eris

Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding (2019)

63 posts in this topic

YEETHAW

LET'S GOOO

• Downvote 1

I never lost faith in my master leakers, papa bless

• Upvote 1

Ayeee let's go! 

Ozzy......what are you doin', man? You pull another one of these and I'm goin' to town on ya...

• Downvote 6

So far so good. If you like Posty, you'll like this :cowboy:

• Upvote 2

Interesting listen so far. That opening track is fucking fantastic. So far I’m not sold, but it’s a fun spin. 

• Upvote 1

This album is amazing so far man so many different sounds executed so well.. I'm kinda speechless listening to this album not because it's amazing or even terrible I just can't find the words to describe  the way this thing is making me feel 

• Upvote 1

Okay this album is getting much better towards the second half. I can’t believe I just heard Ozzy fucking Osbourne on a hip hop track. Wow. Incredible so far. Still got a ways to go too. 

• Upvote 1

God take what you want could have been so much better

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

i just nutted in my belly button SKRRRT

• Upvote 1

This is pretty dissapointing in my personal opinion, not only did he remove kanye west from Internet but he adds sunflower & wow on this? Not saying there not good songs on here the opener was a highlight, im gonna go on a limb and say post doesnt even have the best verse on the album, after bb&b i kind of expected abit more. Maybe after a couple more plays i might like it more

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I want to live in the timeline where post aced that audition with crown the empire

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This was totally different than his last two albums but top to bottom there isn't a track I'd skip here unlike the last two. Some tracks are growers for sure, but on first listen Hollywood's Bleeding, Saint-Tropez, A Thousand Bad Times, Die For Me, Take What You Want, Myself, and Wow are my favorites. 

• Upvote 1

Way different than B&B. Stoney has very few I liked. B&B I loved with a passion probably every track I loved. But this album has some nice listen, some to bop to, some radio and some catchy tracks. Favs tracks on this one is: Hollywood's bleeding, enemies, circles, on the road, take what you want, internet, wow. But is still not as good as B&B to me. its a good listen but has its tracks.

*also he just shouted the Jonas brothers on i know why lol*  

8 minutes ago, alwaysemmabean.1207 said:

This is pretty dissapointing in my personal opinion, not only did he remove kanye west from Internet but he adds sunflower & wow on this? Not saying there not good songs on here the opener was a highlight, im gonna go on a limb and say post doesnt even have the best verse on the album, after bb&b i kind of expected abit more. Maybe after a couple more plays i might like it more

That's probably because the whole Kanye feature was unintelligible for over half of it. While I still Appreciate the Kanye single they put out, I do appreciate the version with just Post. Especially when the bits of Kayne's feature you can make out on the first listen are all about some thiccy in the club grabbin his dick lol.

So in other words, same ol Kanye. But Kanye's harmonies when he wasn't mumbling were fantastic and sorely missed.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, alwaysemmabean.1207 said:

Its a good move actually, since Kanye West is absolute shit.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, alwaysemmabean.1207 said:

Internet is far better without another shitty feature. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

So good as usual...and OZZY?! Goddamn Post.

2 hours ago, humbleledger said:

I want to love in the timeline where post aced that audition with crown the empire

I forgot that happened. 😂😂 that'd be so weird to see

• Upvote 1

A lot of potential on that ozzy feature was definitely wasted

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's basically a loose compilation of tracks. Good bunch of hits, but more misses than ever. Putting Internet on it as an interlude without the beat drop was really lazy and killed the track's potential, having Sunflower on here and Wow as the closer was pretty questionable as well. His worst yet, but still not bad.

Highlights on first listen: Hollywood's Bleeding, Saint Tropez, Allergic, DIe For Me, Take What You Want, Goodbyes, Wow

4 hours ago, Maxi Milian said:

Its a good move actually, since Kanye West is absolute shit.

LMFAO yet here you are listening to Post Malone 🤣 Kanye is a legit musical genius of production with several classics under his belt, Post isn't even fit to lick his track shoes

• Love 1
  • Downvote 13

Okay so here's my review after 3 listens.

01. Hollywood's Bleeding such a great intro. Almost gives a western vibe like when a lone cowboy strolls into town and all the snakes and rats are sizing him up at first sight. Clearly about all the fake and unoriginal leeches in Hollywood and in the music industry but how it almost traps you once you enter. 9/10.

02. Saint-Tropez "Versace boxers on my dick" catchy track with good bass. Gives me Stoney vibes. Feels like a return to form for Post. Feels good. Solid listen. Could almost be looped after the 2nd verse and you probably wouldn't notice. 7.5/10.

03. Enemies relatable af. Catchy,groovy, Posty's chorus melodies are great and so are the features. "Used to have friends but now I got enemies. Used to keep em close but now they dead to me." 9.5/10.

04. Allergic this song is so good. It's something I could totally imagine hearing off Stoney. Such a catchy genre change and fun af. And that fringe radio rock in the chorus is catchy as hell. I could see it making it'sway into racing games or even onto a radio station in a game like GTA. Great track. 10/10.

05. A Thousand Bad Times a very soft start and the song is very chill and almost happy sounding but it's all about a girl that just makes it so damn hard to love her but he can't help it. It's relatable, catchy, and chill. I could listen to it on repeat easily. "It's gonna take a lot more to kill me biiiitch so thank you for the grave I needed me a place to sleep." 10/10.

06. Circles chill, happy, alt/radio-rock/pop-rock classic Post sad boi vibes but happy singalong that's contagious and would easily listen on blast while driving or cruising at night. 9/10.

07. Die For Me Chill flow. Features are good. Relatable lyrics for when you're in your feelings about a bad ex or even a bad friend. 6/10.

08. On the Road Solid. Probably a solid somg for the gym or working out in general. All about fair weather fake friends. Features are slick. Sometimes Post really shines when he's focused on the chorus like this track. Especially when it probably comes from a real place. 6/10.

09. Take What You Want  Ok. This cane out of nowhere but was a real treat. Any legit Posty fans know he's a big metal fan so the fact that this dude got Ozzy as a feature alone is cool af but he even got Travis Scott on the track too. Ozzy was fantastic. I'd be hyped to see Ozzy come on stage for this at some point. 9.5/10.

10. I'm Gonna Be such a mellow mix between some indie sounding track with huge bass and happy vibes. The semi-looped notes in the background almost have a lofi quality but the piano and bass help make it it's own thing. 8/10. 

11. Staring at the Sun Let me start by saying if the groovy vibe right off the bat doesn't hook you immediately you need to get checked out. This shit is groovy. Like DGD minus the hardcore groovy. And what do you get when you take the hardcore out of "Post Hardcore"? 10/10.

12. Sunflower if you haven't seen Spiderman ItSV or listened to the radio in the past 6+ months I guess you might have missed this one, but it's chill,it's sweet, it's a feel good jam. There's a reason it gets played so much. 8/10.

13. Internet So this was an actual surprise. I wasn't expecting to ever hear this track without the Kanye feature but it's actually really nice. Not sure if Post and 'Ye had a falling out or if the single is it's own thing but I did enjoy this one just a bit more personally. I like Kanye, just not his mumble rapping he tried to do on the original track. 7/10.

14. Goodbyes so when this track first came out I kinda wasn't the biggest fan of the Young Thug feature but each listen grew on me more and more. Until the point where if I was singing along at home I'd start raising my pitch during that part. Solid Post Malone track. I won't be suprised to hear this one along with 'Circles' on radio stations soon. 8.5/10.

15. Myself this is some campy catchy stuff. It just reminds me of an old movie or show where someone has been down on their luck but shrugs and starts picking themselves up. In fact I bet if you put it over random footage of old shows or intros it would fool some people. 7.5/10.

16. I Know shout out Jonas Brothers. This song will likely be base boosted and bumped in clubs or in hair salons. Short song. Pretty catchy. But felt like it was a little short. Still not bad. But not the best. 5/10.

17. Wow. "pull up to the house with some big  b u t t s". This track has been out for a while and it's a banger. I remember it came out just in time for New Years parties and it bumped like crazy. Catchy fun song. 7/10.

Overall I'd say it's a good blend of what genre splicing Posty became known for from Stoney and the catchy beats and bass from Beerbongs&Bentleys with a handful of it's own diamonds throughout. Stoney is still my favorite Post album so far but this comes close. After a week with it I'm willing to bet I'll say this is my favorite Post album.

A worthy successor to B&B and overall better than B&B as a whole I think. But that's tough because I love B&B and still listen to it regularly. A solid 9/10 Post Malone album.

• Upvote 4

A lot of people hated b&b when it first released. Honestly this seems like it's no different. I'm just glad it doesn't have the top two hip-hop song ruiners of all time: Cardi B and Nikki Minaj. However dababy and lilbaby's versus were pretty retarded and I def could've done without either of them as they weren't even on beat with the song.

24 minutes ago, Strizzmatik said:

LMFAO yet here you are listening to Post Malone 🤣 Kanye is a legit musical genius of production with several classics under his belt, Post isn't even fit to lick his track shoes

Yeah he has a lot of classics but he also has been putting out a lot of trash lately, more trash than you know actual listenable songs. Poop diddly woop scoop de poop.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jak said:

Yeah he has a lot of classics but he also has been putting out a lot of trash lately, more trash than you know actual listenable songs. Poop diddly woop scoop de poop.

Absolute

Facts. I think the last somewhat recent song Kanye put out I liked was Yikes.

• Upvote 2