Michael

Korn - The Nothing (2019)

97 posts in this topic

uff man my sis told me it was leaked and i didn't believed her because too soon to be laeked. thank you very fucking much. i'm already listening to it and it's amazing. 

Other Releases by

I wasn't expecting this album to leak this early but fuck it. Awesome album start to finish.

The first track The End Begins is sooo good wow

9 hours ago, Physyadelic said:

Sounds like Issues, Untouchables, The Paradigm Shift with a bits of last record :lol: The Ringmaster (Insane) Idiosyncrasy (Please Come For Me)
It's really good album

It is good album after i hear it but idk i just hoping to get the FTL vibe in one of the song, i just dont feel it...

so to me its not that bad, but not that amazing..

its just decent album for me

• Upvote 1

THANK YOU KIND PEOPLE

7 hours ago, Sstone said:

Amazing songs. Complete shit mix & master.

Well, I have one thing to tell you
"you are deaf"
xD

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Honestly it's not a bad album but nothing creative 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

What?

3 hours ago, Physyadelic said:

Well, I have one thing to tell you
"you are deaf"
xD

If a person can't hear the massive clipping in the mastering & how awfully muddy & muffled the mix is, more power to them. But they're probably listening to it on laptop speakers, a phone, low quality ear buds, or a potato. I love the album & for me it's hands down their best since "Take a Look", but it does in fact sound like garbage. :)

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sstone said:

If a person can't hear the massive clipping in the mastering & how awfully muddy & muffled the mix is, more power to them. But they're probably listening to it on laptop speakers, a phone, low quality ear buds, or a potato. I love the album & for me it's hands down their best since "Take a Look", but it does in fact sound like garbage. :)

Sounds nothing like garbage, and I'm using none of the above 

let's hope they have like 5 killer unreleased bonus tracks to be released, like they did with The Paradigm Shift

55 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

Sounds nothing like garbage, and I'm using none of the above 

We will have to agree to disagree on the mix as too many subjective factors come into play (sounds like it was recorded inside a giant plastic bucket to me), but there is provable & non-disputable evidence on the mastering end.

• Upvote 1

The Nothing by KORN Album Review :

Honorable mentions : I started to make a list but it would be worthless, all the songs on the album deserves to be there, I’m not even kidding.

My Top 5 :

Cold : I love this one so much, it is preceded by the intro : The End Begins with a lot of bagpipes in it.  It reminds me of Dead the intro of Issues which was kind of similar.  After that, as soon as Cold starts, you know that this album will be dark and heavy as fuck.  It’s super cool to have JD growling in this one and to have a super catchy and melodic chorus at the same time.  I also love the lyrics in this song.  My take on them is that you should not let anyone affect you in any bad way.  Everyone can be stronger than all the negative people around them.

The Darkness is Revealing : I love this song right from the start because of the incredible bouncy riff, the type of riff that Korn are well known for.  The way I’m understanding this song is that JD is living a really thought situation.  He has difficulties to understand why everything is happening and he doesn’t understand why he is feeling like this.  There is also a really cool part where JD says « take a look around, let the money starts coming for me » and it reminds me a lot of that insane part in Freak on a Leash.  After that, there is a part full of growls and it is so heavy, the last minute and a half of this song definitely makes it the best song of this new album, « The Nothing ».

Idiosyncrasy : This song starts in such a brutal way that you have no other choices than to fall in love with it right away.  It also contains a lot of growls in the pre chorus which is a fantastic thing in my opinion.  There is some kind of bridge near the end of the song and it just sounds so great and groovy.  It’s also preceded by a part where we only have Fieldy all alone playing the bass.  Also, at the end of this song JD is asking time after time why god keeps making fun of him, and that part was simply fabulous.

H@rd3r : The intro with the keyboard is really setting a good mood to the song.  Right after that, you have another super heavy riff straight in your face.  I love the lyrics in the chorus so much they go as follow : Tell me who I am, I’ve done all I can, Tell me why my life keeps getting harder and harder and harder.  Tell me what to feel, this shit can’t be real.  Tell me why my life keeps getting harder and harder and harder.  It describes perfectly a situation where you are hopeful and you don’t know what to do anymore nor you understand why the fuck this is happening to you.  The part before the last chorus is also so freaking heavy that it gives me chills every times I’m listening to it.

This Loss : This is obviously a song about JD’s ex wife who died last summer.  But if you’re getting out of a relationship like I am right now, you can definitely relate to pretty much everything in this song.  This is about the fact of loosing someone in your life and the fact that you would want to take back time because you will never be the same after a huge challenge like this one.  It’s still an heavy song but I would say it’s slightly softer than the rest of the album.  Mainly because of a slower part in the song with a lot of keyboards and JD is doing some super melodic clean vocals.  But this part is great and definitely one of my favorite moment of the album.

9/10, I feel like it’s even better than The Serenity of Suffering and getting close to the level of Korn’s best album.

• Upvote 2

This album is like the essence of new Korn (Post SYOTOS) It has electronic moments that are great, the lyrics are heartbreaking, but the flow of some of these songs are forgettable.

The album is a bit more hit than miss but when it misses, it's noticable. Some great songs on here like the singles, Ringmaster, Can You Hear Me, Gravity of Discomfort, Idiosyncrasy. The interludes are really unsettling and tears my fucking heart apart. But I wish the album had stronger pacing on some tracks. 

13. Untitled
12. Korn III
11. The Path of Totality
10. The Paradigm Shift
9. Untouchables
8. See You On the Other Side
7. Take A Look in the Mirror
6. The Nothing
5. Follow the Leader
4. The Serenity of Suffering
3. Issues
2. Korn
1. Life is Peachy

This album is ok. Nothing very catchy and the breakdown parts are meh. Maybe thats why its called The Nothing? Because nothing is really here. The heavier parts are few and far between. I feel each song had a lot more potential but they never quite hit the mark. To each their own I guess. Just not in the top tier w other Korn albums to me. Super disappointed.

Listen people if you are an actual korn fan there is NO way you can form a proper opinion after one day with the record. Give it some time,listen with good headphones and a joint before hand really helps! :) So far for me....SOS is odd cause I remember it being so good but when I listen back it doesnt hold up as good. Tons of great intros but the songs overall arent consistent. Half the record is good and the other half for me is ruined by bad verses or weak choruses. Everything falls apart is a good example. I cant stand the chorus it ruins the song for me. Now to The Nothing....The songwriting seems way tighter to me here. Most of the songs keep my interest peaked thru out. So far im loving it. My only gripe is the actual track list. 3 interludes seems a bit much so only 10 actual songs here. If the album had 2 more bangers it might be my fav korn album. Anyone here anything about bonus tracks? I know for a fact Nick (producer) makes them record a shit ton of music so im sure there are a few but no idea if they plan on using them.

• Upvote 1

Holy shit! Korn leaked this early!?!?! I didn't even have my lube ready. Oh well here goes nothing! 

9 hours ago, Sstone said:

We will have to agree to disagree on the mix as too many subjective factors come into play (sounds like it was recorded inside a giant plastic bucket to me), but there is provable & non-disputable evidence on the mastering end.

I'd be curious to see your proof on the mastering

But yes, well have to agree to disagree

this is an absolutely fantastic album. the only 2 songs i didnt love were finally free and can you hear me, not that i disliked them tho, just the only ones i didnt *love*. darkness is revealing might be the best track on here, that bridge went HARD! thank you for this so early!!

I'm really loving this album there are some pretty heavy bangers on this album. My favorite song so far is Idiosyncracy, the bass in that song is awesome and it hits like a tank. The whole song just hits hard. I like the second half of the album better than the first half. My favorite songs are Gravity of Discomfort, H@rd3r, the ringmaster, finally free, can you hear me, this loss, and you'll never find me. One thing i noticed is the softer part in the song this loss, was different than anything I have ever heard Jonathan Davis do vocally. I liked the fact he tried something differen and i thought it sounded really good. I give the album an 8/10. one more thing, i like how they brought the bagpipes back. It's been a couple albums since they have used them. This album definitely has an old school Korn vibe to it. This is the korn i first got interested in, they just grew. They have gotten more melodic over the years as well, and i always loved that side of them.

12 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

I'd be curious to see your proof on the mastering

But yes, well have to agree to disagree

His proof is that me, desk and couple of others think the same. The mix is not good

• Confused 1

great leak, decent tracks, better than I thought they would be.

Looking for limp bizkit new album.

4 minutes ago, Memol said:

Looking for limp bizkit new album.

oh shit is this memq from utube!? And we are all waiting for LB! Apparently it is actually a real thing and a rumor says a single is supposed to be soon but we have heard that before.

For a Korn album in 2019, I have to say that was pretty enjoyable

This is so fucking good, really happy this album wasn't a disappointment.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:27 AM, NieR:Automata™ said:

His proof is that me, desk and couple of others think the same. The mix is not good

People sharing an opinion on something isn't very much proof.

Good album regardless