Chief

Northlane - Eclipse [Single] (2019)

89 posts in this topic

I dig the industrial sound of this. Can imagine it being more of a relief track on the album though. Still hyped

Other Releases by

Lol honest real talk though, this new shit is a massive downgrade from their earlier material and they've never come close to matching their peaks with Adrian.

I've never been a massive fan of this band but their earlier material (for metalcore standards) had some pretty good instrumentation but the complexity of the riffs combined with the formulaic song structures of their recent albums/songs is incredibly dumbed down and generic at this point.

I truly don't understand why everybody is pretending this is anywhere close to what they used to be.  Is it denial? Delusion?  I'd go as far to say that it's objectively inferior.  Actually, no that's an undeniable fact, at least in terms of instrumentals.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, DreamAgain said:

Lol honest real talk though, this new shit is a massive downgrade from their earlier material and they've never come close to matching their peaks with Adrian.

I've never been a massive fan of this band but their earlier material (for metalcore standards) had some pretty good instrumentation but the complexity of the riffs combined with the formulaic song structures of their recent albums/songs is incredibly dumbed down and generic at this point.

I truly don't understand why everybody is pretending this is anywhere close to what they used to be.  Is it denial? Delusion?  I'd go as far to say that it's objectively inferior.  Actually, no that's an undeniable fact, at least in terms of instrumentals.

Do you at least admit Dream On Dreamer and Dayseeker are also a bit generic? Or we could agree to disagree I'm very cool with that. Just never tell me to listen to Sixx AM again because I'm still really confused. Also how did you feel about Erase Me? Just wondering, haha.

• Haha 1

Woah this is so different to the last single...

Spoiler

I love it

Creak - Recluse

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

3 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

So are you saying if you dont love it your dumb? Northlane is like many other big bands with people who seem to have blinders on cause they are so excited. The song just isnt that good plain and simple

Very strange how I wasn't even aware of the existence of Northlane before the beginning of 2019, so I am definitely not a blinder, lol. I know you meant desk, but just saying. I just apprieciate good music, that is all. Electronic and metal fit well together, in the most cases, but some people act like any type of electronic in metal is a sin for the entire genre, which it clearly isn't.

• Love 3

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

11 hours ago, prsjunkie said:

So are you saying if you dont love it your dumb? Northlane is like many other big bands with people who seem to have blinders on cause they are so excited. The song just isnt that good plain and simple

Don't assume why I said what I said. Anyone can dislike it and I knew the opinions would be mixed after seeing a dozen of live vids, the actual comment was meant to the comparisons that KL have always been known for because they take a few popular bands and shove the rest under the same umbrella whenever they hear a semblence of similarity in sound when as a whole they're in completely different realms entirely. The fucktard @Vicent666 regurgitating what was already said 10 posts before his is arguably the worst example of this, among others, which I'm not gonna go into further detail because I think my explanation is more than enough. 

• Love 2
  • Downvote 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Tons of releases next month. So far this album is lining up to claim the title of "most underwhelming."

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Static-X walked so Northlane could fly

17 hours ago, DNMii said:

And who exactly are you to dictate whether a song is good or not? Just because you don't like it that doesn't make it bad my guy. That's just your opinion, and mine is that it's a good song. It's not for everyone, everyone likes different things. Music is subjective for a reason.

You are totally right. I should of been more clear. To me its not a great song. What I meant more or less was the people acting like its this huge breakthru and new sound are definitely blowing things out of proportion a little. It sounds like some numetal/electro stuff ive heard plenty of other times before. Now do they do it better than most other bands that do this? Most of the time yes I would say so. But not this time. Again thats my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Cool song, just not a good Northlane song for me. It's at least better than the other nu metal garbage single they put out.

EDIT: Upon listening to the full album this is now one of my favourites. Guess it just had to grow on me. I still don't like Talking Heads though.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

This is basically Sehnsucht-ere Rammstein.

Quite a neat new Rob Zombie song. 

• Haha 3

On 7/27/2019 at 4:15 PM, DreamAgain said:

Objectively inferior? Do you know what an opinion is or are you just confused on what objective means? 

Threads on KL always deliver some good laugh when it's about AA BMTH NL & stuff like that

• Upvote 2

Just now, duck said:

Threads on KL always deliver some good laugh when it's about AA BMTH NL & stuff like that

DON'T YOU DARE PUT NORTHLANE AND ASKING ALEXANDRIA IN ONE SENTENCE.;D

• Sad 1

crystal lake,apollo.jpg

Yea definitely not feeling this.

• Upvote 2

320 added!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

8 minutes ago, Lord Kingdom said:

320 added!

Thank you, I hope you have a lovely day. 

• Upvote 2

nb34las7CT1qak8d8o1_500.png

Honestly, this is great. Reminds me kinda of some old school psx racing games ost. Now I'm hyped even more for this album. 

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

This is definitely the most interesting single so far imo.

Synths remind me of Combichrist, namely, sounds like something off of the DmC soundtrack. Which is not a bad thing.

• Upvote 3

This is terrible. I'm all for change but ffs, so many other bands did this better. 

• Love 1

mmmmmh its very industrial and repetitive,  is not bad, but  I feel its a bit lazy by Northlane standards, but I appreciate the experimentation for sure

• Upvote 1

image.png

• Haha 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

it reminds me a lot of infamous idkw

tssf.jpg

the louder the better, this is fantastic

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

So listening to this, I feel like I'm in a club during a scene in a Blade movie. Good shit right here, thanks for the upload bbs. <3

Sounds sooooo much better in 320 can't wait to hear the rest of the album the hype is real!

giphy (2).gif

f****g  sick! AWESOME