Lord Kingdom

Wage War - Pressure (2019)

143 posts in this topic

Just now, depressedmotherfucker said:

This is so disappointing that i had to login and comment, which is something i rarely do. 

I loved Deadweight, but can't enjoy this at all. The lyrics are "trapped in my own skin" level generic, also that "Blegh" on Prison is pure cringe.

Ditto

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Other Releases by

This album is straight fire! Good for Wage War on stepping out with this album. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2
  • Downvote 2

Alright first playthrough done and honestly the albums alright for the most part, I expected an experimental album (like what the band have been literally saying the past couple of months) and I got exactly that.

It's better than Deadweight on some aspects like I prefer Johnny Cash over Will We Ever Learn in terms of closing the album but at the same time lyrically this album is probably better in some aspects than Deadweight and while it isn't on par with Blueprints it's not as bad as what a certain subreddit have been saying about the album just cause of one negative review and one radio friendly song (something that literally every band does, it's not gonna kill their career you guys just relax please).

Some things I didn't like about the album is the new version of Low (I prefer the single version they released back in January) and of course some of the other lyrics are awful (but again you can't go worse than "Mirror Mirror on the wall the man I see is at fault"). Albums at most a 6/10 and might be a 7 after more listens, it's really not bad and I do encourage people to go in expecting something different and not Blueprints 2.

But really how this album stands for me will probably change overtime cause I thought Deadweight was their best but recently I went back to Blueprints and I consider that album their best. But as of right now I think it's better than Deadweight but not as good as Blueprints.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Here's what I don't understand.... Stitch and The River are their heaviest and also their most popular songs they have...yet they decide to make a radio rock album? Seriously what is this? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Dust of Pain said:

Did people expect AOTY? This band was never gonna be king of core

Overall it's a 7/10, will be thrown on shuffle. 

It's a good album for what they tried to do with it

Well some people genuinely believed that they were a unique and creative band

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dead Throne said:

Here's what I don't understand.... Stitch and The River are their heaviest and also their most popular songs they have...yet they decide to make a radio rock album? Seriously what is this? 

Arguably their best 2 songs as well

Love it ❤️

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, Dead Throne said:

So because of two songs that were "heaviest and most popular songs they have", where most songs on last album are soft, this entire album is "radio rock?" 

This is their most interesting thing to date, and I felt the musicality all through the album. At this rate core is gonna be the new screamo and grunge because of how outdated people are. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Gandalfstorm said:

So because of two songs that were "heaviest and most popular songs they have", where most songs on last album are soft, this entire album is "radio rock?" 

This is their most interesting thing to date, and I felt the musicality all through the album. At this rate core is gonna be the new screamo and grunge because of how outdated people are. 

I didn't mean the entire album was radio rock but a majority of it is, yes. Maybe I'm biased because I grew up in the early days of this genre. Im happy if people can enjoy this record it's just not what I expected this band to turn into after hearing blueprints for the first time. That album will always be my favorite from them.

• Upvote 1

This album made my night so much, here on the east coast of the North American content, that I would like to find a way to change my 'leecher' status to something more favorable sounding. 

Contributor has a much nicer ring to it. I have no clue where to find or how to search for leaks; so I don't know how to contribute.. Or do I literally just need to post and discuss more? Any help/advice would be appreciated.. 

Very annoying lead up to this.  Seemed like every time I looked at the chat for the last 2 weeks, there was someone telling me how bad this album is, or how disappointed I'd be.  Good thing IDGAFlyingF about what anyone else thinks though.  

I LOVE this album!  Britons cleans are really impressive!  I had doubts they would be.  The only song I really hated was Grave.  But Ghost, The Line, Will We Ever Learn, Take the Fight....all fire!  Hurt is the most impressive IMO, and I love all the singles.  I really don't understand calling this album "bad".  But whatever.  

I wish there was less talk from album reviewers on here, and that we all heard leaks at the same time and judge things for ourselves.  Whether they're hyping the shit out of it, or hate it, really doesn't add anything IMO.  But thats just my opinion.  

Thanks for the leak @MusicOblivion

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, nineball4444 said:

Very annoying lead up to this.  Seemed like every time I looked at the chat for the last 2 weeks, their was someone telling me how bad this album is, or how disappointed I'd be.  Good thing IDGAFlyingF about what anyone else thinks though.  

I LOVE this album!  Britons cleans are really impressive!  I had doubts they would be.  The only song I really hated was Grave.  But Ghost, The Line, Will We Ever Learn, Take the Fight....all fire!  Hurt is the most impressive IMO, and I love all the singles.  I really don't understand calling this album "bad".  But whatever.  

I wish there was less talk from album reviewers on here, and that we all heard leaks at the same time and judge things for ourselves.  Whether they're hyping the shit out of it, or hate it, really doesn't add anything IMO.  But thats just my opinion.  

Thanks for the leak @MusicOblivion

Been through this with you before bud. We’re allowed to voice our opinions on music we hear, just as you are. 

2 minutes ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Been through this with you before bud. We’re allowed to voice our opinions on music we hear, just as you are. 

Oh I get it.  But seriously, it was almost all day everyday for like two weeks.  I didn't bother to say anything though, cause whatever.  But you telling us all how much you hated it over and over and over and over....what does that add to the site or conversation?  Nothing!  Say it once....thats cool.  Everyones entitled to their opinion of course.  But this went VERY far overboard.  

Personally I can't take your opinion seriously because I know you make Ambient Hip Hop....which is about the farthest thing from my personal taste in music.  Our opinions will rarely align based off that.  

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 6

18 minutes ago, Dead Throne said:

I didn't mean the entire album was radio rock but a majority of it is, yes. Maybe I'm biased because I grew up in the early days of this genre. Im happy if people can enjoy this record it's just not what I expected this band to turn into after hearing blueprints for the first time. That album will always be my favorite from them.

Fair enough. I like your answer. Thanks for clarifying man

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, nineball4444 said:

Oh I get it.  But seriously, it was almost all day everyday for like two weeks.  I didn't bother to say anything though, cause whatever.  But you telling us all how much you hated it over and over and over and over....what does that add to the site or conversation?  Nothing!  Say it once....thats cool.  Everyones entitled to their opinion of course.  But this went VERY far overboard.  

Personally I can't take your opinion seriously because I know you make Ambient Hip Hop....which is about the farthest thing from my personal taste in music.  Our opinions will rarely align based off that.  

I joined conversations when others were talking about it occasionally, and I can try and tone that down. 

My response to you was perfectly civil and you for absolutely no reason just attacked the kind of music that I make. Classy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This thread feels like the "damned if you do damned if you don't" mindset personified lol.  You got one side wishing they would evolve a little bit and one side saying nah fuck that this is why I like wage war lol.

Not that I'm saying either side is wrong per-say. Just funny to observe.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

I joined conversations when others were talking about it occasionally, and I can try and tone that down. 

My response to you was perfectly civil and you for absolutely no reason just attacked the kind of music that I make. Classy. 

Not attacking at all!  I said it’s not my taste!!  You do you bro. 

"Ghost" is the best song they ever made !

Thanks for the album.

Just now, nineball4444 said:

Not attacking at all!  I said it’s not my taste!!  You do you bro. 

You had no reason to bring it up. It’s quite obvious what you were trying to say homie. 

Just now, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

You had no reason to bring it up. It’s quite obvious what you were trying to say homie. 

Poor wording on my part then. I actually didn’t mean for that to be offensive. My apologies. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, nineball4444 said:

Poor wording on my part then. I actually didn’t mean for that to be offensive. My apologies. 

All good. 

Lol, this album isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Hurt is actually a really good song, but this band should just sell out. I've always thought their heavy parts are nothing special, but their clean singer is great. That breakdown on the line is fucking terrible, whose idea was it to put that stupid pop music sounding effect over the breakdown? It does not fit at all

• Upvote 1

Okay so after 3 front to back listens of this album I have to say IN MY OPINION this was pretty good, really good actually. This album has a great balance between soft and heavy songs and alot of the experimentation on this does payoff, I would have to agree with their statement this definitely has some of their heaviest and most melodic stuff to date. Also this album has that sweet sweet Drew Fulk production on it so yeah that made me nut. 

Now while I really like this album almost love it and it grows on me with each listen I do have a couple of issues with it, I really like and love almost every song on here except for "Forget My Name" this song in my opinion was a monotonous clunky mess and just didn't click with me I liked the breakdown at the end but even then the breakdown is so left field that it's almost jarring. I was going to originally add Fury to this part of the review but it's grown on me some more as well but I still do have one issue with it and that brings me to my next point, the lyrics. The lyrics on this vary to really good to a little to generic, now in my opinion that's the fine line Wage War has always walked from the start, it's always been about execution and that's where they kinda missed for me with "Forget My Name" and Fury. I dig Fury for the music and vocal performance but the lyrics eh. Alright now for the positives

This album has ALOT of positives. The album has a very smooth fluency too it even with the previous songs I mentioned nothing sounds out of place and makes the listening experience quite enjoyable. The vocal performances on this are absolute top notch Cody and Briton brought their A Game and they both keep getting better and better with each album. When this album wants to get heavy it can get really heavy songs like Ghost, Who I Am and Low  are a great showcase of that traditional Wage War sound but more refined. Along with that other heavy songs on this album such as Prison, The Line and Take The Fight take Wage War into different yet familiar territory and adds to the diversity of this album really well. Speaking of the diversity of this album the softer songs Me Against Myself, Hurt and Will We Ever Learn on this are actually really well done catchy, emotional and some of my favorites on the album. 

Overall I really really like what Wage War have done with this record, it's very well balanced and for the most part pretty well executed. While 2 songs on here are very meh for me it's still overall a really enjoyable experience I wouldn't say my AOTY per say but definitely at least in the top 10 my final score 8/10

Favs: Ghost, Hurt, The Line and Will We Ever Learn

Least Favs: Forget My Name and Fury

• Upvote 5

Wow too generic for me except 4 songs. Kinda disappointed. 

I definitely agree with people being disappointed.  Tbh this is a generic record. I also feel most of the disappointment is because it’s wage war and people expect much more. It’s an okay listen but they will definitely feel the “pressure” when fans don’t resonate as much with this. Thanks KL

I'm scared to write that this album is generic sleepfest because I would get downvoted by the Wage War kids
But here we go

oops

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It's a wage war album, idk why people expect the next coming of christ with these guys. Lets be real lol. Nothing Wage War has done has been outside the box. This album is nothing different. You can argue it's maybe not as good as their last LP but like... Don't act like that record wasn't "generic metalcore" too lol.

• Love 1