xcblackdiamond

Dance Gavin Dance - Acceptance Speech 2.0 (2019)

51 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Let's get it boios

• Upvote 1

Half way though, and this sounds muuuch better. I've always loved this album but the master certainly had room for improvement. Gonna be spinning this a lot. There's also a new instrumental-only remaster that'll likely be posted later.

• Upvote 2

Ooooh, i hope this is better, AS is my least favorite Tillian album cause of the mix 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

remixed or re-recorded?

regardless, worth a listen.  I was worried about dgds future after Jonny did a Jonny after dbm2,  this album felt like a huge sigh of relief.  

• Haha 1

Yes! this album has amazing songs but the original mix was fucking unlistenable.

• Upvote 1

I might cry in my study hall

Just finished my 1st listen of this and originally this would've been my favorite DGD album if it weren't for how poorly mixed it was now with this Remixed version OMG this album gives Mothership a run for it's money with this remix this has probably become my new favorite DGD album 10/10 if this came out this year it'd have AOTY with fuckin ease

• Upvote 3

It sounds like a few minor parts might've been re-recorded?  For example, the vocals in the beginning of Doom & Gloom and Strawberry Swisher Pt. 3 sound a bit different beyond just the mix, but maybe that's just how much the mixing was affecting it before, IDK.  Also the vocal intro at the very beginning of Death of the Robot with Human Hair is just completely gone lol.

Honestly, I'm really not sure I *needed* this, but it's nice I guess?  Maybe I just can't pick up on the improvements as much since my ears are still overloaded from the ERRA/Northlane show last night, but I never had much of a problem with AS in the first place.

• Upvote 3

This album holds an immense special place in my heart. Those were much harder and darker times for me that I somehow got through and now I feel genuinely happy. Even though my biggest lession was that happiness, just as sadness, goes away and comes back from time to.time.

I've actually felll in love with my girl when this was releasing, and we're still going, planning to get married real soon, have kids and stuff. Just to put in perspective how music can play a major role in our lives. Thanks for this guys (and for everything so far)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, bunkyyunky said:

It sounds like a few minor parts might've been re-recorded?  For example, the vocals in the beginning of Doom & Gloom and Strawberry Swisher Pt. 3 sound a bit different beyond just the mix, but maybe that's just how much the mixing was affecting it before, IDK.  Also the vocal intro at the very beginning of Death of the Robot with Human Hair is just completely gone lol.

Honestly, I'm really not sure I *needed* this, but it's nice I guess?  Maybe I just can't pick up on the improvements as much since my ears are still overloaded from the ERRA/Northlane show last night, but I never had much of a problem with AS in the first place.

Ear plugs are your best friends, friend! (it is well worth investing in $15+ plugs that filter out all the harmful sound frequencies so you don't go deaf over time.  Plus, you can go to bed that night without any ringing in your ears and the sound quality isn't affected either, unless you use the cheap plugs, which technically also do the job by saving your ears at the cost of muffled sound).  Regardless, cheap foam plugs or nicer ones, plug your ears.  It is worth it in the long run, as the inner hair cells in our ears cannot be regenerated.  Once you lose those cells/neurons, they're gone for good and you'll start to lose your hearing before you know it, especially if you go to shows frequently.

• Upvote 3

some if this HAS to be re-recorded.

feels like an entirely new album in some parts

17 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Ear plugs are your best friends, friend! (it is well worth investing in $15+ plugs that filter out all the harmful sound frequencies so you don't go deaf over time.  Plus, you can go to bed that night without any ringing in your ears and the sound quality isn't affected either, unless you use the cheap plugs, which technically also do the job by saving your ears at the cost of muffled sound).  Regardless, cheap foam plugs or nicer ones, plug your ears.  It is worth it in the long run, as the inner hair cells in our ears cannot be regenerated.  Once you lose those cells/neurons, they're gone for good and you'll start to lose your hearing before you know it, especially if you go to shows frequently.

where's the best place to get ear plugs? Tryna get some before Northlane this weekend

8 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

where's the best place to get ear plugs? Tryna get some before Northlane this weekend

Most convenience stores or gas stations should carry them. A lot of venues carry them aswell. Definitely worth the investment. I have mild tinnitus from years of playing drums and going to shows without ear plugs. Definitely wish I had used them back then.

Dayyum!!

• Upvote 1

Really weird that they re did this album, I thought it sounded fine lol, and I'm super anal about music production 

• Haha 1

Just now, SilverMk6 said:

Really weird that they re did this album, I thought it sounded fine lol, and I'm super anal about music production 

Me too dude, after hearing 1 and compare it there just a slight diff but not becoming new and fresh...

i think this is just the way they extend the new album out (if there's a complete album) or getting dough for next production...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, xcblackdiamond said:

I get mine from amazon usually, as I have a the Prime Student subscription, so I get the two day shipping.  These are the ones I have and recommend.  They stay snug in my ears, they do not slide out (unlike the Eargasms that I used to have did - those ones slipped right out in the middle of the ABR/Erra/BoO/OG show and I was fucked that night in terms of hearing).  If you cannot get them in soon enough through amazon, Guitar Center should have similar ones as well for about the same price, I'd imagine those are the same in quality.  Otherwise you can find some usually at hardware stores (US stores: Home Depot, Menards, Ace Hardware etc) as they usually have an aisle dedicated for work safety and such, and ear protection is included.  Those ones might be meant more for construction and stuff, but they'll work the same in reality.

The ones I linked are comfortable, stay in, and filter out those harsh frequencies without sacrificing the quality of the music.  It pretty much just brings the overall volume down in reality, but its still loud by the way.  I will NEVER go to a show without ear plugs ever again.

• Upvote 1

Glad this was re-mastered. Thought the original mix had Tilian's vocals unnecessarily higher than they needed to be, like too fluffy if that makes sense. That was my only issue with the original, it was fixed on this thankfully. The songs still kick ass and it's still a strong album regardless. 

22 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I get mine from amazon usually, as I have a the Prime Student subscription, so I get the two day shipping.  These are the ones I have and recommend.  They stay snug in my ears, they do not slide out (unlike the Eargasms that I used to have did - those ones slipped right out in the middle of the ABR/Erra/BoO/OG show and I was fucked that night).  If you cannot get them in soon enough through amazon, Guitar Center should have similar ones as well for about the same price, I'd imagine those are the same in quality.  Otherwise you can find some usually at hardware stores (US stores: Home Depot, Menards, Ace Hardware etc) as they usually have an aisle dedicated for work safety and such, and ear protection is included.  Those ones might be meant more for construction and stuff, but they'll work the same in reality.

The ones I linked are comfortable, stay in, and filter out those harsh frequencies without sacrificing the quality of the music.  It pretty much just brings the overall volume down in reality, but its still loud by the way.  I will NEVER go to a show without ear plugs ever again.

Thank you sir!

• Upvote 1

This has been my favourite DGD album and after one listen to this remaster, idk if it's some Stockholm Syndrome or something, but I'd prefer the original mix to this anyday. I know it has its issues but I've heard it so many times now, this new mix just doesn't feel right or the same despite being a lot better. Idk how my heard works. xD

16 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Thank you sir!

My pleasure :) Have fun at that show!  I saw it last Friday, Erra was probably my favorite of all the sets, especially since they played Dementia.  Sadly I did had to leave halfway through the Northlane set as I had my wisdom teeth removed that same day and I couldn't bear to be conscious any longer lol.  Couldn't miss this show amirite?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, bunkyyunky said:

I hear it in Doom & Gloom, but Strawberry Swisher doesn't sound re-recorded to me. As for Death of the Robot, it's not just the beginning, but it's the echoed vocals throughout the song too. "Let your new mind take over (Take over)" Every time there used to be one of those, the (Take over) part is gone now too.

My god Demo Team sounds so much better can hesr Jon so much clearer . Doom & Gloom too. So glad they 2.0d this album.

This is fantastic. It's such a great album but it was always a little big irritating to listen to, this has fixed those issues to make it much more enjoyable. Bass and vocals are vastly improved now.