Summers

blink 182 - NINE (Japanese Edition) (2019)

131 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

52 minutes ago, Cobwebs&CablesTX said:

So... I can’t listen til after work. Is it more like blink or more like alkaline? 

More blink/simple Creatures, so really, more Mark

• Upvote 2

I've never really listened to Blink in general (I like a song here and there, not overly familiar with their discography though), but I think this album is pretty good. I remember listening to California when it came out and didn't particularly care for it, but there's definitely a few songs that I would consistently listen to on here. I really like Heaven, Black Rain, and No Heart To Speak Of. 

Anything similar to the Self Titled or Neighborhoods on here?

wow this is legit garbage lmao

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, InsidAero said:

wow this is legit garbage lmao

LMAO...no

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Wanted to give this a listen and was pleasantly surprised! A lot of solid songs (first time, black rain,  pin the grenade) . Honestly preferring Matt Skiba instead of tom at this point 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Imagine being 50 years old and still forcing yourself to sing the same old shit.

10 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Imagine thinking people still like Blink

Careful talking shit on this site about emo/____core/pop-punk, there's a lot of grown men here that still haven't aged any way but physically since graduating high school. Hence why a fucking Sleeping With Sirens album is trending on here rn lmfao

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, popcore182 said:

all i can say is that this slaps the new FOB

Not hard to do that tbh

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

damn it was a joke 😳 ppl really like getting offended don't they ?

12 minutes ago, turtaffe said:

damn it was a joke 😳 ppl really like getting offended don't they ?

Not that it affected or applied to me, but it certainly didn't read like one. It just read like a immature and IQ level of 12 insult.  I hope you know tone is not at all portrayed in text as it is in voice.  On top of that, it is funny when you try to place the blame on people getting offended when it was you who said what you said which unintentionally may have insulted someone...  Just be careful with what (and how) you type.

• Upvote 3

This was a lot better than I expected it to be, I actually really dig this

12 hours ago, Ossy33xxx said:

some decent tracks to listen to, but they really strayed from anything Blink 182 ever did. I'm not sure any of these tracks will really go over well when played to an actual Live audience. Travis doesn't get to showcase his drum talents really. My favorite track is probably "Black Rain' which is definitely 95% Alkaline Trio sounding.

I havent really liked a blink song since the guitar player left but some of these songs really reminded me of those classic enema of the state type vibes. Overall the album has some great hooks I found myself drawn to it way more than I thought I would.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Not that it affected or applied to me, but it certainly didn't read like one. It just read like a immature and IQ level of 12 insult.  I hope you know tone is not at all portrayed in text as it is in voice.  On top of that, it is funny when you try to place the blame on people getting offended when it was you who said what you said which unintentionally may have insulted someone...  Just be careful with what (and how) you type.

i don't care what ppl on the internet think i can post whatever is want no matter how retarded it is 🤣

Just now, turtaffe said:

i don't care what ppl on the internet think i can post whatever is want no matter how retarded it is 🤣

Go ahead, especially with that atrocious grammar 😂

• Upvote 1

I can get why people like new Blink 182.

I can get why people don't like new Blink 182.

What I don't get is the people who don't get (or claim to not get) why other people don't like this.

#DefendPopPunk is taken to high heights here, but that doesn't mean everyone has to like Kidz Bop.

• Love 1

I really enjoy this! blink-182 has always been a favorite of mine. I just wish they'd let Skiba fly a little bit more.

Thanks, though!

• Upvote 2

Remember to Forget Me just might be one of my all time fav Blink songs. The acoustic guitar, piano, trap vibes and the drums on outro make it such a brilliant album closer. 

• Upvote 1

actually way better then what I was expecting.

• Love 1

Thank you for uploading this. my daily album for the next two years is finally here because of you :wub:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

A blink-182 album in 2019 has no business being this good but alas here we are. I would say the singles on 'Nine' aren't truly representative of the entire album.

• Love 2

20 hours ago, dewey duck said:

anyways this leak was intentional

nine days before the official release date lmao

Don't be so sure. The ORIGINAL leak had photos of the guy with the CD in on desk with his online "Tag" or whatever in the file names and also in the photo.

Anyway, this album is killer. All the singles are the worst on the album. Everything else is better. I am happy.

• Upvote 3

EDIT: links are fine, just had to wait a minute

Alright, so I have listened to this album at least twelve times straight through. The first listen, I wasn't so sure how I felt. Second listen, started to like it. After the tenth time, I've gotta say this is one of my favorite blink albums now. I never thought I'd say this, but I get SERIOUS Untitled vibes from it. It's a very moody album as well. Matt, Mark, and Travis all impress on this album too. Some really good lyrics from Hoppus and Skiba. And Barker just goes NUTS. Even when he uses his electronic drums. You can't just listen to this album once and write it off. You have to sit and listen to it a few times for everything to sink in. 

• Love 2

@Arun1910 I have to agree that the singles are weaker than the rest of the album. I still enjoy all the singles though. The rest of the album really pulls it all together for me. I get Untitled vibes from it, which is crazy to me. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, FoxMoulder802 said:

@Arun1910 I have to agree that the singles are weaker than the rest of the album. I still enjoy all the singles though. The rest of the album really pulls it all together for me. I get Untitled vibes from it, which is crazy to me. 

I would agree on untitled vibes... which I feel odd saying. I think it's because of the lyrical depth and overall composition of songs. A few dark songs too which I love. Untitled is quite an emo(sh) album and I do get those vibes on Nine.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Arun1910 said:

I would agree on untitled vibes... which I feel odd saying. I think it's because of the lyrical depth and overall composition of songs. A few dark songs too which I love. Untitled is quite an emo(sh) album and I do get those vibes on Nine.

Absolutely! Untitled is my favorite blink record. (Love them all) But damn, they really went in on Nine. I'm impressed with how awesome it is. 

• Love 1

23 hours ago, dewey duck said:

anyways this leak was intentional

nine days before the official release date lmao

Wow lol cool

"Remember to Forget Me"  ...tears

• Upvote 1