Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
Rorschach

Issues - Drink About It [Single] (2019)

43 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

IMO nowhere near as good as Tapping Out, even with how straightforward of a song it was. They've tamed their sound down drastically, and I'm not too sure I'm a big fan of the change. Guess we'll have to see when the album comes out.

• Upvote 6

Pass. Not even close to their best work. Not total trash, just not up to their standard imo. But could just be a weak single. Might just be me. Thanks for posting!

• Upvote 2

This the kinda song id listen to if I wanna feel good. But in itself it isn't their best 

• Upvote 1

I like it, but it's definitely more straightforward than most of their stuff. Not my favorite by them, but it's pretty immediately catchy... the bridge is my favorite part.

I literally know nothing about this band, but they are instrumentally nice. It's just the vocals that throw me off and all the singles I heard I didn't really like at all. That being said, I don't think this song is bad, I actually like some parts of it but I just can't get behind the vocals

Not as catchy as Tapping Out but, based off the singles so far, I think I'm definitely gonna enjoy this album

• Upvote 3

I really like this, I actually feel like this is on par with Tapping Out for me

• Upvote 3

Honestly tapping out didn’t do it for me but this was pretty chill.

Both these songs have, imo, been better than a lot of songs on Headspace, but nothing has touched the quality of the self-titled album for me. It's not even because of the lack of Michael - I always though his role was a bit pointless and his vocals never really heightened the songs. Songs on the self-titled were so infectiously catchy and the electronic elements were great, these new songs are missing that.

• Upvote 2

This is miles ahead of Tapping Out imo, the syncopated triplets on the second verse fit so well. Reminds me of Mad at Myself

• Upvote 4

I LOVE this. I wanted them to fully lean into a dark djent sound with their weirdness thrown in there too, and they did just that. Tyler’s vocals are a bit to process, but I think they’ll grow on everyone. I respect that they’re different for sure, and I feel like it’s cool to do something weird to make up for no screaming. And that bridge is god damn spectacular, a meticulously crafted climax to the song.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Obviously not as good as prior stuff but decent nonetheless. Still hasn't given me the OOMPH to make me say I'm gonna buy it though, like all their last albums.

Well at least the last song had great verses and a solid heavy bridge, this one is p cool instrumentally but just feels like average Issues.

• Upvote 2

well that was garbage. such a fucking shame too, their last album was a hell of a banger.

Spoiler

New album Beautiful Oblivion - October 4thEF3191FD-C364-4D1C-B081-8DD2AEAC3884.jpeg.4e51f51b732fca39b63b64a504cae6b3.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Just now, Six Souls x said:

New album Beautiful Oblivion - October 4thEF3191FD-C364-4D1C-B081-8DD2AEAC3884.jpeg.4e51f51b732fca39b63b64a504cae6b3.jpeg

Hell yes!!! I’m so pumped

I should of trusted my initial fears when they got howard benson. Headspace was so damn good. I remember that interview they posted when Benson said he pushed them to get even more proggy and crazy. LIES!!

After a few listens total bop yeah different to tapping out but very catchy 

• Upvote 1

Vocals are a big NOPE for this kind of music.

Quite a boring song, filler for sure.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I get the criticism, but at least no one can say they’ve heard a song like this, which is rarely the case nowadays, I feel. I think this song has a really good vibe though and does lots of cool stuff.

• Upvote 5

I like this a lot. AJ's guitars are sick and I love the Djenty-feel

It seems Issues can do no wrong. Both albums and the EP are great. Even Diamond Dreams is good (mostly cause of that Ben Barlow feature on NLYF), even though I don't much care for acoustic versions. This song is no exception. Great hook, great guitar work, I can feel the emotion.

One problem: Michael's gone :(

Definitely not among their best songs but i liked it quite a bit still.

52 minutes ago, neebnoob18 said:

They don't even need Micheal though there's people in the band who can do better screams than him

1 hour ago, neebnoob18 said:

It seems Issues can do no wrong. Both albums and the EP are great. Even Diamond Dreams is good (mostly cause of that Ben Barlow feature on NLYF), even though I don't much care for acoustic versions. This song is no exception. Great hook, great guitar work, I can feel the emotion.

AJ’s screams are a lot more stronger imo

Funny thing is if someone described the new songs vs headspace sound/style and tone wise II would totally prefer the new songs. After a few listens tho this one is a grower. Really dig it. I still miss michaels vocals tho. Last record Michael was doing those chester bennington type belting scream/singing style and it worked great. I think if that was in this song it would of really brought it up a notch. So far id say the weakest link on the new jams are the vocal melodys or lack of.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dickface said:

The fact that they're releasing this as the big single for the album with a music video and hype just shows that the album as a whole is going to be some fag shit. 

Michael's vocals have always been pure, unadulterated cringe. 

Chill with the slurs, you can express if you dislike something without using them

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Summers said:

They don't even need Micheal though there's people in the band who can do better screams than him

5 hours ago, dewey duck said:

AJ’s screams are a lot more stronger imo

I agree with you. Objectively, AJ's screams are better and sound more like "good" screams commonly heard in metalcore. However, I've never heard screams like his Michael's and grew to love them.

• Upvote 2