Summers

TOOL - Fear Inoculum (Single) (2019)

81 posts in this topic

Wow, one of the most boring songs I've heard all year. 13 years and this amateurish shit is what they release?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 4

Other Releases by

So i've basically decided i'm not that big of a Tool fan. Yea, they have a few bangers back in the day but for the most part the songs are just way too long and monotonous.

• Upvote 4

Love it! That sweet sweet guitar tone and the infallible rhythm section. And of course the unmistakable vocals from Maynard.

TOOL is back! The song reminds me a lot of Reflection from Lateralus. 

Finally the wait is over, the song is perfect. Expected from Tool tho, can't wait for the album

It was good, but I feel like towards the end of the song it was getting super interesting and building, but then it ended and I was left high and dry. I have no doubt this album will be amazing, but just felt like they could have made this song a minute or two longer (and heavier) at the end. My only complaint with this track. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sinnoh said:

if the album is anything to go by with this single then we have got one hell of a listen on 30th august. simply amazing

you mean 20th thats the official release

People waited how long for this? Feel bad for anyone that was waiting this out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

Overall a decent song, was it just me or were others hoping for more?

• Love 1

Simply incredible.

calling AOTY by a mile.

No one can write a song like Tool

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

boring :/  guess they needed a few more years

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Yaaaasss!!

And Booom! I got a big cute chubby!

• Downvote 2

Glad to see many TOOL fans are liking this. I love TOOL, but I’m a fan of their more mainstream style (Schism, The Pot, Vicarious, etc). This track is a bit lackluster for me. However, the two singles they played live sound AMAZING!

Still excited for the album.

• Upvote 1

Whats so special about this band besides they made you guys wait 13 years for this ? Honestly, I dont get it

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, DekinhoDesu said:

Whats so special about this band besides they made you guys wait 13 years for this ? Honestly, I dont get it

Before i heard them a lot of people told me that this band was boring, and i have to agree.  This song almost made me sleep 😴

• Upvote 2

I have always disliked the pedestal people put Tool on and this song isn't the exception. It's a good song and Is very much Tool, but their fanbase needs to lower their expectations and hype just abit or they're in for a rude awakening. 

• Upvote 3

Reflections Part II. 

• Upvote 1

I knew this would happen. All this time and its just typical tool. Nothing crazy amazing. Jones has to try some different tunings at least. All his stuff sounds exactly the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe if I got stoned as fuck I would probably love this, but for a clear mind this is a very weak track

• Upvote 2

I knew this would happen. All this time and its just typical tool. Nothing crazy amazing. Jones has to try some different tunings at least. All his stuff sounds exactly the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WOW. Now that was yawn as fuck. Why people are so fascinated with this band is still one of life's mysteries to me.

• Upvote 5

Meh, still dont get it.  Tool never did it for me... hopefully after the tool tour he will get back to Puscifer!  

Have to side with the people who say this is a good song, but not thirteen year wait good. The song doesn't really climax, but it still has all the things I love about Tool, even if it sounds like something I heard on 10,000 Days already.

Perhaps there will be something better in the other seventy minutes on the new album.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Ive listened to this song 8 times...its a masterpiece...as said its all parts reflection from lateralus but with a new take!

• Upvote 1

good lord, that mix is incredible,... thats how you fucking mix a song