BenjaminBurnley

Starset - MANIFEST [Single] (2019)

45 posts in this topic

OMG love it. Thanks for the leak!!!!!!!

• Love 1

oh! Never heard of these guys, but I love this sound. Definitely checking out their other stuff

• Upvote 1

No. Waiting it is. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just as good as they have always been. Great song!

• Upvote 1

After lowering my expectations...I got smacked in the mouth in the first 30 seconds with that chorus. Now I'm excited for the album next month. Why is the marketing terrible? Good question 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Yes! thank you :)

I love this song, great single! 

Fuck this, just took a listen.

It was amazing.

• Upvote 3

incredibly good

This is the starset i know and love

• Upvote 1

Starset at it again... very interesting.. his voice is insane

Great first single!

I was hoping for something a bit different in the chorus, but this is everything the band does so well.

Oh shit it's amazing!

@Ad0492 This is not even close to his real voice. It's auto-tuned into oblivion. lol

But that's the way they have always been.

I wanna hear him without it. haha

• Confused 1

Random British accent on the first verse.

Ok, Dusty. lol 

Sounds like they're about to achieve the hat trick with three consecutively amazing albums.

• Upvote 2

Anybody have an idea of the lyrics in the chorus?

Is he saying "I'm kinda thinkin' like this."

I can't figure it out for sure.

Wow, this is awesome!! That switch-up after the chorus is super addictive, and the overall structure of the song is really creative.

Definitely one of the more boring Starset songs lol, except for the cool bridge.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 12

54 minutes ago, SMGTunes said:

Anybody have an idea of the lyrics in the chorus?

Is he saying "I'm kinda thinkin' like this."

I can't figure it out for sure.

"I kinda think I like this"

It's different, but still great. And that last verse/bridge... HOLY SHEIT!

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, desk said:

Definitely one of the more boring Starset songs lol, except for the cool bridge.

Agreed instrumental wise, his vocals are decent though

Loved their first record, but the second one felt very uninspired to me. It lacked a lot of experimentation that the first had, and lost a lot of its uniqueness as a result, imo. The only song I liked was the bonus track (I believe it was), Bringing it Down 2.0, which they seemed to introduce again with this single. They heaviness is mixed in really well with the overarching melodies. There's some massive Siamese vibes in the chorus, though. :lol:

1 hour ago, SMGTunes said:

@Ad0492 This is not even close to his real voice. It's auto-tuned into oblivion. lol

But that's the way they have always been.

I wanna hear him without it. haha

Have you ever heard him sing live? I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them, dude has an awesome voice. Honestly, though, if you're going to give a vocalist shit for vocal manipulation, at least try to sound educated on the subject.. Auto-tune = T-Pain and Pitch Correction (which is used here) = something literally every vocalist uses. 

@k a i y k o 

1 hour ago, k a i y k o said:

Have you ever heard him sing live? I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them, dude has an awesome voice. Honestly, though, if you're going to give a vocalist shit for vocal manipulation, at least try to sound educated on the subject.. Auto-tune = T-Pain and Pitch Correction (which is used here) = something literally every vocalist uses. 

I have to agree with you on that, saw them live a while back, never even heard of them before that and his vocals are amazing, and I really don't hear all that much autotune compared to what I heard live

1 hour ago, k a i y k o said:

Loved their first record, but the second one felt very uninspired to me. It lacked a lot of experimentation that the first had, and lost a lot of its uniqueness as a result, imo. The only song I liked was the bonus track (I believe it was), Bringing it Down 2.0, which they seemed to introduce again with this single. They heaviness is mixed in really well with the overarching melodies. There's some massive Siamese vibes in the chorus, though. :lol:

He definitely uses some kind of vocoder, it's not just pitch correction. He also does live, but it's fine. It sounds good