Rorschach

BROCKHAMPTON - GINGER (2019)

27 posts in this topic

FUCK YEA THANK U BAYBEEE

• Upvote 1

I actually really like this. I'm surprised I've never listened to them before. XD

• Upvote 1

YES YES YES

Anyone else think Merlin has gone up to a level? Loved him before but he's killing it on thisssssss

• Upvote 2

I know I'm gonna love this, really excited to listen. Also this should be trending.

• Upvote 1

I hope this is their comeback. 

• Upvote 1

YEET

• Upvote 2

This is closer to iridescence than the Sat trilogy, but still very different than the former. The production has a different overall flavor than in the past, and the song writing is still crazy, but more focused I'd say. First 3 tracks are absolute fire, with No Halo close to BLEACH level of epic. If You Pray Right is also a favorite (minus the outro), as well as Big Boy. Dearly Departed, though not a favorite, is an interesting one. I love tracks where you can tell that a lot of emotion and passion were put into them, and Dearly Departed fits that criteria without a doubt. That is also the cause for the title track and Love me For Life. Lastly, shout out to Joba for killing every second of his input on this record. This feels like a strong 7 to me, with potential to jump into the 8 range. About the same as iridescence quality-wise, but different enough to be super fresh.

Edit: Least favorites: Ginger and Victor Roberts

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

This is closer to iridescence than the Sat trilogy,

Thanks, I almost went into this with high expectations 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Thanks, I almost went into this with high expectations 

good to know you only read the first part of that first sentence

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Cornchip said:

good to know you only read the first part of that first sentence

Uhh what

If its closer to a bad album than to a great album obviously my expectations arent high? 

1 minute ago, BrickFace said:

Uhh what

If its closer to a bad album than to a great album obviously my expectations arent high? 

i was obviously referring to the fact that there was two parts to the sentence you quoted, and you only highlighted the negative part

"This is closer to iridescence than the Sat trilogy, but still very different than the former."

it's nothing like iridescence or saturation, it's got its own sound and you'll have to judge it on its own merits.

not to mention iridescence being a bad album is subjective. tbh it's my fav from them

2 minutes ago, Cornchip said:

i was obviously referring to the fact that there was two parts to the sentence you quoted, and you only highlighted the negative part

"This is closer to iridescence than the Sat trilogy, but still very different than the former."

it's nothing like iridescence or saturation, it's got its own sound and you'll have to judge it on its own merits.

not to mention iridescence being a bad album is subjective. tbh it's my fav from them

If a Metalcore band releases an album and someone says "its closer to I Am Human than to When The End Began, but still very different than the former" I still wont listen to it expecting a good album

Thanks a bunch! 
The boys' have been working hard as usual. I haven't really LOVED any of the singles, don't know why. 
A bit like their videos/singles for Ginger, I've felt the production has a "fuzziness" of some sort. Hard to explain.
Something I'm sure will grow on me

And I actually like Iridescence. They played around and tried something different.

Cool, I'm rambling - thanks again! mwah

Safe to say I don't think they'll ever hit that Sat trilogy magic ever again and that's perfectly fine. Aside from hoping it would be another Sat like album, it's a pretty fun album for brock but I do feel like the album starts strong and stagnates abit  towards the middle. I'll keep spinning it, hopefully it grows on me. 

• Upvote 4

I think ¨Dearly Departed¨ It's my fav BH song and one of the best tracks of the year by far.

• Love 1

this is love, just love.

Fuck Heaven Belongs To You tho. If I wanted to listen to fucking Slowthai I'd go listen to Slowthai, but I don't want to listen to Slowthai. Fucking lazy excuse for a song too, same beat as Boy Bye but it doesn't even flow into it. Fucking boring.

Everything they do IMO will always be held to 1999 Wildfire, and nothing on this gives me the sense of amazement and blows my mind the way that joint did once Bearface's verse hit up to the end. No Halo, Ginger, Big Boy, and Sugar spank, but the rest is kind of middling. I'm sure it will grow, I'm starting to realize right now that Iridescence might have actually been their best record, that shit aged like wine, if wine only needed like 11 months to age into something top shelf.

9 hours ago, Kapital said:

Safe to say I don't think they'll ever hit that Sat trilogy magic ever again and that's perfectly fine. Aside from hoping it would be another Sat like album, it's a pretty fun album for brock but I do feel like the album starts strong and stagnates abit  towards the middle. I'll keep spinning it, hopefully it grows on me. 

I'd honestly reckon Puppy was gonna. The 1997-99 songs blew everything on Saturation besides QUEER out of the water. If they finished that joint it would have fucked.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Didn't like the last album, but the single on this has a good vibe.

18 minutes ago, CityOfTheWeak said:

This is horrible and extremely cringy

alright we get it 

FLAC added!

On 8/23/2019 at 8:36 AM, TomoLust said:

I'd honestly reckon Puppy was gonna. The 1997-99 songs blew everything on Saturation besides QUEER out of the water. If they finished that joint it would have fucked.

Yeah, they 100% fucked up. Puppy wouldve been their masterpiece

• Upvote 1

Well, its better than their last album (which isnt saying a lot). But its far better actually. Very pleasant, chill listen. This some summer evening sunset music

Also, it includes 2 of their, imo, best songs to date: No Halo & Dearly Departed

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1