mR12

Starset - DIVISIONS (2019)

64 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Let's go!

Holy molyyyyyyyyyyyy

FINALLY! The time has come, Messengers...be sure to have seatbelts on, we are about to ride to the Universe

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

MANIFEST was awesome. I didn't like any other single. I probably won't like this. I am guessing MANIFEST was a 1 off for them? It was Djenty as hell. LMK if any other song on this album sounds like that. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

PTL link wasn't working for me. Other link worked fine though 

Fuck yes super hyped. Can't wait to see these guys live as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Frak The Gods said:

MANIFEST was awesome. I didn't like any other single. I probably won't like this. I am guessing MANIFEST was a 1 off for them? It was Djenty as hell. LMK if any other song on this album sounds like that. Thanks!

Telekinetic is slightly heavier. 

• Upvote 2

Came back just to say that I've lost my shit with Telekinetic. Speechless.

• Upvote 1

It's been a while since I posted some of my stuff, so here are new artworks I made this month, I hope you like them KL crew! <3^_^

Stratosphere.jpg

WTSE.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

Just now, Physyadelic said:

It's been a while since I posted some of my stuff, so here I new artworks I made this month, I hope you like them KL crew! <3^_^

Stratosphere.jpg

WTSE.jpg

These are awesome. Should make a main art for the album as a whole.

• Upvote 2

Heard Telekinetic earlier when my pre order arrived, I literally lost my shit hearing the breakdown

Ok.... wow... I never heard of this band & I'm loving this.

Of the new AvA album is kinda like this... I'll love AvA again....but.... I doubt it... we will see.

• Upvote 1

Now, THIS is what I'm here for. Thanks! <3

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Physyadelic said:

It's been a while since I posted some of my stuff, so here are new artworks I made this month, I hope you like them KL crew! <3^_^

Stratosphere.jpg

WTSE.jpg

Damn... This artwork is amazing. Would you mind making a 'main' artwork as well? (I honestly would love to see every song get its own artwork as they all have a 'single' logo, but I feel that is too much to ask for. haha These probably take a ton of time to make.) I am really tempted to change the cover to one of these as the abstract cover art doesn't work that well with Starset imo.

• Love 1

This is a big disappointment for me. 

This album sounds more like a showcase of technical ability than a true album. Very uninspired lyrically (the space themes feel very forced) and almost every song has a repetitive part to it ("Don't let me let the...x3 dark take over"). 

Although I don't need screaming, those were some of my favorite moments off Transmissions and Vessels and they're mostly absent here. Happy to hear it in Telekenitic  but it didn't mesh well with the rest of the song.

Overall this feels a bit like a sellout to me rather than an evolution. Will keep an eye on my Starset guys, been a fan of Dustin since Downplay, but I don't see myself coming back to this often.

• Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, aMemoryMisread said:

This album sounds more like a showcase of technical ability than a true album. Very uninspired lyrically (the space themes feel very forced) and almost every song has a repetitive part to it ("Don't let me let the...x3 dark take over"). 

Although I don't need screaming, those were some of my favorite moments off Transmissions and Vessels and their mostly absent here. Happy to hear it in Telekenitic  but it didn't mesh well with the rest of the song.

Overall this feels a bit like a sellout to me rather than an evolution. Will keep an eye on my Starset guys, been a fan of Dustin since Downplay, but I don't see myself coming back to this often.

well I feel the this album of their's is pretty unique,The sound style too good.Man can't say I am a fanboy of starset after all.

I have a problem with the album. I reached Telekinetic and can't go on for this song is too fucking good. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, aMemoryMisread said:

"Overall this feels a bit like a sellout to me rather than an evolution. "

"This feels like a sellout to me"

*insert star trek facepalm meme*

46 minutes ago, aMemoryMisread said:

Although I don't need screaming, those were some of my favorite moments off Transmissions and Vessels and their mostly absent here. Happy to hear it in Telekenitic  but it didn't mesh well with the rest of the song.

Question are you a fan of amo by bring me the horizon?

• Upvote 1

@Dmotionless570 I am not a big BMTH fan in general, enjoyed Sempiternal and That's the Spirit quite a bit but I think I only listened to them 1 or 2 times.

Mostly indifferent on Amo and I don't think I'm the best person to give an opinion on the subject.

1 hour ago, aMemoryMisread said:

Although I don't need screaming, those were some of my favorite moments off Transmissions and Vessels and they're mostly absent here.

So, what did you actually not listen to? Divisions or Transmissions & Vessels?

Because Divisions literally has more screaming than the other 2 had combined (not to mention those I would barely consider to be even borderline screams).

• Downvote 1

Very good album. Another masterpiece and a little heavier than Vessels!!! :D

4 hours ago, Stratosphere said:

Heard Telekinetic earlier when my pre order arrived, I literally lost my shit hearing the breakdown

After a few listens I gotta say this is a nice progression from Vessels, tho it's not as heavy at certain points, it's definitely heavy in it's own right

@Draxcazel Telekinetic is the only song with actual screams in it, with Other Worlds Than These riding the line at parts. Manifest sorta teeters into harsh vocals but overall this album is quite a bit softer vocally (sonically is a different story). 

Just look at Rise and Fall or Gravity of You, they're quite the juxtaposition.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, aMemoryMisread said:

@Dmotionless570 I am not a big BMTH fan in general, enjoyed Sempiternal and That's the Spirit quite a bit but I think I only listened to them 1 or 2 times.

Mostly indifferent on Amo and I don't think I'm the best person to give an opinion on the subject.

Oh yeah no worries dude I was curious if you were ok with amo then calling Starsets sellouts which would be hypocritical 

Overall I think I'd give this album an 8/10.

I dig most of the songs aside from them deciding to repeat lyrics over and over in some sections, and the random outro parts.

They used to make epic outros to connect songs and these are just hollow and don't really do anything.

I get that it's characters in a story but they don't take the songs anywhere or build up to the next song really.

The only song on the album that was boring to me was Waking Up. I think its incredibly generic and they forgot to write an actual chorus.

"Hey let's just repeat waking up over and over, and have no chorus substance."

I love them most for creating cinematic rock music and they definitely toned down the cinematic stuff here.

I do really like that they toned down his vocal effects, and let his natural voice tone come through. Other Worlds and Diving Bell really show off his tone.

It's a great album with a few lazy writing choices here and there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mixed feelings about this album, first half of "Divisons" is amazing, Telekinetic is one of their best songs overall, but then... Faultline sounds like Imagine Dragons song, Waking Up is really boring. I hoped that this will be my AOTY, but its surely not. 7/10

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dmotionless570 said:

Oh yeah no worries dude I was curious if you were ok with amo then calling Starsets sellouts which would be hypocritical 

I set my sell out standards pretty strictly at Wage Wars newest 🙃. a joke, but Divisions is a masterpiece in comparison to that lol

Just now, brodway said:

Mixed feelings about this album, first half of "Divisons" is amazing, Telekinetic is one of their best songs overall, but then... Faultline sounds like Imagine Dragons song, Waking Up is really boring. I had a hope that this will be my AOTY, but it surely not. 7/10

Wow I definitely understand the Imagine Dragons comparison on second listen. I think that's why I can't really love this album. I really wanted to but it's a mixed bag and very repetitive as a few others have pointed out.

Best tracks: Telekinetic, Other Worlds, Perfect Machine, Manifest