Lord Kingdom

Wage War - Pressure (2019)

143 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, depressedmotherfucker said:

This is so disappointing that i had to login and comment, which is something i rarely do. 

I loved Deadweight, but can't enjoy this at all. The lyrics are "trapped in my own skin" level generic, also that "Blegh" on Prison is pure cringe.

Exactly what I thought too. This album is probably the most generic thing I've heard this year. No more respect to these guys...

• Downvote 4

Other Releases by

World changing record.

I hope the people who were begging for it enjoy it, otherwise all the thirst was for nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I’ve probably never seen so many downvotes spread around in a single topic. Damn man, that’s rough lol

thanks

I remember when they were making “pressure” they said that the new music was gonna sound sound like “Johnny cash” and “gravity” they sure were right about that but it’s still a decent album  

it's so generic to call this album generic, i cant believe so many generic people claim this album is generic because they have never been not generic but now its generic hm

count amount of generic in this thread, its too much generic

p.s. generic

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Downvote 2

Soooo .. Does anyone else's download have Hurt cutting off at the end? 

Not bad, but nothing "OH SO AMAZING!!!" either. It is "good", just "good".

Forget My Name, Me against Myself and Fury are my favs.

It’s nothing exceptional but geez it’s not that awful either. Still better than TDWP xD

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

Did people expect AOTY? This band was never gonna be king of core

Overall it's a 7/10, will be thrown on shuffle. 

It's a good album for what they tried to do with it

are you rating albums high in general? 7/10 is pretty high... iT#s more of a 5.5 or 6  for me. Some good songs. Mostly mediocre. For something i only put on shuffle i found you rate it pretty high ^^'

11 hours ago, dewey duck said:

listening now, will report back

ok it’s a solid album nothing groundbreaking but it’s a lot of fun. The Line is crazy good.

ill probably coming back to this a bit frequently 

9 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

It’s nothing exceptional but geez it’s not that awful either. Still better than TDWP xD

lmao not even 

• Upvote 2

Just now, dewey duck said:

ok it’s a solid album nothing groundbreaking but it’s a lot of fun. The Line is crazy good.

ill probably coming back to this a bit frequently 

Was hoping for a bit more in depth but still happy

• Upvote 1

Just now, Weiße Rose said:

Was hoping for a bit more in depth but still happy

was rushing it bc im at work and meant to reply sooner, I’ll give it another listen at some point later today haha

Well gotta say i loved these guys first 2 albums immensely and even the singles were all good but pretty much the rest of the album just is not good. Ghost is the only one i really enjoyed and maybe Hurt. This album just in no way shapes up even close to the first 2 albums lyrically or energetically 

first 2 album are great, this one is okay

I feel really split on this album wouldn't say it's bad but then wouldn't say it's good 

• Upvote 1

The best songs on the album are the singles, The Line, and Fury. The rest of the album was just ok. Kind of a let down in my opinion. I was expecting a couple different sounding songs, but not nearly as many as there are on this album. Definitely a step back from how good Deadweight and Blueprints are.

Fuck yeah!!!

So Me Against Myself is a Beartooth sound alike? I was waiting for him to announce the clarity being the cure of his disease in the intro. 

• Haha 1

My goodness, Grave is beautiful

• Upvote 2

Listened to it twice this morning. I can’t get into it. A few okay songs but one thing I will say is the singing on every chorus just sounds so repetitive and the same. The sort of template and format they use for their songs has really grown old over three albums. I’ve enjoyed each album less and less. Probably won’t have the desire to ever listen to this again. The new In Search Of Solace album on the other hand...damn solid release!

• Upvote 1

Wage War - Pressure Review:

Who I am - 5/5
Prison - 4.5/5
Grave - 4/5
Ghost - 3.5/5 - love the guitar riffs in this one
Me Against Myself - 4.5/5
Hurt - 4.5/5
Low - 4.5/5
The Line - 4.5/5
Fury - 4/5
Forget my Name - 3.5/5
Take the Fight - 5/5
Will We Ever Learn - 3/5

My Opinion: 

As always this site gets debatey on a certain album or artists and fights break out so this is what I think and if u don't like it then keep it to yourself or if u want to be a dick and express it here cool let others know your a dick to others opinion on their taste :) 

This is what imma say. Am I a Wage War Fan? I consider yes after this record because I have not listened to their other stuff before. This was honestly my fav album front to back to listen to this year for sure. Of course, I rated songs but they were ok but not terrible like other albums including even Bad omens. Like I will listen to this album a lot more but we will see :)I say give it a listen and if u don't like it u don't like it easy and done. If you love it great if you don't then cool. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

I feel bad for Wage War that they have to play this crap live every night now. Could you imagine hearing this lame trash live every day??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I've given it a couple listens. It's just OK. Even the couple juicy bangers are decent, nothing exceptional. Then everything just sounds so stupid generic. Lots of tracks had riffs that sound pretty promising, but then the rest of the song kinda ruined it. They could've done so much more, but what we have here doesn't wow me at all. Disappointed.

It's  a good album, but nothing memorable. They better change the formula by LP4.

• Upvote 2

This is waayyy better than the previous comments make it out to be, give it a spin. 

• Upvote 2

Siiick & Intense album! Thanks @Lord Kingdom!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Wage War - Pressure Review:

Who I am - 5/5
Prison - 4.5/5
Grave - 4/5
Ghost - 3.5/5 - love the guitar riffs in this one
Me Against Myself - 4.5/5
Hurt - 4.5/5
Low - 4.5/5
The Line - 4.5/5
Fury - 4/5
Forget my Name - 3.5/5
Take the Fight - 5/5
Will We Ever Learn - 3/5

My Opinion: 

As always this site gets debatey on a certain album or artists and fights break out so this is what I think and if u don't like it then keep it to yourself or if u want to be a dick and express it here cool let others know your a dick to others opinion on their taste :) 

This is what imma say. Am I a Wage War Fan? I consider yes after this record because I have not listened to their other stuff before. This was honestly my fav album front to back to listen to this year for sure. Of course, I rated songs but they were ok but not terrible like other albums including even Bad omens. Like I will listen to this album a lot more but we will see :)I say give it a listen and if u don't like it u don't like it easy and done. If you love it great if you don't then cool. 

ah so this is the face of a wage war aotyist

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

Little update, I fucking love Grave and Fury. those 2 stand out for me!