Chrome has marked our site as a phishing site! Help us refute this by reporting this assessment as an error by clicking here. Thanks!
mR12

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (2019)

188 posts in this topic

So there are a couple decent songs here, I just have a hard time caring about Slipknot in 2019. I was 16 when Iowa came out and that album changed my life. But as a grown man now it’s kinda hard to take them seriously anymore. I don’t think they’ll ever have the raw anger that they did 20 years ago, but honestly who would expect them to? There are some traces of that sound here and there but not enough to make me care about the complete album. 

• Upvote 5

Other Releases by

Just now, Buttercup420 said:

So there are a couple decent songs here, I just have a hard time caring about Slipknot in 2019. I was 16 when Iowa came out and that album changed my life. But as a grown man now it’s kinda hard to take them seriously anymore. I don’t think they’ll ever have the raw anger that they did 20 years ago, but honestly who would expect them to? There are some traces of that sound here and there but not enough to make me care about the complete album. 

I feel the same, can't agree more

Still, I'm happy for those who enjoy the release though

There are some bangers in it (Nero Forte and Red Flag are a slap in the face). Still, as many of you guys do, I feel like a few songs are unnecessarily long. Great album though, not my AOTY but a solid 7/10

Not bad, not great. Some songs drag, some are less interesting. I kind of like it but at the same time I still can't bring myself into liking the band itself

• Upvote 1

Orphan and Red Flag are fucking livid. Liar's Funeral is a nice slow heavy. And Not Long For This World reminds me of If Rain Is What You Want on the last album. And in Japan All Out Life is a bonus track, so I went ahead and added it in the album on my phone lol. With that said, Solway Firth, Orphan, All Out Life, Red Flag, and Unsainted are my top five songs on this album.

ABSOLUTE FUCKING BANGER. MAN I feel bad this got leaked and went to youtube. I just feel im doing wrong by listening it now. BUT FUCK IT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT. AOTY. 10/10

First impressions are brilliant, best slipknot album since All Hope Is Gone imo. 

it's an ok album. maybe even better than the previous one. the only problem are My Pain and Not Long For This World. those two songs are horrible.

• Upvote 1

Still through my first listening but damn. That's really good so far.
I still really think that the cover is ugly af tho. 

EDIT: Liar's Funeral is like everything I love about Slipknot in one song...

Damn, I was so excited for this album and it left me pretty disappointed. It's not a bad album by any means, it's just not that great. Maybe it'll get better with more listens, but right now it's not even in the same time zone as Gray Chapter. Liar's Funeral is probably the worst song they've ever made.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Hell ya!!!!!!!

I really don’t think it’s all that good. I really like Unsainted, but that’s about it. For a few of those songs, the verses sound EXACTLY the same. And slower tracks...I just found them boring. 🤷🏻‍♂️   I tried. 

Just finished this album. Solid metal album I'd say. 

Favorites: Red Flag, Liar's Funeral, Critical Darling, Not Long For This World (this sounds like a modern metalcore song wrapped in Slipknot's style, really enjoyed it, probably my most favorite)

Good tracks: Solway Firth, Unsainted

Decent tracks: Birth of the Cruel, Nero Forte, Orphan, All Out Life

Okay tracks: The interludes

Meh tracks: Spiders, My Pain 

• Upvote 1

So after a few listens, I feel like this is the brother album of Vol. 3 with some experimentation thrown in.

It’s definitely not Iowa levels of heavy. Not even close. I could see myself going back to it a few times, but I’m not in love with it.

Is it revolutionary and groundbreaking? Nah not really.

Is it fun to listen to and the best album they’ve put out in years? Absolutely.

My favorite tracks: Nero Forte, Red Flag, Spiders, Orphan.

This is not bad album,I was expecting something else but I am not dissapointed.Few years ago I would've prolly bashed it for not being IOWA but after growing up a little and opening myself to all kinds of music I really appreciate their work.After i will listen to album many times I will finally be able to judge it,but so far its pretending to be number 3 in my personal ranking of Slipknot albums

Thanks! I can't wait to listen the entire album!!!

On another note: if they really want to wow me next time around, they’ll have to drop something so insanely heavy. I’m talking Iowa levels of heavy, as it was said somewhere before.

But that’ll probably never happen.

I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of disappointed. I mean its different, which is cool, but its not what I was expecting. It just seems very random, melody and music overall is like a 3/10 tbh. Doesn't stand out.

I wonder of any of this album will be in the new Mad Max

I was so excited for this album. But it's a disappointment.

The opening salvo of the album is really good. After Critical Darling things start falling apart with only a few highlights. Not For this World and Solway Firth make it a strong close.

Most of it is just aimless shouting without any real threat or emotion under it. Corey comes across as if he's shouting out chapters from his next book.  It's just heavy for heavy's sake without the focus of their earlier efforts. Also not a fan of the production over the last two albums. At times it feels like there's just way too much going on and the songs just offer nothing memorable. The interludes are also pointless and the album is not the journey the band hyped it up to be. 

Happy for those who enjoy it but it's underwhelming for me. Just sharing my thoughts.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

HOLY BALLS THIS ALBUM IS RAD AS FUCK 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘 CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM AT THE IOWA STATE FAIR!!!!

36 minutes ago, Bbower said:

HOLY BALLS THIS ALBUM IS RAD AS FUCK 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘 CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM AT THE IOWA STATE FAIR!!!!

You must dig Spiders, it has NIN all over it.

not worth the hype in my opinion, this album has a few standout tracks but most of the time it's pretty bland. and who thought that dragging uneventful tracks to nearly 7 minutes was a good idea?
liked Nero Forte, Red Flag and Solway Firth, might come back to this songs.

6 minutes ago, Lelouch6661 said:

You must dig Spiders, it has NIN all over it.

Yep!  Definitely a instant favorite, love the NIN vibe!  

@jesuiskoldian agreed. not one memorable riff. it just all felt monotonous and the songs lack any defining hooks beyond a chorus here or there. not to mention the fact that everything is so saturated - instruments, lyrics. more than any other slipknot record it feels chaotic and messy. Even IOWA had easily discernable grooves, moments and lyrics that stuck with you.

3 dumb interludes and id say the only song i dont like is My Pain. Id say this is their second best behind All Hope Is Gone. Solid 8/10 for this. They honestly shouldve just thrown All Out Life on here too. A Liars Funeral is my favorite. Really Demon Hunter-esque sounding track, i loved it.

Nevermind, its on the japanese edition so that counts

• Haha 1

Fucking loved this album. Definitely their heaviest work since IOWA. Critical Darling, Spiders and Orphan are the highlights