Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
Summers

blink 182 - NINE (Japanese Edition) (2019)

131 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Don't be so sure. The ORIGINAL leak had photos of the guy with the CD in on desk with his online "Tag" or whatever in the file names and also in the photo.

Anyway, this album is killer. All the singles are the worst on the album. Everything else is better. I am happy.

Not had a chance to listen yet, but expectations were very low after hearing the singles (except for Generational Divide which was great). I wonder who chose the singles, the band or the record company as it sounds like someone's fucked up with the choices. 

Other Releases by

For a strange reason, I really like the song

"I Really Wish I Hated You"

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, MyTearsYW said:

Anything similar to the Self Titled or Neighborhoods on here?

Not at all, I find that this is much worse than "Neighborhoods" .... the self-titled album was VERY GOOD, but far and with the years it is valued more, great album

• Upvote 1

Overall, the album is pretty bad, but i swear, if you make it to the last part of the album there are quite some decent songs. I Really Wish I Hated You, No Heart To Speak Of and Hungover You are really worth the listen. The closer is pretty cool too.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Go ahead, especially with that atrocious grammar 😂

fake and gay

• Downvote 1

Damn I love this more than I ever thought I would after the singles. Lifetime HUGE blink fan.

Blown away by this. Thanks a ton.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

very solid album. miles better than california. there are two things they could've done better: leave Blame it on My Youth and Generational Divide off the record, and try to make an effort to make the songs feel more different. that would make it a 9.5/10. but as things are right now it's an 8/10.

• Upvote 2

V catchy. Songs blend together more than California for me on first listen. Everything sounds crisp and great though.

• Upvote 1

the second half of this album picks up a little bit, but not by much. it's not as bad as i was worried it would be, but it's still not great. there were a couple songs that i did really like (IRWIHY, BIOMY, OSES, and NHTSO) but thats really it. and even those, none are anything amazing. the part that really kills this album is the production. this would've been better if the production on the vocals and drums fit the themes of the songs better. it wouldn't be pop punk still, so if that's what you're looking for, stick with their other albums, but it would have been more enjoyable. some lyrics (like happy days) were just awful. 

overall, im glad we get new music from them, but i wish it would have been done better. i dont mind the genre change, they could pull it off, but the production wasnt fitting, and some songs were just forgettable. it just falls into the background of their other albums, even california (as much as it kills me to say that). 

i do love the album art tho. its basic but pretty lmao

Decent album. Huge blink fan growing up. I'll probably give this a few listens and that'll be it. Not feeling the electronic drum/ 21 pilots/ simple creatures sound, much preferred the guitar driven pop-punk stuff. With that said, Run Away is pretty damn catchy. 

After 7 listens I am just glad this is so much better than California (100% their wost album). That's already enough for me lol!

I downloaded this two days ago.
Easily can say it's one of my favorite blink records ever and really dig all the non-single tracks. Black Rain, On Some Emo Shit, Ransom just all of it is really a fucking gem.
Loved reading these positive comments too. i knew haters would become lovers again. Makes me so happy!.

• Upvote 6

Two days later, still loving this, starting to think it may be better than California

10 hours ago, Kozlina31 said:

After 7 listens I am just glad this is so much better than California (100% their wost album). That's already enough for me lol!

Tbh i get why people don't like California, though i personally do. This album is a very good evolution of what California tried 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

It's not that bad of an album I thought after a first listen through. It's not the greatest either but I don't mind it at all yeah it's not the old Blink but we all know that's not coming back and bands change.

I like a blink album in 2019.

What a world we live in.🤘

• Upvote 1

If i hate literally everything this band has made, would this be any different or should I just stay away?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I could never enjoy Blink before, nothing seemed to stand out to me. I tried every release, but one by one I would delete them. Even California. People I know here(my town :lol:)though fucking love them :lol: This album made me change my mind finally. It’s sounding like a really fun album so far Thank you for uploading, I’ve been loving this release so much. :jams:

Favorites Blame it on My Youth, Ransom, On some Emo shit, Happy Days and Pin The Grenade.

20 minutes ago, DORBUSCUS said:

If i hate literally everything this band has made, would this be any different or should I just stay away?

Did you like Simple Creatures two EPs?

Hell yes!

Listening to the album since 2 days now, and i really love it!
It´s a good mix between California and Untitled, and it has a fresh new sound.

Especially the closer "Remember To Forget Me" gave me goosebumps.

Also love "No Heart to Speak Of". Ok, i like every song, i think the worst one is "Blame It To My Youth", but i don´t hate it anyways.

Blink are back, and i like them as i do since 1997!

Fuck, i´m old. Now i´m going to fuck your moms, bye!

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DORBUSCUS said:

Download it, try 2-4 songs of the album (don't pick only singles) and risk losing 15-20 minutes. It will definitely not hurt.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

Did you like Simple Creatures two EPs?

I've never actually heard them before.

5 hours ago, Why Nolin? said:

Download it, try 2-4 songs of the album (don't pick only singles) and risk losing 15-20 minutes. It will definitely not hurt.

alright I'll give it a shot

Finally got to this.

It's kinda mehhh...

Most of the tracks sound pretty same-y to me. A few here and there aren't, including Hungover You (easily best track). I mean the talent is there, but it feels like they're slacking in most of the department.

6/10

blink-182??? What happen?

• Downvote 1

15 song album.......all trash

edit: i dig some of this second spin. no heart to speak of, on some emo shit, hungover you, remember to forget me

back half is killer. too poppy front side. favorite track probably no heart to speak of

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1

In love with this album. Of course it's gonna have its ups and downs but this gave me the same chills of when I first heared Self-titled, give it a few listens and let it slowly sink into you. Skibba and Travis kill it in this album.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Ive had Remember to Forget Me on repeat all night

• Love 1

Favorite track hungover you and Heaven a close 2nd.

I like all blink, all side projects... I still wish this version of blink was named something different as Tom is too significant to be forgotten. 

Skiba+mark+Travis is great on their own.... I get the band name and the celeb that comes with it tho

I thoroughly liked California but I think I prefer this over it. I will say after a couple listens Travis doesn't stand out with all those random fills. Feel like he was more prominent on California

I also don't get the knock for neighborhoods.. I thought that was awesome along with dog eating dogs (minus that punk Ska feature)