NieR:Automata™

The Devil Wears Prada - Lines of Your Hands [Single] (2019)

85 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Scotty_Trees said:

Sounds like The Devil Wears Prada is dying. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of them since the first album and for many many years, but after that album with that song where they sang all the cities around the world, omfg they ruined the word TOKYO for me. Personally loathed that song more than any other. This new song is okay, but it just sounds like Mike can't scream anymore so he's changing it all up which is fine I got nothing against change, but it sounds like TDWP is on their deathbed. I don't mean that in a career sense, but more in me as a listener. I'll check this album out, but I'm gonna have to go in with no expectations, so I'm gonna avoid any new singles cuz who knows I could be totally dead ass wrong and this be one of their most memorable albums. Only time will tell!

Relatable

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

Overhyped trash. As expected.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 8

2 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

"iTs nOt mEtAL eNoUGh"

18 hours ago, dewey duck said:

shit like that baffles me bc there are so many underrated bands out there that don’t get enough love //:

I agree with you, but I'd also say it's okay to like generic music as well, all of us probably like some generic things 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Tedwards_ said:

"iTs nOt mEtAL eNoUGh"

They were never metal enough in the first place

• Downvote 8

1 hour ago, FallenZA said:

aS i LaY dYiNg iS gOiNg tO dRoP tHe bEsT aLbUm oF tHe yEaR.   

As if that isn't overhyped trash. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

They were never metal enough in the first place

D684D4E1-26A3-48F4-A633-B048B968A4F8.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

aS i LaY dYiNg iS gOiNg tO dRoP tHe bEsT aLbUm oF tHe yEaR.   

As if that isn't overhyped trash. 

That’s your opinion to have just like I have an opinion on TDWP. Be an adult and respect it and move on. Grow up kiddo :)

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, dewey duck said:

D684D4E1-26A3-48F4-A633-B048B968A4F8.png

You heard me homie :D

I won't lie, I haven't listened to much beyond Dead Throne, just prefacing my opinion with this fact.

Its not what I am used to hearing from them, but they have been making music for so long. They are bound to change style, Mike can't keep up those screams forever. Realizing that, I learned to enjoy the new style they have. I will keep this on my radar :)

• Upvote 1

That’s your opinion to have just like I have an opinion on TDWP. Be an adult and respect it and move on. Grow up kiddo :)

I'm very aware of what an opinion is. But to call something trash because you don't like it is just as immature as my joke.  Say that you don't like and care for it and that is a viable opinion, not shitting on something.

• Upvote 1

oh FUCK YEA! Hell of a first single, gets me amped for the album :DD

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I'm very aware of what an opinion is. But to call something trash because you don't like it is just as immature as my joke.  Say that you don't like and care for it and that is a viable opinion, not shitting on something.

Saying something is trash is still an opinion. One man’s garbage is another man’s gold.

I was hyped to see this, and I think the band still makes some really cool instrumentals, but to be honest, Mike just isn’t the same. If I didn’t love this band from when I was younger I would probably bash a vocalist for sounding like Mike does now. Hate to see it. 

6 hours ago, FallenZA said:

I mean TDWP haven't been overhyped for years probably since Dead Throne but sure and I guess you just have a bad "opinion" well thats according to the amount of downvotes you have been getting lmao

• Upvote 2

They haven't released anything good since Plagues...but this single is amazing.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Summers said:

I mean TDWP haven't been overhyped for years probably since Dead Throne but sure and I guess you just have a bad "opinion" well thats according to the amount of downvotes you have been getting lmao

Unlike some people my life isn’t so worthless and meaningless that I have to care if someone likes or dislikes my opinion on the internet LMFAO. I really couldn’t give a damn if I got 10 million downvotes or not :D

On 8/22/2019 at 5:44 AM, Frak The Gods said:

I have personally only ever liked Space EP from these dudes. After hearing this. That's still the case. 

Maybe it's because theyre OGs in the core scene, but I've always enjoyed them. But the Space EP is solid af so if that was one of your first real adventures into their work, it's really understandable tbh. I fuckin looooove that EP.

On 8/22/2019 at 6:13 PM, BrickFace said:

Love everything about this.

Did you mistakenly downvote me? haha. I said i thought this song was great and that those complaining are just looking silly. If you love this, then i feel like the downvote was mistaken?

THE GUEST VOCALIST IS NOT LIGHTS, ITS FUCKING SIERRA KUSTERBECK FROM VERSAEMERGE :D

I love TDWP but I feel like this track is just boring. I was expecting so much more and what was delivered was just ....tame :/

I already pre-ordered the album and I'll give every single song on it a shot still.

13 hours ago, whenallelsefa1ls said:

Did you mistakenly downvote me? haha. I said i thought this song was great and that those complaining are just looking silly. If you love this, then i feel like the downvote was mistaken?

Calling Transit Blues underwhelming is worth a downvote in my book

• Upvote 2

On 8/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, BrickFace said:

Calling Transit Blues underwhelming is worth a downvote in my book

The difference is I didn't call it bad. It was a great album. It just didn't live up to 8:18 or Dead Throne in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, whenallelsefa1ls said:

8:18 or Dead Throne

ah, a man of culture after all.

• Love 1