Rorschach

Northlane - Alien (2019)

247 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

Way too much electronic stuff going on for me. It almost drowns everything out. I want to like Northlane but this will be another release I'll pass on. 

I think the hq files will help withthat personally

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

Never was a Northlane fan. But this is pure gold, very fresh sound. Their best album, no doubt. This record for sure will be in my AOTY list. 

• Upvote 8

Yoooooooooo yes.

11 minutes ago, prsjunkie said:

With solar and heartmachine last record and bloodline and talking heads my anticipation was huge because I love freakin numetal. Unfortunately id say the record is far more influenced by dance music/edm/industrial than NU.

Very heavily disagree

seems like the links are down for me. Ill check back later but i'm super keen to listen

6 minutes ago, ogloko said:

seems like the links are down for me. Ill check back later but i'm super keen to listen

New link up

3 minutes ago, DisturbedOne said:

but the quality blows

... yeeeaaahhh...?

I've never ever liked this band. But I fuck hard with the synth/dance/edm on this (whatever you may call ).

The celldweller/algorithm vibes are here but with some original twists, drummer must have had some  fun doing this album.

I dislike the screams a lot, they dont seem to have power (might sound fine live). I actually think this would be infinitely better without them. I really really liked the song 4D as it display the cleans so well.

Sometimes it reminds me of the approach in the Devil May Cry V OST or even what ISS did to Calm Snow

In conclusion, I wasnt expecting to enjoy this at all, since I disliked all the singles, but It's actually good, heavy and fun most of the time, and I agree that it's quite innovative in it's on way, but obviously I dont even come close to praising this as you guys are doing, but thats just fine cause everyone have their own personal tastes.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, DekinhoDesu said:

I've never ever liked this band. But I fuck hard with the synth/dance/edm on this (whatever you may call ).

The celldweller/algorithm vibes are here but with some original twists, drummer must have had some  fun doing this album.

I dislike the screams a lot, they dont seem to have power (might sound fine live). I actually think this would be infinitely better without them. I really really liked the song 4D as it display the cleans so well.

Sometimes it reminds me of the approach in the Devil May Cry V OST or even what ISS did to Calm Snow

In conclusion, I wasnt expecting to enjoy this at all, since I disliked all the singles, but It's actually good, heavy and fun most of the time, and I agree that it's quite innovative in it's on way, but obviously I dont even come close to praising this as you guys are doing, but thats just fine cause everyone have their own personal tastes.

No praise for the cleans on Jinn? You monster 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

DnB + Shitty Screams = AOTY for some people. 

This is embarrassingly bad.

I mean, glad people can derive some enjoyment from it - but I'm pretty sure if it didn't have the name attached, no one would be heralding it as "revolutionary". 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 6

13 hours ago, humbleledger said:

this would be so much better without the occasional corny nu metal throaty spoken word half rap stuff 

"nu metal throaty spoke word half rap stuff"

You sound so intelligent don't you? I'll be sure to go to you for all advice on music preference

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tedwards_ said:

You sound so intelligent don't you? I'll be sure to go to you for all advice on music preference

Stop being a dick

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, DisturbedOne said:

Sounds pretty solid for the most part but the quality blows

No sh*t dude its an early leak, its in 128kbps. Wait for 320/FLAC 

Just now, Summers said:

Stop being a dick

Right, so you side with that guy's comment, okay then lol

• Downvote 1

Just now, Tedwards_ said:

No? I'm saying stop being a dick I'm not siding with anyone

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DekinhoDesu said:

I dislike the screams a lot, they dont seem to have power (might sound fine live). I actually think this would be infinitely better without them.

I haven't liked either of the last two releases at all but he is a hell of a lot better live

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tedwards_ said:

oh struck a nerve huh :lol: 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Tedwards_ said:

No sh*t dude its an early leak, its in 128kbps. Wait for 320/FLAC 

I dint say i was fuckin blind did i? Most 128s dont sound this bad was my point.

• Haha 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Damn now I wanna see a deluxe edition(non instrumental)

• Upvote 2

goddamn this is the MOST toxic I've seen kl get in the past year... and I regularly interacted with bird sex

can we just torch this entire topic and start over when hq leaks

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mjistheway701 said:

Yikes this is not that good, like what maybe 4 objectively good songs half of which were released as singles. Y'all need to come down off that AOTY ledge because Thy Art Is Murder won that. This doesn't nearly djent enough 2/10 and the 2 are for Brendon's vocals RIP Structures 

Yes. Hate 4.0 totally won or will win AOTY ??

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, desk said:

Sorry, but all in all it's an easy metalcore AOTY so far (until the heavy hitters in autumn start dropping).

It's a strong release (especially compared to that last album), but it's not even album of the month. That probably goes to Wolves at The Gate. AOTY? That still belong to Turn The Light On by Imminence.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, k a i y k o said:

It's a strong release (especially compared to that last album), but it's not even album of the month. That probably goes to Wolves at The Gate. AOTY? That still belong to Turn The Light On by Imminence.

Makes me wonder how many skipped Kindergarten as I have to educate people about months of the year this often.

You're welcome.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Bloody Hell.

17 hours ago, duck said:

Let the bloodbath begins

I don't think this comment got the recognition it deserved. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, ggl3dde said:

if it didn't have the name attached, no one would be heralding it as "revolutionary". 

Fully agree

• Upvote 2

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

6 minutes ago, Doogliebop said:

I have loved northlane for a long time but this just doesn't do it for me. I didnt expect anything ground breaking judging from the singles released and i wasnt surprised or let down with my assumption. I can totally see festival kids diggin it but i cant get behind EDMcore or wookcore.

Its a no from me dawg.

Wookcore?

• Haha 3

Im not understanding the whole EDM thing, electronic dance music, just cause there's some synth doesn't mean EDM. This doesn't scream EDM to me at any point except for maybe Rift 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1