ae fanboi 7\

does anyone like Autechre here?

10 posts in this topic

This is quite the random thread that I just happened to stumble on now.

And to answer your question: I love Autechre! Incunabula, Amber and Tri Repetae are some of my favorite Electronic albums. And even the more abstract direction they took afterwards is great too. I just never got around listening to their 8+ hour albums they've released in recent years, going to new some more free time for those.

And I've said this before in the chat: You have an A+++++ username. Aphex Twin is my favorite Electronic artist ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 9/30/2019 at 3:32 AM, Edgekrvzher said:

This is quite the random thread that I just happened to stumble on now.

And to answer your question: I love Autechre! Incunabula, Amber and Tri Repetae are some of my favorite Electronic albums. And even the more abstract direction they took afterwards is great too. I just never got around listening to their 8+ hour albums they've released in recent years, going to new some more free time for those.

And I've said this before in the chat: You have an A+++++ username. Aphex Twin is my favorite Electronic artist ever.

First of all, thank you so much for replying! I thought no one would reply.

Secondly, their first three albums are alright in recent Autechre standarts to me. Amber is easily the best out of the three though. Fantastic album. (Also they haven't dropped an 8+ hour album unless you count AE_LIVE) Personally I prefer their latest work. It's just so creative and enjoyable.

Thirdly, thanks :) I'm actually going through his discog rn (on the Universal Indicator stuff rn)

And finally, have a great day :))) 

• Love 1

22 hours ago, ae fanboi 7\ said:

(Also they haven't dropped an 8+ hour album unless you count AE_LIVE)

Haha, I know! I was just joking about the recent set of albums they put out. I'll definitely have to give those a listen someday, just too much good/promising music to keep up with at the moment.

Aphex Twin pretty much made me fall in love with Electronic music with Selected Ambient Works 85-92. Still my favorite in the genre, perfect and changed the way I looked at music. And, of course, got me into artists that took Electronic music to another level of creativity (Autechre, Boards Of Canada, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares...). I have nothing, but love for Richard D. James.

And I hope you have an even GREATER day! It's nice to have a member on here that listens to music that isn't talked about often, so stick around.

Cheers!

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Haha, I know! I was just joking about the recent set of albums they put out. I'll definitely have to give those a listen someday, just too much good/promising music to keep up with at the moment.

Aphex Twin pretty much made me fall in love with Electronic music with Selected Ambient Works 85-92. Still my favorite in the genre, perfect and changed the way I looked at music. And, of course, got me into artists that took Electronic music to another level of creativity (Autechre, Boards Of Canada, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares...). I have nothing, but love for Richard D. James.

And I hope you have an even GREATER day! It's nice to have a member on here that listens to music that isn't talked about often, so stick around.

Cheers!

If you will actually listen to AE_LIVE, listen to it in this order. It's like it progresses with each set.

My first Aphex Twin project was Collapse EP. Still absolutely love that EP. So good. Aphex definitely started it all for me too. I'm trying to know more iconic electronic artists/bands so it would be really appreciated if you could give me some recommendations.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ae fanboi 7\ said:

My first Aphex Twin project was Collapse EP. Still absolutely love that EP. So good. Aphex definitely started it all for me too. I'm trying to know more iconic electronic artists/bands so it would be really appreciated if you could give me some recommendations.

Absolutely. I'm not sure if you've made it to any of these yet, but some of my favorite Electronic albums that I would recommend an Aphex Twin/Autechre fan:

Actress - R.I.P.

Amon Tobin - Supermodified

Biosphere - Microgravity

Boards Of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children

Burial - Untrue (An album best listened to at night)

Iglooghost - Neō Wax Bloom

Squarepusher - Hard Normal Daddy

The Flashbulb - Red Extensions Of Me

Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Alatt Született (Very Classical influenced, inspired by Arron Funk's trip to Hungary)

µ-Ziq - Lunatic Harness

I think that will be good for now. Let me know your thoughts, of course!

• Love 1

Love them. Feel lucky to have been able to see them live. They made the theater turn off all the lights and played in the pitch dark.

4 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

An album best listened to at night

I always listen to most music at night anyways

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I'll definitely listen to them at some point in my life.

46 minutes ago, sprdnglkwngs said:

Love them. Feel lucky to have been able to see them live. They made the theater turn off all the lights and played in the pitch dark.

Nice. What year was it in? 2014 or 2015?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ae fanboi 7\ said:

I always listen to most music at night anyways

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I'll definitely listen to them at some point in my life.

Nice. What year was it in? 2014 or 2015?

2015. the show i saw was AE_LIVE_DENVER_171015

57 minutes ago, sprdnglkwngs said:

2015. the show i saw was AE_LIVE_DENVER_171015

nice