Summers

Capture - Lost Control (2019)

60 posts in this topic

Strange album imo. After the singles (Dingbats excluded), I was expecting this to be a lot heavier than it was. First half of album is reasonably heavy, but then it totally drops off in the 2nd half (apart from The Lake), and then finishes on another heavy song.

Also, is that Thomas Erak at 2:30 - 2:46 on Alive?

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

These guys tried to pull an ''emo'' Tool I guess

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, DekinhoDesu said:

These guys tried to pull an ''emo'' Tool I guess

fuck off caralho

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, BERO said:

fuck off caralho

Eu te amo

• Love 1

50/50. Nothing interesting or new.

I really liked the album. Just some good metalcore to listen to.

The riff in Dead Hollywood sounds exactly like another song that has like "Shut the Fuck Up" by SYCAMOUR.

Still enjoying it though!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Weiße Rose said:

yeah, i got a bit too angry there my bad.

You good fam, i don't know this band like at all. I get your frustrations, but people will like what they like

4 hours ago, AsLions7 said:

Also, is that Thomas Erak at 2:30 - 2:46 on Alive?

I would also like to know the answer to this too.

11 hours ago, Geshka said:

So this is what you call comeback of the year. Stocked as hell to hear some new tunes, the singles released so far were lit, expect no less from the rest of the record B)

In chat you said this album would bring a new era of core. No.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

In chat you said this album would bring a new era of core. No.

Not a chance loo

• Upvote 1

Pretty boring but some alright songs too I guess. Not sure if I will be listening to this again.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, hundegsicht said:

Reign of Terror is better than the last three AA albums. Just because Till Death was super crabcore doesn't make them "AA wannabes" and they really stepped up after their debut. Too many people watched 10 seconds of the Knife song video and made up their minds about the band based on that.

i agree Reign of Terror is better than The Black and AA Self Titled, but better than FDTD? I dont think so

• Upvote 1

Heavier songs are fine, but the softer ones sound so boring that I'm almost falling asleep while listening to them. I hate the group shouting as well.

This does not sound like the third album in a relatively big bands discography released on a relatively big label. I was actually excited for this after No Cure, since I loved Lost Control and The Lake (which I was hoping they would remaster for the album lol), but all I can say is... I guess they tried. A little bit.

i REALLY want to like this, hopefully it grows on me like bad omens.

so far nothing.

I know they did it awhile ago, but why did they even change their name to capture? So dumb, capture the crown was a good name 

• Upvote 1

Would've been hilarious if they called this album "The Crown"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Exactly what I expected from Capture The Crown in 2019. Pretty decent. Granted it's not the best thing I've ever heard, nor the most groundbreaking; but can we just appreciate that we're still getting music from these guys after all these years? This album was probably written 2-3 years ago, and so it's already difficult for it to hold up with today's standards,  but I'm excited to hear where they go in the next few years

19 hours ago, TheJudged said:

i agree Reign of Terror is better than The Black and AA Self Titled, but better than FDTD? I dont think so

Yeah I have to backtrack a little with that. FDTD had its moments.

Okay I've been a core fan for a long time and since this community loves metal and the hardcore stuff I planned to stay.

More than half of the album sounds like if Blink 182 tried to go metal. It might just be me but the style is completely underwhelming and I just can't get into this band. The Lake tries to redeem it with your typical fast drums, background lyrics and verse, and then chorus. I don't get it. I have heard of these guys before but it's not my thing. You guys can keep supporting them to me its a huge turn off. The only GOOD thing I could say is some of their kickass intros and it gets ruined by shitty tunes and what not but this is just ME. 

The breakdowns and typical blast beats dont make up for it either. This is one of those albums where i only liked two songs that could of been singles to a decent ep but whatever. Cruise sounds delightful then the lyrics with "the cigarette hurts my lings" just got me facepalming. 

Over all, it's not terrible, its not perfect. I'd say its about an average album as you can get. 5/10. Please dont hate me for this. Never criticized anything like this before.

Man I was hoping this would be a good comeback but it's just gay as fuck. Even the heavier songs sound completely uninspired and lazy. Reign of Terror was the shit, where's the motivation they had behind that?

On 8/18/2019 at 4:31 AM, invaderhemp said:

Man I was hoping this would be a good comeback but it's just gay as fuck. Even the heavier songs sound completely uninspired and lazy. Reign of Terror was the shit, where's the motivation they had behind that?

I mean, this isn't a comeback. They just delayed shit based on hiatus issues and issues with Mitch from Varials.

Is it sad that CTC is in all this drama? Yes.

Tbh though I mostly listened to the band for the vocalist's clean voice, so this sounds like it's gonna be their best album for me.

If this album was released three years ago, it would be definitely a gem. Record is good, not bad at all, just boring because we all know we have heard this exact same sound in other bands before. Capture was better when they were AA with kangaroos.

2 hours ago, Crust said:

If this album was released three years ago, it would be definitely a gem. Record is good, not bad at all, just boring because we all know we have heard this exact same sound in other bands before. Capture was better when they were AA with kangaroos.

Exactly this. I doubt I'll listen to this much in the future. 

Honestly I'd put this album right on par with Reign of Terror. There's some production issues and inconsistencies, but its highs (pun intended) are fucking glorious.

Surprisingly it seems they succeeded here the most when they just embraced their more experimental / softer aspects (High, Is This Love, etc)

The heavy tracks are still great too, but they're not the ones I keep coming back to.

After multiple listens, this is a slapper. Have had this on repeat since it came out. With all of these listens, i'd give it an 7.5-8 out of 10. It's good but Cruise is a pretty bad song (or i just hate songs about driving?)

Lmao at that idiot guitarist bragging about how he wrote this piece of crap album. With how he whines like a little bitch every other day, you'd think he wrote a masterpiece. 

Does anybody know who the featured artists are in this album? I know there’s a few just can’t find them credited anywhere

Overall thoughts on new Capture:

Fairly decent record. There were a couple cool riffs, a random breakdown that got my attention, and there were a few really good choruses, but as a whole, the album is pretty mediocre if not bland. 

I'd rate it around 6.5/10 or 7/10. 

I enjoyed it, but there wasn't anything too special. Even in cases like this, I still keep the album just to listen to every once in a while, but that isn't the case here. I'm honestly gonna get rid of it.