Sign in to follow this  
Cosmic Reaper

Beartooth - Clever (The Blackbird Session) [Single] (2019)

13 posts in this topic

8e89d6e5e5af2e4175f882a5db9fc89b.jpg

Release - August 1, 2019
Genre - Acoustic
Quality - MP3, 192 kbps CBR

**  The Blackbird Session EP arrives on September 13 on Red Bull Records **

Tracklist:

01. Clever (The Blackbird Session) (05:08)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 1

tumblr_oogflfTa4Y1sntf5mo1_500.gif

Other Releases by

CountryTooth

A normal "non folk" acoustic would have been cooler imo

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Yeah, that wasn't very good.  Not because it is folk/country, folk and country can be really damn good when done right, simply because it just isn't good; it is boring, very unidirectional and doesn't really lead to anything exciting (as is a good amount of Beartooth's recent material sadly).  There was nothing exciting about this track at all except when it finally ended.  Caleb's voice is nice but that was all that was going for the song.  A good voice doesn't save a subpar song.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Yeah, that wasn't very good.  Not because it is folk/country, folk and country can be really damn good when done right, simply because it just isn't good; it is boring, very unidirectional and doesn't really lead to anything exciting (as is a good amount of Beartooth's recent material sadly).  There was nothing exciting about this track at all except when it finally ended.  Caleb's voice is nice but that was all that was going for the song.  A good voice doesn't save a subpar song.

Gotta say...I’m pretty sure I hated it strictly because it sounded country. ??‍♂️  Get rid of that twangy shit and it might have been ok IMO. 

• Downvote 2

TearBooth

• Upvote 1

Waiting for the sound upgrade 

• Upvote 1

Okay so this was my favorite song on disease and I was really hyped for a acoustic rendition of it but this imo kills the emotion that it had on Disease. The original had me breaking down and balling my fucking eyes out and then listening to it 1,000 times and never got sick if it and I'm still not I could honestly even make a whole video essay about how this bombs in comparison to the original but it's Toof so I'll still listen to the rest of the EP but this rendition of clever hurts my soul.

• Upvote 2

giphy (2).gif

the fuck is this danny warsnop core?

• Haha 2

Strange choice of style for an acoustic song. The actual song isn't even good so I don't know what the point of this is really, but it's bad. 

On 8/21/2019 at 11:02 PM, Prototype539 said:

Okay so this was my favorite song on disease and I was really hyped for a acoustic rendition of it but this imo kills the emotion that it had on Disease. The original had me breaking down and balling my fucking eyes out and then listening to it 1,000 times and never got sick if it and I'm still not I could honestly even make a whole video essay about how this bombs in comparison to the original but it's Toof so I'll still listen to the rest of the EP but this rendition of clever hurts my soul.

Honestly same.

Clever was my favorite from the first spin of the record, breaking down too haha

After everything said about this rendition, I just won't even subject myself to it.
I don't want to ruin one of my favorite songs of 2018.