Still seeing Christmas colors on the site? Hit CTRL+F5 or CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+R to force a full reload of KL.
mR12

Shadow of Intent - Melancholy (2019)

74 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

39 minutes ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Might get some downvotes for this but I just don’t see what’s special about this band. Sounds like cut and dry deathcore with some symphonic elements. I’ve tried to get into them cause everyone seems to love them, but all their songs bleed together for me and that hasn’t changed with this album. 

I'm in the same boat, but I guess I'm not a huge fan of the genre so maybe that's keeping me biased. Talented but I'm not seeing the spark. 

• Upvote 2

I could never get into this band before but Malediction got my attention. Love the vocals even though I can't understand a word he's saying most of the time. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ptrails33 said:

Hot take: Reclaimer > this

Hoping that more listens might change that. This album is still sick, don’t get me wrong.

I totally agree. They toned themselves way down and a lot of the fun of their previous work is completely lacking here. Still a good album and I hope it grows on me but Reclaimer is FAR superior imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Off of first listen we'll see after Infant Annihilator and Fit For An Autopsy drops but at the moment definitely my favorite Deathcore record to drop so far

3 hours ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Might get some downvotes for this but I just don’t see what’s special about this band. Sounds like cut and dry deathcore with some symphonic elements. I’ve tried to get into them cause everyone seems to love them, but all their songs bleed together for me and that hasn’t changed with this album. 

You probably listening on some Apple earpods sunny d lmao

• Sad 1

Never heard of these guys before, some tracks are really good, I'm curious to hear the past releases

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Evanwiger said:

You probably listening on some Apple earpods sunny d lmao

I don't think what he listens to it on would change his opinion though. 

• Love 1

They outdid themselves on this one, as much as I love Reclaimer but this is something else. +1 minimal use of breakdowns. 10/10

• Upvote 1

amazing album. really, one of the best of this year and their best album. The Dreaded Mystic Abyss is godly.

Worth every second. Glad I pre-ordered. Definitely an AOTY contender for me.

Yeah after a few listens this is far superior in every way to reclaimer. The songwriting is better, the vocals are better and the guitars sound better. Reclaimer was great but this is their best album in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, duck said:

Never heard of these guys before, some tracks are really good, I'm curious to hear the past releases

Need to get on Reclaimer my dude and if you like that, get on to some Hollow Prophet, it's the same vocalist. 

• Upvote 1

Second favorite Deathcore release of the year, just a tad behind AngelMaker for me. Blows the shit out of The Art's & Carnifex's recent efforts. It's got a great mix of different elements and proves you can have catchy hooks in deathcore. Great album and thanks as always guys.

Album of the year 

• Upvote 1

Damn you Kingdom Leaks, I broke my neck!!!

Also, everyone throwing this up as deathcore AOTY is sleeping HARD on Enterprise Earth

Made that gym my bitch today while listening to this album. \m/ lolz

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Never bumped these guys before, thought I would because of a rec by my homie. Only through the intro and I fucking love the symphonic elements. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, xpepx said:

Need to get on Reclaimer my dude and if you like that, get on to some Hollow Prophet, it's the same vocalist. 

Will do, thanks for the recommandation !

I can't listen to this type of deathcore normally, but I know this shit would kill live. Give me some beer and book this band near me and I'm there 

Finally got around to listening to it and I will echo what most are saying here, this album is FUCKING LIT! 10/10 all the way through especially with the more orchestra focused tracks. Absolutely killer album, idk how the boys will ever make something better than this but fuuuuuck this is sick. 

For such a weak deathcore year, they didn't have to go this hard to take the top spot.

The envied crown this year will be metalcore

• Downvote 1

Their best album by far. The outro to Gravesinger though 😍