Rorschach

Killswitch Engage - Atonement (2019)

93 posts in this topic

Anyone else having trouble with Pass the Leaks?
Any help on ZippyShare? I can't get it to work even with the 3 links that say "Download" when the page loads. The biggest one (in orange) doesn't work or help me. the 2 others lead me to popups

Other Releases by

Solid album! Been listening to it nonstop since yesterday morning. 10/10 would head bang 

59 minutes ago, The Solution said:

Anyone else having trouble with Pass the Leaks?
Any help on ZippyShare? I can't get it to work even with the 3 links that say "Download" when the page loads. The biggest one (in orange) doesn't work or help me. the 2 others lead me to popups

With zippy, right clicking on PC or long pressing on phones and clicking open in new tab starts the download for me.

• Upvote 1

Bloody Hell.

this is excelent disc

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Draxcazel said:

With zippy, right clicking on PC or long pressing on phones and clicking open in new tab starts the download for me.

Can you take a Screen Shot for PC? right clicking on the orange download link? If so I tried that and it did not work.

7 minutes ago, The Solution said:

Can you take a Screen Shot for PC? right clicking on the orange download link? If so I tried that and it did not work.

Right click and then click open in new tab.

Got no PC around right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Bloody Hell.

55 minutes ago, Draxcazel said:

Right click and then click open in new tab.

Got no PC around right now.

Hero

idk i think the riffs and song structures seem to be staying too similar to past records. my favorite tracks were the melodic ones like "I Can't Be The Only One". "Take Control"  although i really liked "Unleashed". maybe i'm looking more forward to the next Times Of Grace release.
I thought Light The Torch was one of the best metal albums last year to be honest. every song had a different sound

The Crownless King sounds a lot like something off the past 3 Testament records which makes Chuck Billy a perfect fit. I enjoyed this album a lot more than I expected to. It feels like there are more quality songs here even it though it’s more of the same since it’s KSE. 

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

Does anyone know if there is going to be a bonus track or deluxe edition? 

3 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

The Crownless King sounds a lot like something off the past 3 Testament records which makes Chuck Billy a perfect fit. I enjoyed this album a lot more than I expected to. It feels like there are more quality songs here even it though it’s more of the same since it’s KSE. 

The Crownless King has some strong Sepultura vibes from the Dante XXI days

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

Lots of love for KSE from my home state. 

Know Your Enemy sounds like LOG + Chimaira had a baby. 2005 Chimaira I mean.

Good stuff, definitely surprised me. Jesse sounds incredible, but Times of Grace proved that a million times over.

Super pleased with the album. I'd give it an 8.5/10. My one issue is the majority of choruses aren't as catchy and anything from Disarm/Incarnate. Felt like a lot of weak melodies. However I was surprised the rest of the album is so heavy. Ravenous is brutal and really sounds like something from AOJB. Was a tad worried with the chosen singles, but they really led this one with the uninteresting songs on the album. I Am Broken too I dig, I don't feel like both singles live up to the rest of the album.

Also it's interesting, there are a couple songs that have a huge Time of Grace feel. I remember a year and so ago they said they were writing for TOG, but I feel like they snatched some of the fitting material from that and decided to release a KSE album instead. 

Anyways, thanks for the upload. Definitely buying this on release :)

On 8/11/2019 at 12:45 AM, sᴀʏ10 ↯ said:

To be a quality of 128kbps... it sounds perfectly good ?

I agree but lets see how this 320 sounds

• Upvote 2

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

I'm honestly kind of bummed. It isn't bad, I will definitely listen to it here and there, but Incarnate gave me high hopes. I loved how they tried a bunch of more slightly progressive things on that album: cool time signatures, weird song structures, and overall a lot of dynamics. I feel like this album is more 'safe'. I guess that's what I get for expecting any album to be a part 2 to a previous one.

I really do love Unleashed though... (which kinda makes me mad at myself for listening to the single and expecting every song to be that good)

Listened to the album at least a dozen times so far. I like it, but i can't say it's my favorite. I liked incarnate a lot more. I even think i like disarm the decent a lot more. Their are definitely some thrashy tracks, and i like it. But i also feel like it's the softest album to date. Then again the last album with howard was pretty soft. I feel this is very similar to the self titled album with Howard Jones( not the self titled album with Jesse). Alive or Just Breathing is still my favorite Killswitch album, My favorite with howard is a toss up between end of heartache and as daylight dies. I enjoy both album. Another thing i didn't like about this album, is it seemed way too short. Not sure what the final run time is for the album. But the legth is as disappointing as Atreyu's a deathgrip on yesterday. And i loved that album. I just feel we all waited a long time for a short album.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Can'tComplain said:

I'm honestly kind of bummed. It isn't bad, I will definitely listen to it here and there, but Incarnate gave me high hopes. I loved how they tried a bunch of more slightly progressive things on that album: cool time signatures, weird song structures, and overall a lot of dynamics. I feel like this album is more 'safe'. I guess that's what I get for expecting any album to be a part 2 to a previous one.

I really do love Unleashed though... (which kinda makes me mad at myself for listening to the single and expecting every song to be that good)

I agree with you about incarnate. Plus with the bonus tracks, it felt like the album lasted a while. Hopefully they release at least 3 or 4 bonus tracks that are unreleased tracks. I feel that would help a lot. The album just seemed like it was way too short. It probably doesn't help there were some songs under 3 minutes. That is way too short for a metal song, i expect it from punk rock bands. But not from killswitch

Just jammed this yesterday, to sum all of my opinions up at once with this album..

It's good. Not bad but not great. A couple good songs (I Can't Be The Only One, Take Control, The Crownless King). But average. :)

• Upvote 1

the more i listen to this album, the more i realize how bad it is just over their entire discography. Adam's riffs are just so similar and predictable. i really only cared for about 4 songs. i think they should just go back to their old palm muted style riffings and maybe bring back Howard to re-energize these guys again. Def. one of their bottom  2-3 albums

• Upvote 1

Disarm the Discent and Incarnate were pretty lame, but this album is the REAL Jessie's comeback to KSE. His cleans sound incredible and his screams are on the same tier than AOJB. Incredibly glad with this album, I hope they get the recognition this release deserves.

P.D. HOWARD COLLAB WAS FUCKING BETTER THAN WHAT I WAS EXPECTING. Was like take the best song of Alive Or Just Breathing era and mix it with the best song of As Dylight Dies era. 10/10.

Now i will stick to the dream of KSE adding Howard as co vocalist with Jesse and then i will def die

On 8/16/2019 at 12:22 PM, Ferzh said:

Disarm the Discent and Incarnate were pretty lame, but this album is the REAL Jessie's comeback to KSE. His cleans sound incredible and his screams are on the same tier than AOJB. Incredibly glad with this album, I hope they get the recognition this release deserves.

P.D. HOWARD COLLAB WAS FUCKING BETTER THAN WHAT I WAS EXPECTING. Was like take the best song of Alive Or Just Breathing era and mix it with the best song of As Dylight Dies era. 10/10.

Now i will stick to the dream of KSE adding Howard as co vocalist with Jesse and then i will def die

i'd definitely like a jesse/howard kse. I'm a bigger fan of the howard era but i've been underwhelmed with howards last two bands. Light the torch is a step in the right direction but the band before that nothing stood out at all, i dont even remember their name off the top of my head. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, amazonbasics said:

i'd definitely like a jesse/howard kse. I'm a bigger fan of the howard era but i've been underwhelmed with howards last two bands. Light the torch is a step in the right direction but the band before that nothing stood out at all, i dont even remember their name off the top of my head. 

Devil You Know! and yes i agree on everyhing you said.

My deal with KSE and Light The Torch is that i feel both bands are like a 50/50 of another band (i dont know if the idea is clear). If They would reunite again, i'm sure they would destroy the metal scene. Obviusly don't think that would happen, i notice kse guys enjoy more Jesse than Howard, for some interviews and other stuff that i've seen. But well, at least they are in good terms again!

On 8/17/2019 at 1:56 PM, amazonbasics said:

Devil You Know? If that's the band your thinking of. Light the Torch is Devil You Know. So everything howard did after Killswitch engage is technically Light the Torch. The changed their name from devil you know to light the torch because the drummer said he owned the right to the name. So they had to change it. So now they just have a different drummer, but it's the same lineup. And Blood has Been shed was the band he had before killswitch engage. It wasn't bad, it was just very heavy.

I constantly drove around for 3 hours today and listened to the album over and over. It actually grew on me a lot more than my first 5 listens. It's a good album, but my biggest problem is it's short. The songs are too short, and i feel that It's still softer than previous albums. It still has some thrashy songs on it that remind ya of the self titled album with jesse leech or alive or just breathing. I fin d it funny that when howard was in the band and they released the self titled album. Everyone bitched and said jesse is way better and that they wanted jesse back, and that they got softer with howard. Now that jesse is in the band everyone is saying that about him and that they want howard back. I feel like people complain because they just want something to bitch about. I personally like both vocalist, but i have always like jesse better. His clean vocals are amazing and his scream has gotten heavier. Yeah howard has a very low voice, but jesse does too. Their both good at what they do, i just think jesse is better and can hit higher notes, he has more range. Times of Grace the forgotten one is a perfect example of it. I'm glad light the torch's album was amazing, and times of grace are coming out with another album. So now we get 3 good bands and 3 good albums. I already know the new times of grace is gonna be good because it's adam and jesse. They are both very talented and they have a good sound.

• Upvote 1