Sign in to follow this  
Summers

Sleep Token - Higher (Single) (2019)

17 posts in this topic

Holy fuck these guys are blowing my mind. This is so nice and definitely a more interesting structure than majority of their songs.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Seeing Sleep Token is 100% the only reason why I wanna go to that Issues tour; I personally don't care for Issues anymore.  It'd be cool to see Polyphia, but Sleep Token is my main priority but sadly they'll only have enough time to play 4-5 songs if that.

Worship!

• Love 1

this is fucking incredible, as per usual 

all five songs have sounded so distinct so far, but I didn’t expect something like THIS 

genuinely the heaviest track they’ve made yet and yet one of the most structurally intricate 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

these guys keep doing it, holy shit. cool to hear some uncleans too. really liking how they make each song different, despite having similar structures.

now let me pre-order the whole damn album already

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Plushie said:

these guys keep doing it, holy shit. cool to hear some uncleans too. really liking how they make each song different, despite having similar structures.

now let me pre-order the whole damn album already

they’re doing a box set once the record is out

• Love 1

Holy shit this is good. Vocals at the start are incredible, and the song just builds up and up until the end. Seriously good track. 

• Love 1

deftones vibes at the end tho!

Incredible song. Just like most of their recent stuff (looking at you Levitate). I hope Jaws is on the album, I dont see why not, it would fit great

35 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Incredible song. Just like most of their recent stuff (looking at you Levitate). I hope Jaws is on the album, I dont see why not, it would fit great

Jaws was released under their previous label so I don’t think they can use it

Just now, Maximo said:

Jaws was released under their previous label so I don’t think they can use it

Aw man. That sucks. 

• Sad 1

"At the end"
A B S O L U T E  F I L T H

11 hours ago, BrickFace said:

Aw man. That sucks. 

You can add it manually bro :)

19 hours ago, BrickFace said:

Aw man. That sucks. 

Correcting myself here: they were actually self-released, so those two singles they released last year COULD theoretically appear on the record, but I have a pretty strong feeling they won't be 

Jaws doesn't really carry any of the interweaving lyrical themes of the new tracks, and was released too long ago now for it to make sense (imo), and I don't think The Way That You Were is quite on the same level of quality as everything else they've released thus far

plus, I'd argue that hyping up 'a new song every two weeks' just to have two (or even one) of them be songs you've heard before would kinda be disappointing 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Maximo said:

Jaws doesn't really carry any of the interweaving lyrical themes of the new tracks, and was released too long ago now for it to make sense (imo), and I don't think The Way That You Were is quite on the same level of quality as everything else they've released thus far

Yeah u right. jaws was a great song on itself but doesnt really belong on this I guess. Also couldnt agree more on The Way That You Were, imo their worst song

• Love 1

Well fuck. They just keep getting better.