Michael

Underoath - Erase Me (Deluxe Edition) (2019)

39 posts in this topic

UnderOAth is one of my all time favorite bands probably really close to #1. Lost in the sound of separation was my favorite though  Define the Great Line and They're only chasing safety were awesome as well.  That being said,  I hate this shit.  I've listened to it probably 10 times but haven't really listened to it for quite some time and am just gonna try to forget about it and pretend they died in a plane crash or something around 2015.

Other Releases by

On 8/1/2019 at 9:16 PM, Blade$inger said:

That may be so, but that doesn't mean the album is shit. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's a bad album. UO is better now than they were. But that's what I think. You're entitled to your own opinion, but doesn't make it reality

You realize you're just countering an opinion with your own opinion right?  Anyway.  This album is fucking garbage like if Spencer wrote these lyrics as a child about his drug addiction.  They're generic lyrics,  they're radio friendly.. just sooo cheap IMO.  It is complete trash and it makes me want to cry.

48 minutes ago, Kayze said:

You realize you're just countering an opinion with your own opinion right?  Anyway.  This album is fucking garbage like if Spencer wrote these lyrics as a child about his drug addiction.  They're generic lyrics,  they're radio friendly.. just sooo cheap IMO.  It is complete trash and it makes me want to cry.

Sucks that you hate it dude

I honestly stopped caring about genre changes and forced follow up albums or whatever you guys call it. Personally this album grew on me, even though the deluxe two tracks were not available on youtube and adding on a few more was a decent move but not sure how this band will move on. Bands like Blessthefall, Underoath, and The Amity Affliction all seem to have great albums (not for everybody), but i hope its not a digging further deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole and actually trying to stay relevant? If that makes sense.

Point driven here is music is music and bands work hard to create what they want. Not everyone should like it and people can judge by production or style or whatever. But I would like to see a bit more of a change in criticizing. Its all the same thing. Its generic, its redundant, it sounds like an architects track (wage war = bad, erra = good) which is confusing so. 

Heart Shaped Box acoustic just makes me think about Kurt Cobain a little too much and I really hope some bands or artist dont take too seriously about the negative impact and do things that make them happy.

• Upvote 1

I was really excited for the album because the first single they released I actually like.
I don't know what else to tell you about criticism of a band's sound when they've built a fanbase around a certain sound I don't think they're sound has changed but, their lyrics are definitely phoned in.  It's like they used to speak a beautiful language and suddenly learned English.  Is the best way I can describe it.  In the sense that french for example sounds romantic/exotic and English sounds generic.  Hopefully, that kind of criticism is more to your liking.  I don't want to argue with anyone about it really because it's my opinion and my problem if I don't like it.  And I really wanted to I tried really hard to get into it.  But,  at the end of the day, it was just extremely subpar for them.  (IMO) :)  And it makes me sad ..

Edited by Kayze
Had to add it made me sad.

Still love this.

Seeing the songs performed live is a whole different experience. (They're better live now than before they broke up) the energy is so different. 

🤷 Never got the hate that this got. Still don't. 

On 8/1/2019 at 9:08 PM, Prototype539 said:

Heart Shaped Box cover is great

If I want to hear dreadfully pussyish acoustic shit, I'll download Ed Sheeran. 

• Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Dickface said:

Weird flex but ok.

Still no FLAC uploaded? Come on lol

On 8/28/2019 at 9:14 PM, Dickface said:

Your username couldn't possibly be any more fitting.