mR12

Enter Shikari - Stop the Clocks (Single Edit) (2019)

42 posts in this topic

i cant see how anyone can complain about this.. this band has been developing and evolving their sound for years. yes this sounds like it could be a track off of The Spark. and while yes, The Spark was super poppy on recording, it was an entire different scenario seeing any of that album live. Honestly some of the most crowd-wide, mosh worthy music ive ever witnessed (that isnt just some style of straight ass metal). I feel this track and those to come are going to be no different. my boys, here they come!

I'm not fussed about what genre/heaviness they go for, as long as they make good songs.

This, this is just not a good song. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I was a little conflicted at first listen. then later, i caught myself humming to the sound of the chorus.

Just exactly how I did to Live Outside. Enter Shikari just keep on putting music that fits my ear.

(full disclosure, never really been a fan of this band)

this is prolly gonna get downvoted, but I don't think the problem is that it sounds poppy, it's that it sounds outdated as all fuck 

this sounds like fucking metro station, i thought we left this sound in the 2000s for a reason 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

This is so MEH that I'm actually not surprised after The Spark...it's not the worst thing, but it's so structually boring and flat...what is wrong with the master on guitars, screams are not saving it
5/10

• Upvote 1

Really can't get into it, def not my kind of stuff

Enjoyed some tracks on The Spark tho, but I'll pass on that

• Upvote 1

I'm listening to it now, and I think it's a good song. It's not that heavy, as they used to play, but that song has something cool in itself. It was worth the waiting since December 2018 - and I haven't listened to it then.

The Spark was a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. I like the verses and stuff on here but that chorus... bland as fuck. Maybe it'll be a grower. Wasn't massive on 'Live Outside' when I first heard it but I am now.

Meh, used to love these guys. Couldn't even finish the song.
I know this is them evolving, but it sounds horrible IMO lol

oh god, this is sooooo bad... WHAT. HAPPENED???

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2019 at 10:33 PM, Six Souls x said:

Yeah Shikari are known for doing three standalone singles in between album cycles, this is just the first of the three and the closer to The Spark era. Their next two tracks will be highly experimental, and I have no doubts. They never do the same thing twice so I wouldn’t expect a The Spark 2.0

TTtS

<We Can Breathe In Space>

Common Dreads

<Thumper>

<Destabilise>

<Quelle Surprise>

AFFoc

<The Paddington Frisk>

<Radiate>

<Rat Race>

The Mindsweep

<Slipshod>?