mR12

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (2019)

188 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Prototype539 said:

I'm on like my 30th front to back spin of this masterpiece anyone else?

and bought it on vinyl today I haven't turned It off since Monday lol 

Other Releases by

On 8/5/2019 at 10:57 PM, CMGX6X said:

As a absolute fan of Slipknot, I've a review. 

After my first WANYK listen I can say that Slipknot are as fearless as they are consistent, 20 plus years into their tenure they've put out what is at least in their top 3 of their discography, more listens will decide it's proper placement, as there is alot to unpackage, perhaps injusting some drugs and giving this a listen will provide the clarity to give this a better intake. WANYK without a doubt is pushing outside the bounds of what is considered typical Slipknot, whilst remaining true to their identify. This album definitely deserves a listen by anyone who isn't a Slipknot fan, or the singles released (the singles while fitting into the album, are not the best representation of what WANYK is) but is a fan of metal, as it offers something very unique. 

Now as for the vibes, and sounds itself, this album really shows off just how great of a drummer Jay is, loads of weird, and unique drumming throughout this album. There's alot of weird electronic ambience that defines the tone of WANYK, very dark and ominous. They use these electronics to tie most of the tracks together which is a very cool thing for listeners who appreciate listening to albums front to back. Seems Sid really got to shine with his scratching as well, which is something we haven't seen alot from Slipknot, always felt like Sid was a backseat character, that's not the case here though. The guitars on this album really bring it, riffs as exhilarating, blistering and heavy as being thrown out of a plane strapped to a 1000 ton weight that was at 666°F. The only disappointment is there are very little Jim Root solos, not having him in Stone Sour really has left me wanting some solos from him. Though that's just a personal thought that shouldn't be taken into consideration when judging this album. 

After covering my bases instrumentally I've to get to the vocals & writing. I can say with quite a bit of certainty that is some of Corey's best screaming. Seems most every album his unclean vocals evolve, after hearing the singles I feared they were mostly the same from .5, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. But after an entire listen I can say it's .5 growls but way more ferocious, and br00tal, not to mention what he does on a good amount of this album  is his trademark unclean rapping, which there's things he spits for fast that it's unprecedented. His cleans really sores, bringing an outstanding melodic aspect that fits into the album quite well. The writing on this album I can't speak much on as I've not taken a look at the lyrics. But we all know Corey Taylor is a top tier lyricist, and from what I've been able to make out that stays true. 

All and all you'd be hard pressed to find another album that's sounds like this. WANYK has some of their heaviest material since Iowa, as long with some of their most interesting aspects since Self Titled. 10/10. 

I mean sure, but what would Corey Taylor think about this?

Best album since Vol. 3. Corey's sounding more pissed off than he has in a VERY long time, and that's a fucking cool thing to hear. Really surprised by how much I love this. Will make seeing them open for Metallica even better.

They played solway filth last night in Chicago for the first time ever live and it absolutely rips live 

Amazing album. Literally not a single song that isnt great. 

One of the best albums this year

Solid album by this legendary band especially after many years of absolute let-downs. I remember buying their first album on the first day it was released in Canada and people thinking I was a freaking alien or something. Amazing what this band has accomplished! 

If you're 555 then I'm 666

• Love 1