Summers

As I Lay Dying - Shaped by Fire (2019)

138 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, moonlover said:

Working with at-risk individuals, I completely understanding that some crimes, and people convicted of crimes can be rehabilitated to the point where they feel remorse, and regret their actions. However, I don't believe Tim is sincere with his apology. 

Yeah okay Stan.

So did you like the album or nah?

Dont like the uncleans on this album, not sure what happened to his voice. Maybe too many steroids :p

Instrumentals and cleans are awesome though. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/19/2019 at 8:46 AM, desk said:

Only took 4 pages for the potential thread derailment. Expected first page tbh.

Yeah unfortunately there had to be that one cunt.

The mix honestly ruins this album.

The riffs are drowned out and Tim's vocals are bland.

The cleans also need some variety...as does the album in general.

Eh

Shaped by Bitch Tits

Anyways, the whole Tim thing is dumb seeing as that he served his time and only time will tell if he's actually rehabilitated or not. That being said, this is aight. Safe album for the band although Tim's vocals aren't what they used to be anymore. Lot of eh riffs on here, too. 3/5

• Haha 2

This would be a 10/10, but the production/mix sounds so weird I gotta drop it to an 8, this is so sad 

This album definitely shows some of the flaws when it comes to vocal delivery, but that being said it's also been seven years since their last record. If I could take 7 years off and come up with a no filler banger like this I'd shit rainbows of joy. The different mixes from My Own Grave and the rest of the record are obvious, but I can justify an 8.5 out of 10. A lot of purpose and pain in the lyrics, and the music matches.

• Love 1

I feel like a child today, been a fan since forever and still jamming their old songs like I Never Wanted, An Ocean Between Us etc

Auto 10/10 for me.

Thanks for sharing.

Cool to see and hear this band make a comeback, I'm a big fan of Shadows and Ocean but this album isn't very good...

• Upvote 1

Every time I listen to this my ranking of it drops, the mix is just destroying this album for me

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jeffbeck84 said:

Which one of you geniuses got mad at Cult of Luna? 

People who don't listen to enough music clearly lol

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jeffbeck84 said:

Wrong thread bro, he's talking about As I Kay Dying.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jeffbeck84 said:

Cult of Luna is the most powerful 

• Upvote 2

This is like when Taylor Swift fans harassed Tool because they knocked Taylor of the top of the charts but some how more sad. 

"Super fans" of any kind are bad, rather it's As I Lay Dying, Taylor Swift... Any artist, really.

Compared to the two, I think As I Lay Dying "super fans" are worse, because they actually looked at Tim's ex-wife as the villain of the whole situation and that's simply fucked up. Maybe there are things that went down between them that favored more towards her, but where does that make wanting to off someone right? It's not, and Tim should be happy he didn't serve more time in prison, because everyday people that plot murders with undercover cops can get jail time as much as a person who actually murdered someone.

Morals speech aside, I like As I Lay Dying and think they're one of the better Metalcore bands that received the success that they did, but I have yet to listen to this album. I will definitely give it a go, all I expect is something solid, as I generally get from this band.

• Upvote 1

When shitting on fans of shitty bands. They're touring NA with Emma Ruth Rundle and Intronaut in the spring btw. 

holy shit

10 minutes ago, jeffbeck84 said:

When shitting on fans of shitty bands. They're touring NA with Emma Ruth Rundle and Intronaut in the spring btw. 

And the closest that tour is coming to me is 8 hours away in the middle of the week during school... Fuck

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jeffbeck84 said:

Sometimes you just gotta drop out of school. 

I wish, I know it's a joke, but I just started my grad program this year and this is a one in a million grad program dude.  I'd rather not spam this topic, so chatbox...

• Upvote 1