NieR:Automata™

The Devil Wears Prada - Lines of Your Hands [Single] (2019)

85 posts in this topic

this is phenomenal 

Anyone not liking this bc it’s a drastic sound change from their old shit is a nerd

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Other Releases by

3 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

You already know this, but people here absolutely eat up the generic and objectively bad -core here (ala AA, WW, TAIM, etc...) and when a -core band actually writes a unique and interesting song because y'know, they actually mature and give a shit about the music, it is nothing but shit to those people lolol.

And before someone says it, yes, music can very much be objective as well as being subjective.

shit like that baffles me bc there are so many underrated bands out there that don’t get enough love //:

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, DreamAgain said:

lol.  yes their best most critically acclaimed album was bad. nailed it!

Let me guess, emmure is good? 

Edit*  bahahahahahahahha.   Nothing in the universe can make your apparent favorite band look good kiddo..

•  Favorite Artist:Asking Alexandria

Its pathetic that you even had to reply to me Mr. Butthurt.

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Summers said:

TDWP pushing core boundaries once again but people seem not to give a fuck 

Nail on the head

• Upvote 2

Sounds like The Devil Wears Prada is dying. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of them since the first album and for many many years, but after that album with that song where they sang all the cities around the world, omfg they ruined the word TOKYO for me. Personally loathed that song more than any other. This new song is okay, but it just sounds like Mike can't scream anymore so he's changing it all up which is fine I got nothing against change, but it sounds like TDWP is on their deathbed. I don't mean that in a career sense, but more in me as a listener. I'll check this album out, but I'm gonna have to go in with no expectations, so I'm gonna avoid any new singles cuz who knows I could be totally dead ass wrong and this be one of their most memorable albums. Only time will tell!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I love It. Cant wait for album. May be my AOTY.

3 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

You already know this, but people here absolutely eat up the generic and objectively bad -core here (ala AA, WW, TAIM, etc...) and when a -core band actually writes a unique and interesting song because y'know, they actually mature and give a shit about the music, it is nothing but shit to those people lolol.

And before someone says it, yes, music can very much be objective as well as being subjective.

I don't see how TAIM is objectively bad, they have consistently good musicianship and songwriting for a deathcore band. They're not the best in the world but in deathcore, they're at the top. Otherwise yeah, I agree about the other two you listed.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, InsidAero said:

I don't see how TAIM is objectively bad, they have consistently good musicianship and songwriting for a deathcore band. They're not the best in the world but in deathcore, they're at the top. Otherwise yeah, I agree about the other two you listed.

I might've over exaggerated them.  Their most recent album was incredibly boring (to me) and might as well have been the same song over and over.  Plus the riff to Make America Hate Again is the exact same riff pretty much to Puppet Master.  It was just more of the same stuff, only slightly less interesting. I just put TAIM for the lack of recent genericore obsessions on the site coming to mind. 

Digging the Silent Planet, La Dispute route. Mike sounds angrier than just tearing his voice to shreds. I know they kinda transitioned to that style in Transit but I was still stuck in my genericore bubble. This is good and makes me want to revisit it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anton Chigurh said:

I might've over exaggerated them.  Their most recent album was incredibly boring (to me) and might as well have been the same song over and over.  Plus the riff to Make America Hate Again is the exact same riff pretty much to Puppet Master.  It was just more of the same stuff, only slightly less interesting. I just put TAIM for the lack of recent genericore obsessions on the site coming to mind. 

Yeah while I liked their newest album, I will concede that it is very samey. I did really enjoy Dear Desolation two years ago though, so it makes sense that I'd like the new album. Only song I didn't really like was Death Squad Anthem.

• Upvote 1

This sounds so raw and I love it. Mike is trying something new and we gotta respect that this point of his career. Love the chorus riff Kyle brings and he's quickly filling the hole Chris left behind. Love them both. Jeremy sounds the most live he's ever heard and I'm glad it wasn't over-produced like Supernova when it released as a single compared to it being heard live. This record is the right direction for this band.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Summers said:

TDWP pushing core boundaries once again but people seem not to give a fuck 

Couldn’t have said this better, damn. This is simply fucking phenomenal, I love how far they’re pushing themselves.

• Upvote 3

This is fucking great, and i've been a fan since A Beautiful Discord. This is an incredible new take on their sound, and is a peg up from Transit Blues (which was underwhelming for me). Anyone who doesn't like this, that's fine, but just know that opinions aren't facts. Everyone has one, all opinions are garbage, we all die eventually.

Enjoy the music, or dont, but bitching about it only makes you look silly.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I personally hugely disagree with you regarding them being on their deathbed. To the Key of Evergreen is easily the best TDWP song and a top core song as well, and yeah, it's a relatively new song of theirs. Their music is becoming more layered and sonically interesting as opposed to the boring and bland chugging they have on their first records (its the nostalgia factor keeping people attached to those albums).  This new stuff is actually good, very strong, and unique to me.  Mikes vocals have always sounded like they sound like he is struggling, but he isn't, he's been doing this for the longest time and is still going strong; it is just his vocal style. The music has become more complex in the song structure, atmosphere, and such and that is what is throwing those 'real fans' who want nothing but the one-dimensional, shitty production, and overall just painfully average chug fests. 

No worries man disagree all you need no hard feelings, but as I stated before in my post above about them being on their deathbed, I did not mean career wise, but possibly for me as a listener because my ears are not a huge fan thus far. The ears like what they like. 

• Upvote 2

personally i feel like this is a top-tier song of their's. it's just so different from the rest of their songs, that it just makes it so unique and perfect. do i think it'll be a top song on the album? no, but it's a great song to start out with. i honestly just wanna hear Switchblade already though. i was at the show where they first played it live and it sounded amazing then, i'm excited to hear how the studio version sounds

Love everything about this.

11 minutes ago, Scotty_Trees said:

No worries man disagree all you need no hard feelings, but as I stated before in my post above about them being on their deathbed, I did not mean career wise, but possibly for me as a listener because my ears are not a huge fan thus far. The ears like what they like. 

Ahhh I wasn't reading close enough, my b for being the big dumB.  And woah, I like how you were civil about me disagreeing with you (most people on this site aren't like that).  I respect you more now ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Ahhh I wasn't reading close enough, my b for being the big dumB.  And woah, I like how you were civil about me disagreeing with you (most people on this site aren't like that).  I respect you more now ;)

Some days I'm full of love, and some days I'm lacking love, but I guess you caught me on a good day! You're comment was very civil as well so I didn't feel the need to jump at your throat. Thanks for the respect, it goes both ways! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

How are so many people shitting on Transit Blues?

Go listen to Praise Poison, Lock & Load and To the Key of Evergreen again and tell me that album was "meh"

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, sharkcore said:

I love It. Cant wait for album. May be my AOTY.

This is most definitely going to be my AOTY. Loved this band from the get go. I will never hate on them. Yeah some of their songs might not be "The grandest thing alive", but they're original, and they follow the direction in their hearts. They know where they're going, and nobody can stop that. Haters gonna hate. Fuck em.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, ButlerTooth said:

How are so many people shitting on Transit Blues?

Go listen to Praise Poison, Lock & Load and To the Key of Evergreen again and tell me that album was "meh"

I just did my first kiss of Transit Blues today, was a solid 9/10

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

Theb what is it, pray tell

Inb4 "iTs BuTt rOcK"

• Upvote 1

Donno why this get so much hate, i really like this direction kinda sounds like BMTH -Sempiternal and i've been a fan of them since Plagues ( Still jaming "Still fly" times to times haha).

Hyped for the album and solid song.

Thanks for sharing.

love everything about this song just preordered and this is the first time ive done that since dead throne.

Total slapper. Still happy I got their emblem tatted on me back in 2011.
Love how the more raw and ambient side is coming out in this.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

And here comes the person who likes shittin on people who have a different opinion/taste.

Lol when you got at least 20 downvotes on one post I think that’s a sign that maybe your opinion is wrong, sorry bro.

• Confused 1

This band crashed and burned after WRAABB. 😣

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Maxi Milian said:

This band crashed and burned after WRAABB. 😣

You dare talk bad about Dead Throne?