Summers

Grayscale - Nella Vita (2019)

33 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Can't wait to listen to this

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks! I have really high hopes for this album

this is like the first album in YEARS that singles aren't too great but the rest of the album are really catchy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Overproduced album

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

"pop punk" is a stretch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

>a summer album

>comes out once summer ends

• Upvote 1

I heard this album a few days early thanks to a friend. I went in knowing this was absolutely gonna be different, but still enjoyed myself nonetheless. Adornment was a record I was heavily in love with too, so I was nervous about this album when the singles were dropping. This album certainly isn't up to par with Adornment by any means, but it's still solid nonetheless for what it is. Just Right, Tommy's Song, Twilight, and Desert Queen are my favorites from it. For anyone expecting anything previous sounding from this band on this album, I wouldn't. 

• Upvote 1

I've been a huge fan of Grayscale since their debut album. Loved the sound of the singles, the lyrics, specially on Baby Blue totally caught me off guard. This is easily my favorite album of the year so far. I just love the 1975 vibes incorporated as well. The drums on the album sound so so good, as a drummer its so fun to play along to these songs. The upbeat, catchy and happy vibes of the songs regardless of the lyrics is something very different from the Leaving and Adornment days but I love how they pulled off the transition to this style of music. Easily my AOTY as of now, hoping the new Waterparks album gives this a competition.

yall hearing the 1975, but since I don't care for the 1975 I'm hearing The Format. 

i thought the singles by themselves were kinda weak, but listening to this album through completely changed my mind. this is good. sure, it's not pop punk but there are bands sampling these same sounds that are considered pop punk. i love how gracefully they changed their sound up and how mature the sound has gotten between adornment and this. stoked to hear these songs live.

• Downvote 1

"pop-punk" 

• Upvote 1

Wow this is actually pretty good! I love the upbeat songs like twilight (My heaven),  desert queen,  just right,  in violet. 

why are people so hung up on what it is or what it isn't? edge lords pretending that they are to cool for some pop punk, yet they are still here in this thread anyways. enjoy the band, or don't, but stop trying to force your subgenre interpretations onto others

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, popcore182 said:

why are people so hung up on what it is or what it isn't? edge lords pretending that they are to cool for some pop punk, yet they are still here in this thread anyways. enjoy the band, or don't, but stop trying to force your subgenre interpretations onto others

maybe bc here's a place you can opine whatever you fucking want???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

whole album SLAPS but made me cry especially during that closing track 

this release is a huge let down...this album has no energy whatsoever besides the two singles released. Maybe after I listen a few more times through, but overall highly disappointing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

After 4 listens I am finally enjoying it

• Love 1

Ouch, underwhelming to say the least. Can't say i'm surprised though. Couple of decent songs to listen in the car with my girlfriend.

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

Really really enjoying this album.. dont get the hate.

• Upvote 1

What We're Missing was amazing.

Atonement, 2/3 of the album was really good.

This. This is just crap.

1 minute ago, NightAngel said:

What We're Missing was amazing.

Atonement, 2/3 of the album was really good.

This. This is just crap.

Could you elaborate why you feel this way. I dont feel like this album is that big of a jump from atonement...

not picking fights or anything just curious as to why you say that.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, JoshRaptorTire said:

Could you elaborate why you feel this way. I dont feel like this album is that big of a jump from atonement...

not picking fights or anything just curious as to why you say that.

Super generic radio pop. 

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

On 9/6/2019 at 9:23 AM, popcore182 said:

I can't even begin to explain how hilarious it is that you made the effort to go to my profile, look at my old posts and downvote them because I downvoted one of yours 😂