xcblackdiamond

Veil of Maya - Members Only [Single] (2019)

44 posts in this topic

I don't recall hearing many cleans on False Idol. This though has what I like from metalcore/deathcore bands. Generic or not I enjoy cleans. Gives me a clearer picture of the song. And sometimes with the crazy heavy bands it's a nice change mid song. I'm starting to get into a lot more heavier bands, but I love the two sets of vocals. Whether it's the same person or someone else doing them. Some things you just don't grow out of :lol:

Other Releases by

Not liking this one as much as singles from False Idol, but more than most of Matriarch. Looking forward to more singles though.

Wait what's with the indentical album art with Assuming We Survive

On 9/13/2019 at 6:30 AM, Frak The Gods said:

I love False Idols but man does the production suck. 

okay honestly you can downvote this if you REALLY want but false idol almost objectively has their most dynamic production/best mix, matriarch sounds flat as shit but false idol sounds great. What exactly don’t you like about it, especially versus Eclipse?

• Upvote 2

Are we just gonna pretend we didn't hear that ABR riff right in the intro?

If there's anything I love the most about recent Veil Of Maya, it's their powerful as fuck choruses. The clean vocals truly shine during them.

Can't wait for a new album from them. Let alone, expecting the album to have more bangers like this song.

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

This has a fucking keytar solo in it and I couldn’t love it more!

Production is a little on the flat side but it’s definitely still very enjoyable! 

Thank you! 

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

On 9/13/2019 at 11:21 PM, Maximo said:

okay honestly you can downvote this if you REALLY want but false idol almost objectively has their most dynamic production/best mix, matriarch sounds flat as shit but false idol sounds great. What exactly don’t you like about it, especially versus Eclipse?

I'm not much of a stickler for production quality, but I have a friend who pretty much has the opinion of False Idols was better but still not great in terms of production and the band has pretty much always had pretty poor production quality.  I don't know if you agree with that, but figured like it was worth sharing his opinion on the matter.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Thejewishpeople said:

I'm not much of a stickler for production quality, but I have a friend who pretty much has the opinion of False Idols was better but still not great in terms of production and the band has pretty much always had pretty poor production quality.  I don't know if you agree with that, but figured like it was worth sharing his opinion on the matter.

for sure, while I do enjoy the production on False Idol a great deal versus their other work it’s definitely not perfect

I like the prominence of the bass and general low end on the record a lot though, makes it feel far more punchy than something like Matriarch

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2019 at 4:01 AM, Medusa said:

They can't make the same album with the same sound over and over again

Dude okay it's like Oceano or After the Burial - same era bands and you can listen to their first albums and their most recent albums, and you can hear the progress and what time has done for these bands but you can also listen to the recent stuff and still tell it's the same band. Listen to old Veil's A.T.S.A. or T.C.M.C. - Hell, even Eclipse - and then listen to post-2012 Veil and it's hard to tell it's even the same band anymore, regardless of the change in vocalists - IMO.

Sadly, they did not play this jam when they opened up for Periphery this past Monday.

Perhaps another tour...

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Not enough synth solos and trappidi trap parts. 

Never cared for them but Flase Idols was full of 100% certified bangers and this song continues that trend

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG