Rorschach

Northlane - Alien (2019)

247 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, BrickFace said:

So, now that I've had a couple months to listen to this album.. This just has to win AOTY, seriously. I wouldnt even know which album could come close to being as good as this. 

yeah I wore this album into the ground but looking back on everything I liked this year Alien tops everything by far.  I mean I can't even think of anything else I loved like I did this those first couple months while unpacking it

Other Releases by

Fun fact: My first Kingdom Leaks post was in this thread, praising the album. I'm so happy it aged perfectly well too.

Besides everything that I've had to say in here already, if there's one thing I have to give massive props to Northlane about, it's the fact they're a Metal band that knows how good Electronic music works. Too many bands in Metal/Rock have electronics in their music and it sounds like an absolute gimmick, let alone, adds absolutely nothing to the music. When I listen to Alien, it's loaded to the top with all of these dnb patterns and synths that transition the music into something more than just Metalcore. It makes the music more atmospheric, more dynamic, more exciting, more futuristic. Add that with detuned guitars and you have my wet dream album. Being a fan of artists like Celldweller, Fear Factory (duh lol), Mnemic, Sybreed and such for years, this is an album that had to be in my life. And I'm so happy it was, because it turned out to be my favorite album of 2019. Northlane shot up somewhere amongst some of my favorite artists with this album, truly something that doesn't happen often with me.

As a side note too: Every time I listen to "Rift," I feel like I'm listening to a Crystal Method song off of their debut album, Vegas, which happens to be one of my favorite Electronic albums of all time. It's definitely one of the least intense songs on the album, but the atmosphere it sets is just perfect to me. Just wanted to point that out.

• Upvote 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

2 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

they're a Metal band that knows how good Electronic music works. Too many bands in Metal/Rock have electronics in their music and it sounds like an absolute gimmick

this %100

• Upvote 1

I listen to core/metal maybe once or twice a year. It's just not my thing. I definitely respect it, but it's not my thing.

I was prompted to listen to this because it won the initial vote for the 2019 AOTY, and I respect the members who had it in their top 10.

It's pretty heckin' good. The production is amazing. Screams are not really my thing, but the instrumentals are great.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

I have a bad habit of downloading album leaks from here that I never get around listening to. Well, thoroughly that is...

So for the past couple days I've been going through all the stuff on my hard drive and stumble upon this album.

I've heard of Northlane before but never gone for a deep dive into their discography.

Listened to both Mesmer and Alien for the first time today a couple times each.

Mesmer is ass. I want to like it as it has some cool lyrical concepts and dope artwork, but no standout memorable songs. Liked a couple tracks and if they came up in one of my playlist, I'd jam to it but as an album it's gonna have to be a pass for me.

Alien on the other hand...YEEEEEE HAWWWWWWW!!!!! Sick vibe, Linkin Park-ish, Actual songs I can recall and recognize. Might be crazy but throughout my first couple listens I thought I heard some NIN The Downward Spiral type atmospheric stuff on some intros/outros. Overall pretty neat. This one stays on the hard drive lol.

Oh and wasted some time reading all the shit here. Y'all need to stop getting butthurt so easily l m a o :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

On 4/18/2020 at 3:27 AM, TimmyThicc said:

I've heard of Northlane before but never gone for a deep dive into their discography.

Listened to both Mesmer and Alien for the first time today a couple times each.

Mesmer is ass.

If you fancy diving more into their stuff, chances are if you disliked Mesmer you won't like Node either. All their work before that is with their old vocalist Adrian and I'd recommend giving Singularity a spin if you want to add more to your backlog :lol:

• Upvote 1

This bitch still fucking slaps. At this point I think its fair to say that it's my favourite metalcore album of all time

• Love 1

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG