Still seeing Christmas colors on the site? Hit CTRL+F5 or CTRL/CMD+SHIFT+R to force a full reload of KL.
Rorschach

Northlane - Alien (2019)

247 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Doogliebop said:

I have loved northlane for a long time but this just doesn't do it for me. I didnt expect anything ground breaking judging from the singles released and i wasnt surprised or let down with my assumption. I can totally see festival kids diggin it but i cant get behind EDMcore or wookcore.

Its a no from me dawg.

Wookcore?

• Haha 3

Other Releases by

Im not understanding the whole EDM thing, electronic dance music, just cause there's some synth doesn't mean EDM. This doesn't scream EDM to me at any point except for maybe Rift 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

Im not understanding the whole EDM thing, electronic dance music, just cause there's some synth doesn't mean EDM. This doesn't scream EDM to me at any point except for maybe Rift 

Don't act like you're surprised. Most of KL people have no musical/genre orientation. All they need is one synth or one power chord and suddenly everything is EDM, Numetal and compare it to other bands totally out of the range

• Love 3
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Don't act like you're surprised. Most of KL people have no musical/genre orientation. All they need is one synth or one power chord and suddenly everything is EDM, Numetal and compare it to other bands totally out of the range

Literally every track has synth and/or electronic beats. Maybe you should learn basic math skills before assuming everyone is the same in lacking your superior knowledge of genre classification.

• Haha 1

Just now, Doogliebop said:

Literally every track has synth and/or electronic beats. Maybe you should learn basic math skills before assuming everyone is the same in lacking your superior knowledge of genre classification.

Please read my comment again and get some context, because you're just making fool of yourself for not understanding basic sentences

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, Doogliebop said:

The issue with calling this EDM, abd I stress this, is Electronic DANCE Music. Where's the dance in this album? Where? Electronic in every song does not equate to EDM

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dust of Pain said:

The issue with calling this EDM, abd I stress this, is Electronic DANCE Music. Where's the dance in this album? Where? Electronic in every song does not equate to EDM

Is moshing not dancing? 

Therefore every type of core is dance music?

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Dust of Pain said:

Probably hiding somewhere with the "progressive" aspect of this release.

• Upvote 1

Just because the songs are heavy on electronics doesn't make them EDM in any way. Certain outros (Freefall, Jinn, Paradigm), most of Eclipse, the breakbeat in Sleepless, those are clear EDM moments but the rest is just rock/metal with a fuckton of electronics on top, don't make them EDM tracks though.

• Upvote 3

Managed to find a decent 320 floating around. This album definitely has a nostalgic feel to it. Early 2000's industrial/Linkin park theme going on, just a little bit. Mostly enjoyable. Only really enjoyed about 4 tacks. 7.0/10 with vox. When that instrumental lands. Its a solid 7.8/10 for me. Buying that version fosho. Cheers ya Aussies.  

• Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Evanwiger said:

Managed to find a decent 320 floating around. This album definitely has a nostalgic feel to it. Early 2000's industrial/Linkin park theme going on, just a little bit. Mostly enjoyable. Only really enjoyed about 4 tacks. 7.0/10 with vox. When that instrumental lands. Its a solid 7.8/10 for me. Buying that version fosho. Cheers ya Aussies.  

😏

27 minutes ago, Evanwiger said:

😏😏

43 minutes ago, Evanwiger said:

😏😏😏

1 hour ago, Evanwiger said:

"managed to  find a decent 320" 

translation

"I found a transcode"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

I did the mistake mistaking a transcode with an actual 320kbps too, no worries

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Smash_Adams said:

"managed to  find a decent 320" 

translation

"I found a transcode"

Ya. It's still sounds better than that 128. With viper sounds fine

if it's a transcode its still 128.

a very poor comparison would be like watching a DVD from 2002 on the latest bluray player.   you're still watching a DVD 

butt even then I think there is some upscaling with that comparison... so less than that. 

• Upvote 2

It's alright, nothing mind blowing. Bands MiW, Crossfaith, Issues etc have been doing the electronica stuff for ages so dunno how this is 'fresh' tbh. That being said, music is subjective, if you love this, that's great, we all like different stuff.

My personal favourite Aussie releases this year are from 'Dealer' & 'The Gloom in the Corner'

• Haha 1

pretty sure it sounds exactly the same as that 128. Placebo effect is a motherfucker isn't it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dvsr said:

Wookcore?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Wookcore.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Rift ♥️♥️♥️

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2019 at 6:20 AM, Irrev77 said:

I wasn't a big fan of Mesmer but this is a HUGE improvement. I'm loving this new sound!

funny thing, when i first joined KL, the first recommendation i got from a KL member was Mesmer. and here i am about a year later loving the band.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Evanwiger said:

I'd like to say, as an ex kl staff member, and a trusted member,  that isn't how a transcode works

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

You are attempting to portray a refined and superior taste in music over other people here by .. stanning.. a fucking northlane, generic metalcore album.. lmao.

Yea, you right, most of KL have no idea about music.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, DreamAgain said:

You are attempting to portray a refined and superior taste in music over other people here by .. stanning.. a fucking northlane, generic metalcore album.. lmao.

Yea, you right, most of KL have no idea about music.

Remember the first time I quoted you in this thread? :3

• Upvote 1

Just now, desk said:

Remember the first time I quoted you in this thread? :3

Yes making 2 posts in 5 pages = spamming a thread.  And the other 2 posts are just me responding to an idiot claiming I'm spamming the thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I listened cause you guys be hypin this. 

Hated it. I thought most of it was

downright boring. A couple of songs just droned for 4 minutes with barely a change. Others had some really shitty screeching. I think one song was ok. 

No AOTY material here in the slightest. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, nineball4444 said:

I listened cause you guys be hypin this. 

Hated it. I though most of was

downright boring. A couple of songs just droned for 4 minutes with barely a change. Others had some really shitty screeching. I think one song was ok. 

No AOTY material here in the slightest. 

Cool, you done?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1