Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
Lord Kingdom

Opeth - In Cauda Venenum (2019)

35 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

This is a great record; a huge improvement from Sorceress!  A great record despite being more straight forward prog.   I am excited to hear the differences in between the Swedish and the English versions though, as it was originally written in Swedish and then translated/adjusted for English.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

This is a great record; a huge improvement from Sorceress!  A great record despite being more straight forward prog.   I am excited to hear the differences in between the Swedish and the English versions though, as it was originally written in Swedish and then translated/adjusted for English.  

Is there a swedish version of this album somewhere?

1 hour ago, doodletheoodle said:

There will be

Kinda crazy only a few comments on opeth. 

I'll give it a spin tomorrow. But I miss his harsh vox. However the single sounds pretty good so I have Hope's this is better than the last 2.

Edit: it is better than the last 2. I wasnt a fan of the more jazzy approach. But this album is pretty damn good. It would be a disservice to progressive rock/metal not to spin this at least once.

• Upvote 1

Was pretty good and a nice album until 'Charlatan'... Why is there a djent song on a prog rock record? Worst song on it by far, as well as being one of the worst Opeth songs in general.

Everything else ranges from good to just okay; they still haven't quite figured out how to make long songs sound that interesting. 7/10 for me.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, doodletheoodle said:

Well, yeah there will be, when it's officially released (or leaked). 

• Love 1

Thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

Thank you :)

Thank youuuu mee lord!!!

you giving me such joy today!!

even is not thursday yet!!

10 hours ago, Foxlass said:

Was pretty good and a nice album until 'Charlatan'... Why is there a djent song on a prog rock record? Worst song on it by far, as well as being one of the worst Opeth songs in general.

Everything else ranges from good to just okay; they still haven't quite figured out how to make long songs sound that interesting. 7/10 for me.

Did you just complain about Opeth going more djenty...?

That's something I have not seen before. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

=8)  Thanks!

AOTY contender for me. I've listened to this 3 times through. So good. Definitely better than the last couple records they've put out. 

• Upvote 1

I submitted links to 320kbps rips of the Swedish and English versions, hopefully they go up soon for you guys :)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Dan_622 said:

I submitted links to 320kbps rips of the Swedish and English versions, hopefully they go up soon for you guys :)

Thank you! I need to hear this in 320

5 hours ago, Burst said:

Did you just complain about Opeth going more djenty...?

That's something I have not seen before. 

Thomas had never seen such bullshit before :dry:

• Upvote 2

Thank you Lord Kingdom

FLAC added!

Hope that I really enjoy this record. Opera aren’t bad, but they’ve lost me here and there with the past few records. Good stuff but they just didn’t keep my interest and didn’t become frequent listens.

Thank you very much for the Flac versions!

This is way too good, I would say it's slightly softer than Sorceress but sounds more like old Opeth and way more epic :O

Is anyone gonna upload Cirkelns Riktning (ICV B-Side Exclusive)?

22 hours ago, Foxlass said:

they still haven't quite figured out how to make long songs sound that interesting.

I can't respectfully disagree with this statement more. Maybe with Orchid, the band was still getting their more Progressive side in tune, but on Morningrise, Opeth became masters of writing long songs which every minute is necessary. Songs like "When," "The Moor," "Blackwater Park," "Deliverance" and many more are fine examples.

• Upvote 2

This is a masterpiece of an album (in my opinion, I'm aware y'all may think different) that deserves to be listened to multiple times to fully digest. There's not even one song I hate on this record, and I'm not an Opeth fanboy at all. I just know good tunes when I hear em, and this album front to back is just beautiful. 

That is all. 

• Upvote 2