NieR:Automata™

The Devil Wears Prada - Lines of Your Hands [Single] (2019)

85 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Song is solid for the first half and really fucking great during the second half. They're so good when post-rock and ambient influenced. Who's the female singer?

• Upvote 6

Finally

I didnt think you could make Transit Blues look good but this song does it. Im sad to say it but im afraid this is another band im giving up on.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 26

Damn this is good.  Kind of gives me Dead Throne vibes, and I really love that distorted "oooOOOooo" in the background.

It's a solid mix of Transit Blues with a bit of DT atmosphere and some new synthy elements which I hope will be overwhelming on some songs and well executed. Song sounds massive, can't wait for the album

• Upvote 5

I've been trying to get into TDWP for a while. I've only really liked the Zombie EP. This song feels like a good reentry point for someone who likes modern Metalcore and likes the sad boy sound. 

Just now, DisturbedOne said:

I didnt think you could make Transit Blues look good but this song does it. Im sad to say it but im afraid this is another band im giving up on.

Here comes the man who enjoys music for people with no evidence of traffic in their cerebral cortex. 

5 minutes ago, desk said:

Song is solid for the first half and really fucking great during the second half. They're so good when post-rock and ambient influenced. Who's the female singer?

Lights

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

Transit Blues was great & I'm excited about this direction.

Thanks

• Upvote 3

oh FUCK YEAH. I am so fucking hyped. A lot of the vocals sound so raw and punchy, glad they went with a more natural sound for the vocals. Lights feature is so so so so cool too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, スカムです said:

Here comes the man who enjoys music for people with no evidence of traffic in their cerebral cortex. 

Lights

And here comes the person who likes shittin on people who have a different opinion/taste.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have personally only ever liked Space EP from these dudes. After hearing this. That's still the case. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Downvote 6

if you dont like this you have a little peen

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Okay, this is kind of a mess of a song. These guys were my favorite band in middle school. 

Every single new release just sounds like Mike yelling and trying his best to perform harsh vocals; but he just can't quite do it anymore like on "Plagues" or "With Roots Above And Branches Below". It's just kind of sad to me. I miss what they were geniunely. I know they will probably never return to their original metalcore sound but thats why i liked them. And the sound now just doesn't compare with the sound they had then.

But i will say. What artwork for TDWP. Is that Dan Seagrave? Jeeez. I love that lol. Anyway, the Lights feature also felt really out of place too. Sadly the whole song feels like a near-incoherent mess. 

If i were to give it a score it would be probably a 3/10 just for having a sound that i don't hear in other bands. Mike may not be that good anymore but he still gives this band a different sound compared to others.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

I'm really digging this single looking forward to the album and I'm loving the lights feature I love her voice

• Upvote 1

Pretty sick single. Transit blues was melodic af. That artwork is killer too. Stoked for 'The Act'

Just saw em live up here in alaska. The vocalist doesn't scream well live anymore.  Zombie ep is my jam. 

it's not even metalcore 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ErkvtCvlt said:

it's not even metalcore 🤷‍♀️

Theb what is it, pray tell

1 hour ago, desk said:

I'm willing to bet 1 upvote it's Julien Baker

metalcore brainlets btfo by god tier tdwp yet again

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Haven't liked anything from these guys in years... The trend continues :/

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

I like it sonically, and there's multiple cool parts in the song. Enough for me to stay hyped for the album, though I've never loved an entire TDWP project, just some songs. I definitely think the later half of the song is the better half too.

Stupid excited for this album. Didn’t think we would get anything before November but I as (happily) proven wrong. This will be an early birthday present for me. :]

40 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

I definitely think the later half of the song is the better half too.

I do agree with this. The first half is for sure harder to like, but that second half punches it really well.

Damn I love this, artwork doesn’t really match the song though 

3 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

lol.  yes their best most critically acclaimed album was bad. nailed it!

Let me guess, emmure is good? 

Edit*  bahahahahahahahha.   Nothing in the universe can make your apparent favorite band look good kiddo..

•  Favorite Artist:Asking Alexandria
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

TDWP pushing core boundaries once again but people seem not to give a fuck 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1