Lord Rorschach

Killswitch Engage - Atonement (2019)

92 posts in this topic

Alright gonna give this a go although I didnt enjoy the last one very much, but I love jesse and this band. So I'm hoping it's better. Yall give me yalls honest opinions here cause I cant listen until tomorrow when we go get my stepson.

• Upvote 1

Surprised its only a 128 rip considering orders are being delivered as of today. A 320 rip should be anytime then. My preorder tracking shows monday delivery.

• Upvote 1

Almost through my first listen and I'm finding it pretty underwhelming.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

Thanks!

I'm crying. Incarnate was my favorite of theirs to date.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

seriously the singles are the worst tracks on this, I really dig the rest of the album 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The Signal Fire is exactly how a vocal feature should be done. None of that two lines and then done bullshit

• Upvote 8

how the heck are yall getn the zippyshare and the passtheleaks joints?  neither work for me.  only ones recently that work are the anonymous ones.  

Outstanding KSE record. KSE really sounds themselves here, and they excel at how they sound . Maybe one of their best albums to date just off first listen 

• Upvote 5

Pleasant surprise here, figured it wouldn't drop till leak day. Thanks for posting, been looking forward to this one!

• Upvote 1

This is the best recird they've put out with Jesse since alive or just breathing, really impressed by it all! 

Sick, my first impression is great! I can't wait for 320 kbps/FLAC.

• Upvote 2

Album starts fairly strong (especially the first three non singles), then starts slowly losing steam after the underwhelming "I am broken too", but hey at least it kinda redeems itself with the closer being easily amongst the best songs on the album. I don't know, feel like quite a lot of similar melodic metalcore bands that started out around late 90s/early 00s and dropped more than 5 albums have experimented much more with their potential than KSE did over the span of their career and this is no exception, album is good even for someone who was never huge on them but sounds very safe and as someone mentioned "vanilla". 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, xpepx said:

This is the best recird they've put out with Jesse since alive or just breathing, really impressed by it all! 

What about Jesse's return album Disarm the Descent? That record is literally a banger from front to back

• Upvote 2

Sleep can wait I suppose.

• Haha 4

Album of the fucking year 🤘 We'll see if AILD take that spot soon though. While all these metalcore bands are getting soft, Killswitch is swooping in keeping the genre alive and well. It's so good to hear Howard on another Killswitch song, it's fucking amaizing, as is literally every song on here. Both heavy and beautiful.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

This is a great way to lure a birdy.

• Haha 1

Finished the album. It is amazing, for sure. Has a lot of great moments. 

Favorites are I Am Broken Too, As Sure As the Sun Sets, Ravenous and Bite the Hand That Feeds.

Most favorite is either I Am Broken Too or Bite the Hand That Feeds (that fadeout-breakdown at the end, delicious).

• Upvote 1

Nothing exceptional here, but its KSE, so it's very enjoyable

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

Album of the fucking year 🤘 We'll see if AILD take that spot soon though. While all these metalcore bands are getting soft, Killswitch is swooping in keeping the genre alive and well. It's so good to hear Howard on another Killswitch song, it's fucking amaizing, as is literally every song on here. Both heavy and beautiful.

Not even a hint of irony here either. Holy hell...lol. 

I'm a huge fan of KSE and yet I found this rather underwhelming.  Still though, at least "The Crownless King" is great

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

It's decent but nothing memorable to me besides the HJ feature and the last two tracks. Glad they are still a band but this isnt one of their top albums in my opinion

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jeffbeck84 said:

Not even a hint of irony here either. Holy hell...lol. 

Aw poor baby, too much metalcore not enough sceneie weenie core on this album?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

To be a quality of 128kbps... it sounds perfectly good 🤤

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1