• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

So stoked for this. Thank you 

I can't wait to never listen to this

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Downvote 4

Ohmy god the song names are so cringy, makes me actually appreciate New Yeaes Day more

• Upvote 3

I just hope it's not as much as a disappointment as Unleashed...

Skillet is great live, but that's about all they have left, not even sure i wanna attempt this album 

Victorious, Save Me, Reach and Back To Life are good the rest is a bland piece of toast 4/10 still better than Unleashed tho

Really good album! Thumbs Up!

• Upvote 1

Alright, Skillet. You done way better than Unleashed this time, but still not really there actually. But I at least enjoyed it more than I will ever enjoy unleashed. The ending of Back to Life was pretty damn good. 

Eitherway, the amount of anthems wasn't overwhelming, but please do not do stuff like Finish Line or This Is The Kingdom on the next one. 

Favorite songs are Victorious, Save Me, Reach and Back to Life, with honorable mentions going to Rise Up and You Ain't Ready.

Decent songs were Anchor, Never Going Back.

The rest? Meh. 

Worst band of the century

Alright so there a few good tracks indeed, Victorious, Save Me (Comatose vibes, finally), 

I also don't understand songs like This is the Kingdom or Never going Back, these songs look like they have been written in 20 minutes and you know what the chorus will look like before it shows up

Finish Line will probably make it on some NBA/NHL commercials in the US lul

On another hand, it's probably difficult to release "creative" stuff after 23 years doing the same thing

the end of Back to Life is also ridiculously good

Eh, the singles I've heard weren't the greatest but I'm willing to check the rest out. Thanks for posting.

Grateful surprise for me, I thought it would be so meh because of the singles, but no, is pretty decent! Even the songs like This Is The Kingdom and Finish Line work well here. The album isn't groundbreaking, but is fun and catchy, it's pump up.

My favs are: Back To Life (The end is fucking awesome!!!), Victorious, Save Me, Reach and Anchor (Grew up on me 🙌 ).

holy hell, they are being so cheesy with these songs. Almost everything they make anymore blends in with the next song they make...

It seems like they create a corny song title that "gives hope and is uplifting"  then they create the whole song around the song name :|

• Upvote 3

"Oh Cooper, oh oh Cooper, woah, oh, yeah, ah, oh my not really inspired Cooper"
YES, as I expected, insane repetition in lyrics and cringy or cheesy themes...but overall it's better than Unleashed and that's pretty much it? :D :D
I think they accidentaly or...intentionally made the album for weightlifters or some kind of fighters, I feel it this way :lol:

Well then...let's jump into it:
Legendary - oof, this one leaves a small shit mark, but as a whole thing it's okayish
You Ain't Ready - digging this one, repetition aside I hum this song when I feel like it

This Is the Kingdom - is utter shit, sounds like wannabe Imagine Dragons with weak ass guitar "riffs"

Victorious - is actually great, when you overcome the repetition, the hooks go well, the symphonic spice is well executed :)
Save Me - the only one song that Whispered in the Dark and Collide with me on the first listen, better side of this album
Rise Up - is not bad to be honest, live version sounded worse, but the sound is kinda washed out, weird mix and effects included
Terrify the Dark - is alright, I like the atmosphere, but still too poppy for my taste...also again not only cheesy, but also repetitive af
Never Going Back - is good, I like the solo, chorus is catchy, weird dance vibe, but grew on me pretty quickly, heavier and more interesting
Reach - a bit Comatosey, a bit Risey, a bit Unleashy and...a bit loose sadly, it's okay...the drum beats don't really fit the singing...rock'n'reacha
Anchor - I like this song a lot actually, I like the lyrics, the execution, his voice...probably my favourite, kill me for it xD
Finish Line - You killed me Skillet...STOP with the anthems finally for fucks sake, not that it's shit, lyrics are pretty good, it's just weird, really fucking weird
Back To Life - Cooper went back to life indeed, this song is great, has Comatose tail with a bit of Awake, the ending is FIRE! One of my favourites :3

7ish out of 10 (6,66)
Have a break Skillet, you need it to improve not only lyrics, but also to be more interesting...

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Skillet - Victorious Review:

Legendary - 3/5

You Ain't Ready - 3/5

Victorious – 4/5

This is the kingdom – 3.5/5

Save Me – 2.5/5

Rise Up – 2/5 – hate johns vocals but love jens vocals in this song so much

Terrify the dark – 4.5/5 – love jens vocals a lot in this.

Never Going Back – 4/5

Reach – 3/5

Anchor - 3/5 – great song if it didn’t repeat like crazy

Finish Line – 4/5 is alright just arena stuff not my taste but is alright

Back to Life – 4/5

You can really hear the repetitiveness in the songs it's bad. What the album needed, Have more Jen in the great tracks and where was jen in the back half of the album. Like shes mainly only in the crap songs...I think John is loosing some creativeness with this writing. Like its really bad. I hope they fix this stuff in the next record. We need more Jen like in Terrify the dark because that would be a killer album. Anywho. Should you check out the album. I guess so but I say the back half of the album. Until the next one skillet. I still say Unleashed is better.  

• Upvote 1

una de mis mas mejores bandas, excelente aporte, gracias!!

8 hours ago, Kozlina31 said:

Not while Imagine Dragons is still around

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Kozlina31 said:

Nickelback?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, cheesentoast said:

Nickelback?

Nickelback's most recent album was ironically not that bad tbh.

Thank you for posting this. 
I like Legendary, you ain't ready, save me, rise up, never going back, reach, finish line, and back to life. Not a bad album. Better than Unleashed. My favorite from them is still Awake. 

Victorious, Save Me, Terrify The Dark, Reach, Anchor, Back To Life are all pretty good. 

Expected two or three solid tracks, and I'm pleasantly surprised. :like:  Most songs here are just repeating the same two or three lines ad nauseum, but pretty damn catchy and I'm kind of a sucker for uplifting lyrics lately (though these are even hitting my limits on cheesiness at times).  The female vocals definitely save a few of these songs, with that in mind Terrify The Dark needs more love.

• Upvote 2

ESPN CFP  will be all over "Finish Line".

• Haha 1

Imagine Nickelback Holding A Skillet Fired by Dragons

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2019 at 4:41 AM, cheesentoast said:

Nickelback?

Attila?

On 8/2/2019 at 4:50 AM, Thejewishpeople said:

Nickelback's most recent album was ironically not that bad tbh.

True