mR12

Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (2019)

188 posts in this topic

My ears are very happy. This album is killer. Can't wait to play this tomorrow en route to work.

Other Releases by

This easily exceeded my expectations. I was trying to keep my hype in check even after loving Solway Firth, because the last two albums were very mixed bags for me. But this is everything I hoped it might be. They found a great balance of experimentation and re-connecting with what made them great in the first place. Songs like "Nero Forte" and "Red Flag" are the best of both of those elements, and then there's a song like "Spiders" that's totally unlike anything they've done before yet is fantastically executed. I also love how the album overall feels like a very cohesive experience, with the interludes and many of the tracks fading into each other really nicely. Gotta say I'm extremely impressed with this one.

• Upvote 1

I only listened to one song and I'm in love. Jesus fucking christ. This is what I fell in love when I was kid

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

45 generic ass comments and none about how good the album is. You disappoint me KL fam :(

it SLAPS!! the singles didnt stand a chance to the rest of it 

Im so happy with this album. Fucking banger.

Just now, TylerDurden said:

This easily exceeded my expectations. I was trying to keep my hype in check even after loving Solway Firth, because the last two albums were very mixed bags for me. But this is everything I hoped it might be. They found a great balance of experimentation and re-connecting with what made them great in the first place. Songs like "Nero Forte" and "Red Flag" are the best of both of those elements, and then there's a song like "Spiders" that's totally unlike anything they've done before yet is fantastically executed. I also love how the album overall feels like a very cohesive experience, with the interludes and many of the tracks fading into each other really nicely. Gotta say I'm extremely impressed with this one.

Their effort really shows on this one, they made attempts at being different and experimenting while also being them and going old school. They nailed it on this album, I am just really happy at this point in their career they care this much and it shows.

• Love 2

download.jpg

BEST DAY EVER! DON'T EVEN @ ME! This shit goes harder than Betty White trying to make it too 100 years old.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

PSP JEsus.gif

Just now, Frak The Gods said:

BEST DAY EVER! DON'T EVEN @ ME! This shit goes harder than Betty White trying to make it too 100 years old.

SOOOOOO TRUE!!!! 

• Love 1

HOLY FUCK BALLS!!!! MAGGOTS LET'S GOOOOOO!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This shit is so fresh, yet still unmistakably Slipknot.

Heavy as fuck in all the right places, and they even mixed it up a little.

I'm in love.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, pizzaistheessenceoflife said:

Highlights so far:

Red Flag is heavs

Spiders is catch

Right there with you.

• Upvote 1

Holy hell I'm ready. At work though my drive home is about an hour long so it's all good. 

Just now, CMGX6X said:

Holy hell I'm ready. At work though my drive home is about an hour long so it's all good. 

bro your gonna get home fast tonite hahaha dont get pulled over lol 

Eh. It's no Iowa but it slaps.

• Upvote 1

In case y'all didn't know, All Out Life is the Japanese bonus track. 

ezgif-com-resize.jpg

Slipknot - We are not your kind Review:
Insert coin - ???
Unsainted - 4/5
Birth of the cruel - 4.5/5
Death because of Death - ???
Nero Forte - 4/5
Critial Darling - 5/5
A Liar's Funeral - 4.5/5
Red Flag - 4.5/5
whats next - ???
Spiders - 2/5 - very odddd sound
Orphan - 4/5
My pain - 4/5
Not long for this world - 4/5
Solway firth - 4/5

I'm not a crazy slipknot fan but the guys did pull through it. Great record its a must listen

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

really well balanced between heavy slow and experimental i loved this i guess the wait was worth it 

• Upvote 2

Screenshot_1414.png

giphy (2).gif

Holy fuck, this record is a pure banger. I didn't know what to fully expect from this, but it exceeded my expectations for sure. And like everyone else said, the other songs on here are much better than the singles. I thought .5 was an okay record, but this absolutely blows it out of the water. Such a nice balance between heavy and experimental, they pull it off really well. Favorites are Nero Forte, Critical Darling, Orphan, and Solway Firth. This'll most likely end up in my year end list, this band got me into heavy music for a reason and it truly shows here. 

Fina (fucking) lly... going to spin this one now. I love you KL.... thanks 

Wooooooooo

So excited to listen to this. Thanks for the leak guys. 

1 hour ago, randy21205 said:

bro your gonna get home fast tonite hahaha dont get pulled over lol 

Hahahaha hope I don't. I've been reading through the comments basically drooling at my mouth thinking this is gonna be such a good listen. 

Maybe im not in the mood or this will grow on me, but I'm not digging it as much as everyone else. Singles are highlights by a mile. 

• Upvote 4