After some back and forth with Google, we've successfully resolved the "Deceptive site ahead" warning on browsers! Thanks to everyone who helped us appeal this!
serafina

Tool - Fear Inoculum (2019)

132 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Pfunk said:

@eris you sir are amazing !! Greatly appreciate it and thanks! 

 

uploaded. try it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other Releases by

This is gonna be a hell of ride. Let's go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used to really dig Tool but my musical taste has warped over the..well...13+ years. Thought this would sound past it's time or something. Have to admit, dead wrong...this shit is good. Period. Definitely going on a Tool kick for a bit. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m refraining from listening to the whole album but just HAD to hear “Invincible” because I’m sick of listening to the live YouTube footage. So, I downloaded this just to jam that track for now.

 

what a f*cking tune...mannnnn

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

definitely a Tool album. Definitely has a lot of good riffs. 
If it wasn't so self-indulgent, it probably would be as good as people say. 
But instead, for all the shunning of apathy, its a relatively apathetic lesson in being longwinded, which I already am. 
Frustratingly human. 
Like can you make a four minute banger for fuks sake? can you actually reach a crescendo, or do you just build for ten hours too long? we know the answer, and have known for years. The George R.R. Martins of music.
but I like them, quite a bit actually, just as I like GOT. But its definitely incredibly frustrating how one-dimensional humans tend to be. Its like the same style of sound for the entire hour with no progression to a satisfying finish. never really gets the vash juicing. that's my gripe. enjoy anyways. and still appreciate Tool's existence. Their influence over plucking guitar and bass lines with flanger-like effects and long quiet brooding builds will always be a thing of legend, and I hope to carry that torch onwards toward the promised land. thank you. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow ! This Should be Great, I should be sleeping but.... ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to this album yesterday and I do have some first thoughts...

 

So, the fact that this is Tool's first album in thirteen years and the fact they're a band I've loved longer than most bands, let alone have stuck with me longer than most bands, it was VERY overwhelming. Listening to Fear Inoculum from front to back, I got a lot of amazing feels from it that I would expect from Tool. While it's true that the climaxes are far and in between here, even more so than 10,000 Days, Tool know how to be sonic masters (like in the same way Meshuggah and Radiohead are, but with their own personalities), putting so many good details and rhythms into their 10+ minute songs. That is the driving force of this album and, even though this is my first time through it, I can definitely say this is a VERY good album. I'm hoping that with more listens, more of the album reveal itself and I get a better picture of it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like it if it was released like 10 years ago. Instead I just find it boring. There’s some cool parts in some songs, but for the most part they ALL could be shorter. They’re long for the sake of being long.  I don’t understand why everyone is so thrilled with it. But 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 4:11 PM, Dickface said:

Tool could legitimately just record the sounds of their explosive diarrhea smacking against the porcelain of their toilets and release it as a 10 track album, and their dickriding fans will still all claim that it's revolutionizing music. 

 

They're a good band but the cult following they have just go so overboard. I swear half of them just pretend to like Tool just so other people will say they have great taste in music.  

 

That could be said for just about any band/artist. Not everyone has to have the same tastes. :like:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 12:59 PM, Anton Chigurh said:

Agreed.  Also, Fair to Midland is fucking fantastic, I'd never thought I'd see any mention of them on this site at all, ever.

 

 Loved that band soooo much. It's a damn shame they never released another album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, akamu24 said:
On 8/25/2019 at 4:11 PM, Dickface said:

Tool could legitimately just record the sounds of their explosive diarrhea smacking against the porcelain of their toilets and release it as a 10 track album, and their dickriding fans will still all claim that it's revolutionizing music. 

 

They're a good band but the cult following they have just go so overboard. I swear half of them just pretend to like Tool just so other people will say they have great taste in music.  

 

That could be said for just about any band/artist. Not everyone has to have the same tastes. :like:


that is an arbitrary statement with no real substance. his point was suggesting that people who lack taste all have the same taste because they base their opinions more off an image than a substance. What you said is an image of an ethic, but with no moral applicability other than to give yourself an excuse to not distinguish between tastes, which is of course, bullshit. 
most ppl dont like anything enough to understand what it is. so instead they gravitate around what other ppl like and put it on like a fashion. This album is capable of moving you, but to a really high level, please... Bet Maynard would tell you himself how absurd tool fans are. He was probably more concerned about his farms than this album. Dude didn't push his vocal range a single time in the hour-long album. 

Also yes, Fair to Midland, incredible band. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry APC - Eat The Elephant is better.

  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh my world im totally speechless 

the first time i heard the first tool song for the album was alright kinda dissapointed tbh

consider it was 13years wait but as the album progress from pneuma to 7tempest

holy trip man feels like my first lsd experience again back when i was a teen and dig down into their albums while i was tripping aswel for pink floyd etc

 

tool has mature their sound and still have their core of energy and emotiojs

my favorite song so far is 7empest... spechless

its been a while since i heard a solo that great since todays digital era sounds are blended and lacks empathy and emotion from their writters

and honestly shed some tears of joy while listening to this

and eventhough the digital tracks complete 10 songs

it was kinda nice they use 7 as  a refference for their old work

 

so for sure 13years paid off cant wait for the 3hidden digital tracks 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here because of Justin Whang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LionHeart24 said:


that is an arbitrary statement with no real substance. his point was suggesting that people who lack taste all have the same taste because they base their opinions more off an image than a substance. What you said is an image of an ethic, but with no moral applicability other than to give yourself an excuse to not distinguish between tastes, which is of course, bullshit. 
most ppl dont like anything enough to understand what it is. so instead they gravitate around what other ppl like and put it on like a fashion. This album is capable of moving you, but to a really high level, please... Bet Maynard would tell you himself how absurd tool fans are. He was probably more concerned about his farms than this album. Dude didn't push his vocal range a single time in the hour-long album. 

Also yes, Fair to Midland, incredible band. 

 

His comment had multiple parts, but go off. My statement still stands-- there are stans for every band or artist on this site. Every comment section declares something AOTY after one listen; don't even let it sink in or mull it over. People even say that before an album comes out. Everything is either the best or the worst. Acting like Tool fans are any different than that is just funny. Maybe they're more vocal about a band they love, so what? Who cares if you think they're fake or they actually like the music? Don't see why that bothers others so much. As far as people putting it on like fashion-- that's basically what every musician dreams of; to sell you music for money. To become a brand. There's a black shirt with the Tool logo that every outsider in my high school sported. I'm guessing it's still a thing/popular, sort of like that Joy Division shirt with the squiggly lines. I guess I just see both sides of it, and at the end of the day, who gives a shit whether someone really likes the band they claim to like? It really shouldn't mess with your enjoyment of something, that's just kinda sad, especially feeling the need to hop on a thread of their new album and downplay other people's reactions as phony. 

 

I wouldn't even call myself a fan of Tool. Admittedly, I only know their more popular songs. I mostly came here to read the comments and see if the fans thought it was worth the wait/worth listening to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

una de las rolas que mas me gusto fue 7empest

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

 

lol when you know the story behind 13years of desperation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

320 and FLAC added!

 

Digital Version added

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Summers said:

320 and FLAC added!

 

Digital Version added

 

Ayyyy, now i can listen to it. Big thanks dude

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After hearing the digital only interlude tracks, imo they add absolutely zero value to the album as a whole and I prefer listening without their inclusion.

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sstone said:

After hearing the digital only interlude tracks, imo they add absolutely zero value to the album as a whole and I prefer listening without their inclusion.

Same thoughts here. I thought, they connect somehow these songs, but they just do nothing xD 

 

I have my problems with this album. I never was a Tool fan, but the hype was so big, that i had to listen to this. Its very solid, no one can say anything

wrong about this. And i kinda WANT to like it, but its strange. I can't explain it. There are some parts, that i really really like, but every song is just an

endless build up. The vocals are very smooth and its a shame, that they dont show up so much on this record. Instrumentals are fine, but i've heard 

better things this year(Richard Henshall - The Cocoon, for example). I dont know, maybe it grows into "its good" some time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 2:43 AM, akamu24 said:

 

His comment had multiple parts, but go off. My statement still stands-- there are stans for every band or artist on this site. Every comment section declares something AOTY after one listen; don't even let it sink in or mull it over. People even say that before an album comes out. Everything is either the best or the worst. Acting like Tool fans are any different than that is just funny. Maybe they're more vocal about a band they love, so what? Who cares if you think they're fake or they actually like the music? Don't see why that bothers others so much. As far as people putting it on like fashion-- that's basically what every musician dreams of; to sell you music for money. To become a brand. There's a black shirt with the Tool logo that every outsider in my high school sported. I'm guessing it's still a thing/popular, sort of like that Joy Division shirt with the squiggly lines. I guess I just see both sides of it, and at the end of the day, who gives a shit whether someone really likes the band they claim to like? It really shouldn't mess with your enjoyment of something, that's just kinda sad, especially feeling the need to hop on a thread of their new album and downplay other people's reactions as phony. 

 

I wouldn't even call myself a fan of Tool. Admittedly, I only know their more popular songs. I mostly came here to read the comments and see if the fans thought it was worth the wait/worth listening to.

I'd honestly be down for you to hear this like I'm your friend talking to you: Most musicians dream of selling u music for money. The best ones don't. They dream of giving you something like an everlasting revelation. Many of the best artists also want to make money, because, why wouldn't they? Then they can commit the full vitality of their lives to what they want, rather than be compelled to act to make money. But the best artists' primary goal is not to sell u something, but rather to give you something. 99% people and likewise 99% people don't really touch this. Thats why theres not an incredible artist everywhere, unless you're a banal fan, in which case you view average as really good. I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being sensible. There is a small percentage of the best stuff. There is a large percentage of average, generic shit. 
And there is reason to care about whether other people's opinions are phony or not. It can be exhausting if you're out of practice with doing that, sure, which is why most people choose not to consider things that much. But being genuine is the way the soul can be self-sustaining. The less genuine and more phony you are, the more you intake artificial shit without questioning what you're putting into your mind/soul/body, the more crap you're getting weighed down by, and the more there is a wall between your will and your life, the more defeat can creep in on you, and the less you are able to confront the most vital aspects of life. So its actually imperative, and not sad at all, that it is necessary to ridicule self-indulgence in public, and provide an oppositional view towards all that basic social shit which goes around like a subliminal plague. And it goes around in music.
You can create labels like "elitist" or make arbitrary generalizations like "everyone has their own taste and opinion" but in the end, those are just excuses to not be more active in your assessment of life, which really do nothing but remove the essential distinctions from it. Don't be just another one of those "there is no truth/ its all relative / everyone has different tastes and opinions " You may not like sports, but allow me to make a sports metaphor to suggest that Life is real and contains objective truth. A lot of us "try" to kick the ball. Only some of us actually do it. We do so this way: we know there is a way to do kick it. It is objective and real. And we learn how to do it, by doing it until the way is learned. Most people give up on kicking the ball, because they were never humble enough to realize there was actually a way to do it. They say they were "trying", but they were never truly matching themselves to the truth. Just like you can be good at kicking a ball or bad, there are good opinions, born from real foundational and natural truths, and there are bullshit opinions, which are derivative extensions of other peoples bullshit opinions who make up the excuse for why they cant kick the ball and say its better to play with an imaginary ball. Theres a ball in everything, and always a way / ways to kick it right, and a way //ways to kick it wrong. Its like escaping the crocodile, or getting eaten by it. There is natural truth. People just hide from it, so they can pretend their opinion is equally as good as anyone's. Untrue. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES!! Im Sorry Neighbours ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How I see it is that the interludes only ruin the flow. I was expecting more of Chocolate Chip Trip and all I got is some ambiance. Legion Inoculant was pretty ok though. They add zero value and won't affect my rating and I'm really glad they left them out on CDs. However I can see them having some kind of meaning to the album, like, expanding the theme or something (?) Either way whoever waited this long enough to listen to the "full product" I am really sorry but you didn't really miss anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw, so their days of making interludes from stepping on a cat and then slowing it down ("Mantra") are over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sstone said:

After hearing the digital only interlude tracks, imo they add absolutely zero value to the album as a whole and I prefer listening without their inclusion.

 

It's honestly a joke that a band who already adds 5+ minutes of unnecessary, boring filler in every song feels the need to have interludes too. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Copyright © 2013-2019 Kingdom Leaks.