don't fuck around. Wouldn't be surprised if they were like you know what fuck it lets remaster the flood (which is never gonna happen live or in studio) or lets just make a e&s deluxe edition with acoustic and a remix featuring I Prevail.

 

No but real talk, loved mostly everything about Earth & Sky. When's Wind & Fire & Storm B-sides coming out? Lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gandalfstorm said:

As if CoD knows what this kind of music is, with their generic hard rock music they advertise (im making a metaphor as if you hear it in the game)

I mean, I see ur point but as much as I like ur opinions i'm going to respectively stick with mine and say this could potentially be a near perfect album for composition and wordy lyricism. As much as forced as the heaviness is, he means business, they don't fuck around. Wouldn't be surprised if they were like you know what fuck it lets remaster the flood (which is never gonna happen live or in studio) or lets just make a e&s deluxe edition with acoustic and a remix featuring I Prevail.

 

No but real talk, loved mostly everything about Earth & Sky. When's Wind & Fire & Storm B-sides coming out? Lmao 

I was more like I usually listen to this kind of music when I'm playing mp games. Anyway I was never huge on OM&M, Restoring Force was brilliant but I'm sick of the 0000 metalcore that The Flood was, even though it had some nice tunes. Cold World's best songs were the softest ones and Defy had some nice melodic tunes here and there. I do appreciate them going little crazier and heavier but I think if they actually took some time they could've easily made a really really great heavy record, because the potential is there. Also everyone's take on "heavy" is a bit different. While I do agree that this is heavy, heavier than last 3 records, the chuggy takes, repetitive riffs and forced "blegh" moments are not really exactly what I imagined this to be

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to offer my most sincerest apologies, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel if this wasn’t of mice and men this would be great but without Austin it just doesn’t sound like them anymore. :(

I tried to be okay with Shayley leaving, seeing that he’s one if my favorite singers but Austin being gone has really made this not them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of Mice & Men - EARTHANDSKY REVIEW:

 

Gravedancer - 4.5/5
As we Suffocate - 4/5
Taste of Regret - 4.5/5
Mushroom cloud - 4/5
Pieces - 5/5
Deceiver/Deceived- 4/5
Earth & the Sky - 5/5
The Mountain - 4/5
Meltdown - 4/5
Linger - 4/5
How To Survive - 4/5

 

Its alright i think i was over hyped over it. It was a nice listen through. Probably not on my AOTY list which is sad ah well. Fav songs: Pieces and Earth & the Sky i kind of expected more from it but didnt get it.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even expect an album out soo soon already. It's an above average listen for the genre. I prefer this guy over the old singer actually.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5/5 just took my AOTY spot. Fucking amazing. Can't wait to see them on October 6th

46 minutes ago, Nesiscool736 said:

I feel if this wasn’t of mice and men this would be great but without Austin it just doesn’t sound like them anymore. :(

I tried to be okay with Shayley leaving, seeing that he’s one if my favorite singers but Austin being gone has really made this not them.

Hey at least Dayshell exists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DORBUSCUS said:

5/5 just took my AOTY spot. Fucking amazing. Can't wait to see them on October 6th

Hey at least Dayshell exists

Very much excited for dayshells new album mr pain

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This album was very forgettable. Only like the title track the rest was kind of meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man wtf happened to these guys?? unbreakable was pretty cool than defy sucked. Now this. For me the 2 things that drew me to the band were shaleys amazing voice and way with melody's and the driving heavy music. Shit like still ydgn and og loko just had such immense groove it still gets me moving today. Basically now ALL of that is gone. RF worked because it felt like the band taking that sound and refining it. Now I actually dont get all the hate for CW. Yes its not as good as RF but it has a few songs in that same vein. My main issue now is defy and now this it just feels like it has no substance or much thought. Is it heavier omam? Yes definitely but it doesnt matter when they basically just reuse the same riff over and over. ITs basically the stillydgn riff just slightly modified with different tuning. You can tell they are trying to recapture that frantic nature but I think thats partly why its not working. Than to the choruses, first the guitars, again Holy shit ( I play so maybe i notice it more)  they use that same progression over and over. The drop tune power chord with the ring finger on the d string skipping one fret. Funny thing is I actually LOVE those chords but goddamn they use them almost every time in almost the same progression. Now the VOX.  Chorus wise same as the guitar. The singer really sticks to his formula with this band and RARELY deviates. That used to be cool but now its just getting so tired. Now this post is breaking one of my main rules as a player and listener. You can NEVER judge something with finality this quickly. Its impossible so this is just my initial reaction. For me there are not to many bands that I can judge if its good right away. One of the only bands that gives me that feeling consistently from album to album is sevendust. They always seem to hook me first listen which is great. Anyway! I think OMAM really need to take time on the next record and try new things. Even the band doesn't seem particularly excited about this new record nor does the label.  PS WTF is with that issues song!?  Im really excited for the album but man that song sucked! 

4 hours ago, DORBUSCUS said:

5/5 just took my AOTY spot. Fucking amazing. Can't wait to see them on October 6th

Hey at least Dayshell exists

Sooo excited for the new dayshell record. Seems shaley has finally honed in on the sounds hes been striving for the last 2 records. Im also wondering when and if Drudge (ex attack attack) will ever release the damn album! They recorded and finished it almost 2 years ago now! I have a bunch of songs from it I wish you guys could hear! Unfortunately it will probably end up like the Nativ record and lost for good. Im actually shocked noone has leaked that record yet. Im so tempted but phil would kill me.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Siiick album, thanks @mR12 !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2019 Kingdom Leaks.