eris

Senses Fail - From the Depths of Dreams (EP) (2019)

25 posts in this topic

8 track EP, I'm pumped 😄 gonna have a listen later

Why is this called an EP? Is this because of the total lenght being under x minutes long?

2 minutes ago, S3r4ph said:

Why is this called an EP? Is this because of the total lenght  being under x minutes long?

they previously released it in 2003 and re-recorded the whole thing bc of outdated lyrics and such

been looking forward to this so much, and it's def. good but i prefer the older one. i dunno, i know the songs haven't changed much but the older one just still seems darker to me which is what appealed to me.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for this kl fam cant wait to hear it. Bought the reissue back in 03 and now I get to hear this.. excited..

Man, I love this! 

man this EP still gets me amped just like it did when it first came out. Fuck yes. 

• Upvote 2

Cool Thanks !

Abomination to the original tbh.  I was really looking forward to this.. now I dont even want to know how they are going to ruin The Fire.

Really let down by this to be quite honest. The original had so much passion and energy and this just seems kind of phoned-in by comparison. The huge decrease on the harsh vocals for more of a pop-punk sound really didn't work out well with some of these classics either.

13 hours ago, dewey duck said:

they previously released it in 2003 and re-recorded the whole thing bc of outdated lyrics and such

Outdated lyrics? Which ones? Been a while since I gave the original a spin.

awesome, thank you!!!

Buddy's wokeness is really bumming out my Senses Fail listening experience. 

FLAC added!

On 9/6/2019 at 4:04 AM, SavageWraith said:

Outdated lyrics? Which ones? Been a while since I gave the original a spin.

Buddy stated recently that there were several lyrics on this that he no longer agreed with and wouldn't sing again live. These rerecordings should reflect that. More here: https://www.altpress.com/news/senses-fail-bitch-whore-hand-guns-bastard-son/

The EP was always one of my favorites. I feel like this won't be able to keep up with the original. Loved the most recent release those. Glad to hear these guys still at it.

• Upvote 1

"Free Fall Without A Parachute" was the song that got me into Senses Fail 17 years ago.  I prefer the "crappy" 2002 recordings of these songs better. It's just how i want to remember the songs and they had much more emotion to them in my opinion. That was my sophomore year in high school when i heard the Senses Fail and A Static Lullaby ep's. but A Static Lullaby flamed out big time lol

@SavageWraith there was an article where Buddy said he wanted to take out "immature words" like "Whore" in the Handguns track, "Bitch" out of Bastard Son