Still seeing Christmas colors on the site? Hit CTRL+F5 or CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+R to force a full reload of KL.
Summers

As I Lay Dying - Shaped by Fire (2019)

138 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Thatoneguy335 said:

God damn, My Own Grave is mixed so much better than everything else here. They should have stuck with Nolly.

Exactly. They shouldve had him do entire album or removed it from the album and left it as a stand alone single. It sticks out from rest of album. Doesnt sound the same. Annoying as fuck actually.

• Upvote 2

I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE MY OWN GRAVE. AND I HAVE CHECKED THIS SITE EVERY DAY FOR THE PAST THREE WEEKS! YASSSS!!!! 

I was pleased all the way through.  Its nice Tim is getting his second chance.  Keep rocking guys!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DrDoom said:

This is so juicy.

Vocal blends, instrumentation, song structure.. Front to back, all on point to make that signature AILD sound, almost like 2014 was yesterday.

AILD didn't exist in 2014....

• Haha 2

FLAC added!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Great album. My only complaint is the production. Its trash. My own grave sounds great but rest of album is crap. That makes my own grave stick out like it came from somewhere else or something. Very bizarre. Anyways, thats my only issue. Songs are great though.

• Upvote 2

mastering is underwhelming sadly

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

holy fuck i've been waiting for this moment since i started highschool bro...

Wow!

Where to begin? 

My most anticipated album has finally arrived. 

The Kings of Metalcore are back. 

They haven't skipped a beat. In fact, I think they've gotten better after all these years. 

Cleans are so much more matured, Tim's vocals sound more pissed off than ever. 

Not one boring song exists on this album.. 

10/10. AOTY. 

• Upvote 3

I feel like everyone is saying this BUT the production and sound mixing was kind of rushed, most of the songs sound similar in the style and it can get a little tedious but in overall I really like AILD for a long time and I think this album has huge potential, but it could of been near perfect. Also ive seen many people compare this to KSE with the melodic metalcore era of music, it sounds just like it was with Atonement. Great, but could use something finishing touches. Thats all

I would still love to see this as an aoty contender, just hoping my point still stands on how you make an album unique and stand out, not just the singles

I literally have the biggest smile on my face right now. To hear an album this beautiful and good from a band I grew up with after half a decade of absence... I'm so happy right now, I'm actually crying lmao.

• Upvote 1

Sorry guys but special registered for write this. I crying. This album reminds me everything what I remember of metalcore genre in best years. Great comeback.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

One of the few metalcore bands who do it right

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TheHeyMan said:

AOTY

AOTY.

• Upvote 3

Oh yes, this is exactly what I hoped it would be. And I mean that in only the best way.

Thank you for the post!!

4 hours ago, pudhead said:

Exactly. They shouldve had him do entire album or removed it from the album and left it as a stand alone single. It sticks out from rest of album. Doesnt sound the same. Annoying as fuck actually.

I really wish I didn't read any of these comments, its really gonna bug the shit out of me on repeat listens...
Any chance its a fluke or there's a better quality mixing out there?  Nvm I just found out they have different mixers...lame

This was really solid. Probably not something I'm gonna come back to too often, but whenever I do listen to it, I'll enjoy it. Gatekeeper kicked me in the pants

I cannot believe how insanely epic this album is. I'm a maggot for life, but I loved this infinitely more than Slipknot's new album. This is straight up 2000's metalcore nostalgia with nothing but banger after banger. Definite AOTY for me 🤟😈🤟

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1