BenjaminBurnley

Wage War - Me Against Myself [Single] (2019)

46 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - July 29th, 2019

Genre - Metalcore

Quality - MP3, 320 kpbs CBR (Web-rip)

Tracklist:

05 Me Against Myself

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Other Releases by

nothing too special but I appreciate how they're expanding their sound, even if it is pretty generic.

Was thrown off massivley at first listen because of how crazy different it is, but I'm on my fourth play and it's growing on me already. Still sucks that they've decided to take this route, but it's still alright for what it's worth

Creak - Recluse

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

This just puts the nail in the coffin for me.  I am not going to give this album one moment of my time when it comes out.  Not that my opinion matters at all, but this is just becoming commercialized music.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

Its not as hard as some other stuff but I dig it :) 

• Upvote 2

It's growing on me more with more listens but this album so far will still not hold a candle to Deadweight

• Upvote 1

giphy (2).gif

8 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

This just puts the nail in the coffin for me.  I am not going to give this album one moment of my time when it comes out.  Not that my opinion matters at all, but this is just becoming commercialized music.

$$$$ and I do not blame them one bit

Actually pretty good single, really melodic. 

• Upvote 2

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Wage War dragging down the core scene, in this, the year of Northlane. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

All the other singles actually sounded good so I still have some hopes for this album, but this particular song sounds way too much like a filler.

lmao at least it's catchy and doesn't pretend it is something it isn't. Does sound like an ADTR b-side. Why do they think hitting the listener with a +30 sec chorus after ~15-16 seconds of a verse is good tho hahahah this is some sad shit from a songwriting perspective.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Its catchy and all in all a good tune... but generic beyond belief. I mean its 2019, bands are really pushing boundaries to grab attention but this is done 1000x already.

• Upvote 1

#NotMyWageWar

Jesus. I was insanely hyped for a new album from these guys after their first two. All the singles have kinda killed it off. Sad.

• Downvote 1

Yikes, sounds like it could be on a neck deep album. (Don't get me wrong neck deep are great but this sucks)

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, desk said:

lmao at least it's catchy and doesn't pretend it is something it isn't. Does sound like an ADTR b-side. Why do they think hitting the listener with a +30 sec chorus after ~15-16 seconds of a verse is good tho hahahah this is some sad shit from a songwriting perspective.

Well, in a sense your not that far off with the ADTR comparison, as Cody has written/assisted in writing some of ADTR's songs.

Its a good song but i felt pretty bored with it. too repetitive. 

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Not gonna lie this is my favorite track so far off this album. The other songs just aren't anything special.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

The 3rd and 4th singles have been disappointing. Contrary to popular opinion, I enjoy the first 2. Give it time tho. They may grow on me.

20200608_180043.png

"'Me Against Myself' is probably our farthest journey into the melodic world," says guitarist and co-vocalist Cody Quistad. "From the very first demo, we knew it was special. The lyrics are about as transparent as it gets dealing with the fact that a lot of times, we’re our own worst enemy. We’ve always prided ourselves on being versatile and pushing ourselves to create something new and different, and that’s what this song stands for."

I don't think this song threatens the integrity of the band's sound.  I dig it. 

• Upvote 1

Jeremy McKinnon definitely had a big hand I'm writing this one. I LOVE wage war but never really liked Cody's contribution to the band, however this song is really good. Simple but effective

• Love 1

big oof

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Generic as fuck but i think itll end up being quite catchy

Lyrics remind me of I Prevail. Song reminds me of something off Cold World. Definitely think they could do better if they really tried instead of just going for a cash grab. 

3 hours ago, Six Souls x said:

Was thrown off massivley at first listen because of how crazy different it is, but I'm on my fourth play and it's growing on me already. Still sucks that they've decided to take this route, but it's still alright for what it's worth

I think they just did a couple one-offs for this record. 

BAD BAD BAD BAD

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

listen to Silent Planet.

Man, this pre chorus is very catchy! Commercial music? Yes, but fun.

T6X4.gif

• Upvote 1