eris

Green Day - Father of All... (Single) (2019)

32 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg
Release - September 10th, 2019
Genre - Alternative Rock, Garage Rock Revival
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

01. Father of All... (2:31)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

**new album Father of All... out February 7th, 2020**

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

I like the callback to the American Idiot album artwork on this.  I am not entirely sure what to expect of this but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ok so i have liked everything green day have done even the trio of albums but this this is kinda shit

• Upvote 5

Teasing the AI cover to remind everyone the last time they were a good band. lol

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2
  • Downvote 5

This sounds like something you would hear during a car commercial or something. The new audi a5 taking you further.....

• Haha 2

I'll buck the trend of this thread and say I like it. I'm not 100% on that high pitched voice in the verses.. but I'm digging the  music and chorus

• Love 1

Meh, I would do anything to get old Green Day back.

Even 21st Century Breakdown was incredible. This single sucks

• Upvote 1

There was the odd song that was good on Revolution Radio but this is just ok but not like good green day...

• Upvote 1

Many fans won't like this song, its very different for green day, but god damn its catchy and I love it. 

Fuck I always hated garage rock, theres a revival now? But for some reason, this doesnt make me want to kill myself. Green Day is a band where for me it's a yes or no. Give or take. I maybe looking forward to this album now. Thanks guys!

Quite good song, but as a leading single I don't think it's the best choice. But we'll see it soon. That song is not bad, but it's quite different than what Green Day does. Maybe I need to re-listen to it.

PS. Do you know that Father of All... lasts 26 minutes? It was said in one interview. It means we're gonna get 2 or 3-minute songs only. I guess most of them will be fast paced.

• Sad 1

green day is my all time favorite band, but that cover is fucking garbage. the verse's aren't great but the rest of the song is fine.  definitely overshadowed by Weezer's gem. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

This isn't my favorite green day of all time but I honestly prefer this style of rock to the over produced pop bullshit they put out awhile back. Solid 6 from me at best.

I honestly believe that this is not Green Day.

Green Day is a Booger Day, to flip your boogers, LOL!

Just Jokin!

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

Totally hearing Butch Walker's influence on this. That isn't a bad thing for some bands, but for Green Day it's not flattering.

• Upvote 2

im just confused when i listened to it. im not really sure what to make of it. maybe i'll give it a couple more listens. or wait for more tracks. i dont think i dislike it but honestly i'm not sure. that album art is a hate crime tho, even with the AI homage. 

• Upvote 1

For someone who isn't really the hugest fan of Green Day but adores a few of their songs...

What the hell?

The vocals are what really bring this down. I wouldn't be able to tell you this is Green Day if someone showed this to me. The instrumental is mixed and performed well but again, the vocals do not work. Billie's voice just doesn't fit this style. 2/5

50 minutes ago, AMNESIK said:

Good job Green Day, you tried!

goldstar2.jpg