Lord Kingdom

Wage War - Pressure (2019)

143 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2019 at 8:36 PM, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Just because people don’t like the album doesn’t mean we don’t like it cause it isn’t heavy. We don’t like it because it’s bad. Soft albums have the capacity to be very good, this album is not that. It’s atrociously bad. Don’t start this bs lol. 

Some people like to rationalize other people's opinions to shite like this because they disagree...

Lets be honest. A big portion of Wage War fans will not enjoy this if they enjoyed their earlier work.

Other Releases by

I love Wage War, I'm the one who personally got everyone hyped up last go around with the famous quote "quit being pussies and leak Wage War." However, after about 3 listens of this, I can honestly say I only enjoyed about 4 songs off of this. 2/3's of the songs lyrics felt like something I've heard previously...many times.

It's a 6/10 from me.

Wish they still collaborated with Jeremy, would've probably made this album better.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:29 PM, Dead Throne said:

Here's what I don't understand.... Stitch and The River are their heaviest and also their most popular songs they have...yet they decide to make a radio rock album? Seriously what is this? 

It's what every band does on their 3rd album to "branch" out and reach a broader fanbase because their albums aren't selling as much as their record label wants them to.

why do i think of this whenever i see the cover to th is album.....

0be1a0f2.jpg

The Line, Forget My Name and Take The Fight are the best songs. Maybe I can say Will We Ever Learn is okay too. The rest is just incredibly bland and boring. I like when they do the weird electronic glitchy elements like on The Line. But overall this is just poorly copied homework from Architects and Erra. Heavy songs feel very forced. Forget my name is very average CTE-ish song but this style works for them more, when they are doing these "uplifting" melodic catchy riffs. The Line is definitely one my favorite WW songs and reminds me of Erra's Hyperreality a bit

16 hours ago, nuggets said:

Apparently the "War" is over and they surrendered.

You deserve at least 25 haha reacts. Spit out my coffee lmao

• Upvote 1

This is quite a bit different, I just saw them at Warped Tour and they were heavy as hell. Not disappointed, just unexpected as a whole. Still gonne give it a good listen.

Thanks for the post :)

12 hours ago, Jak said:

Wish they still collaborated with Jeremy, would've probably made this album better.

Judging by that latest ADTR single, i'm not so sure it would have done them any favours.

Personally I like 8 out of the 12 songs so I'd have given it 66/100 so I'd agree on being around  6/10

On 8/28/2019 at 6:54 PM, MrPeckerHead said:

Suck my ass daddy

Tongue punch my fart box daddy.

I haven't listened to the rest of the album but I absolutely love hurt

I think the album is pretty good. Some songs are catchy af! 

Why are these terrible generic asscore bands like Wage War and Asking Alexandria and all that other garbage so popular?  I just don't get it.

I've heard better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It took me WAY too long to finally get to this album.

fave tracks:

Prison

Ghost - sounds like an Erra song

The Line

It's honestly not as bad as everybody is saying.

Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10.

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

I did enjoyed the album a lot. Loved the diversity between songs, no complaining at all.

• Upvote 1

Alright, upon a few more listens I have this to say. I think saying this album sucks is blowing things out of proportion, but I do understand the complaints here. The instrumentals and mixing on this album sound great, its very nice to listen to with good headphones. The music is very solid at times. Who I Am, Ghost, The Line, Fury, Forget My Name, Me Against Myself and Prison are some highlights here. I love that these guys played around with some different instrumental concepts, while it's nothing revolutionary, I'm always about something different. The lyrics on this record are really what hold it back from being great. I mean it's just the same basic shit they've been doing and I think they got even more cliche here, kinda like Of Mice & Men did if you're familiar with their recent work. I was really hoping to see some progression in their sound here because Deadweight was a massive step up and has a ton of memorable moments and is easily the superior and best album they've done. This is a step into new territory and while it's not bad, it's not very great or super memorable. I find myself going back to particular songs rather than putting the whole album on repeat. I hope they step back and take another direction that's more of a progression with what they established on Deadweight. The closing tracks like Johnny Cash and My Grave is Mine to Dig set them up to push that style somewhere further and I don't see that here. Don't get me wrong though, they totally hit the nail on the head with making some bangers on this album but I don't blame people for saying it's more of the same.

• Upvote 3

Overall, I enjoyed the record. It's not anything super duper special, but it's nothing that I'll pose too many complaints about. I love some of the riffs, I love some of the choruses, and I love a few of the breakdowns. It's not a generic piece of shit, but Pressure isn't what Wage War is capable of either.
I will say tho, I still enjoy the album. I'll listen to it more, but it's nothing revolutionary that will ever fight for a spot even close to AOTY. Won't even be an honorable mention, but it's not bad.

TL;DR

It's not a bad album. It's just not as good as it could've been for Wage War.

• Upvote 1

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. I think it's actually a good album, including the pop songs.

Never been a fan of these guys and didn't understand the hype Deadweight had. Anyway, Grave is really addictive.