The Forbidden page on PassTheLeaks download pages had been fixed.
Summers

Slaves - Heavier (Single) (2019)

26 posts in this topic

image.png

Leaked
Release - July 26th, 2019

Genre - Post-Hardcore, Alternative Rock

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

1. Heavier

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

Other Releases by

What a pleasant surprise... Matt McAndrew actually kills it here! This is super catchy and promising for the future of this band. Who would've thought?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's solid but so hard to think this is the same band and not some other similar sounding band when such an iconic vocalist got changed, and it's not like they were ever in any way distinct anyways. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, desk said:

It's solid but so hard to think this is the same band and not some other similar sounding band when such an iconic vocalist got changed, and it's not like they were ever in any way distinct anyways. 

Yeah I think what you mentioned could end up being the band's biggest issue going forward, a lack of distinctiveness. That being said, I think Matt does an admirable job here considering how recently he joined. He's definitely a talented songwriter from what I've heard of his solo music, so I think he may actually end up their secret weapon and best chance of remaining relevant... because I agree that the music alone wouldn't do it.

• Downvote 1

eh.  I have mixed feelings about this. 

it's obviously quality, but to so many people including myself.. slaves is Jonny.   

but, I guess people said the same thing about emarosa and dgd, and they've had a lot of success post - jonny. 

the difference is, the dudes in dgd are all incredibly talented, while slaves has always been an average band being carried along by jonnys' fans. 

I look forward to a full release, but this could easily go either way

• Upvote 5

So much better than Jonny. 🙌

• Love 2
  • Downvote 3

I think it's great aside from the chorus. 

Replacing Jonny Craig on vocals is never an easy task, but like DGD & Emarosa this band has nothing to worry about. This single answered all my questions. Really hope an album/EP is on the way that has a little more edge to it.

It's alright, it sounds like Slaves, even without Jonny

Second half of the chorus saves this song from mediocrity. I like the sound, but theyre playing it a little too safe. Definitely prefered the trappy rnb stuff on the last album. Essentially, this song and Jonnys latest combined are what made them good, now theyre both generic and lame

Prefer Jonny's vocals. That is not to say Michael is bad. It's actually a sick song, on par with Beautiful Death. And the vocal performance is good. But Michael isn't Jonny. Neither is Kurt or Tilian or Bradley.

• Upvote 3

ugh not excited for post-jonny slaves

• Upvote 1

I'm glad michael got his own song and has 1 less jonny song to sing.  I enjoyed the song, prefer jonny's vocals, but this could be a good fit.

without Jonny's vox this sounds like every other band with this style. if you put this track up against emarosa and (newer) hands like houses I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. unless they pull some amazing punches with the new album later, I think this band is just going to fade away.

Well their seconds album was their best. Soon as they lost their og guitarist they turned into every other band. Hopefully they can find dome sort of experimentation on this album. Vox are fine. Just not exciting to warrant a second listen unfortunately. 

I'm sure this guy is great live though. Which is a needed improvement.

Holy Guacamole! This is not heavy enough. Ultra-mediocre, forgettable vocals. Wouldn't recognise them as Slaves if I heard it somewhere.

WOOOOW, so disappointed :(

I do think his vocals are better personally, also think Slaves will get better with this new guy cause you know the Jonny Craig effect 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

kind of mediocre. But not gonna lie, the song is catchy. The guy can sing.

Im gonna give him a chance. Tilian's first album with DGD wasn't the best. It was the album after where he started to shine. Same thing happened with Bradley in Emarosa.

This is pretty good and the new guy is a hell of a vocalist. Unfortunately I feel like he's going to be living in Jonny's shadow for years regardless of how good he is, people are always going to complain about it

• Upvote 1

Eh...they don't bring nothing new to the table. Just another generic sounding band, unfortunately Jonny was what made them special. Nothing wrong with the new vocalist (actually he performs really good),  I  just don't feel Slaves as a band that can stay relevant after probly their next release as Dgd or Emarosa did after kicking Jonny off.

Loved Jonny but I always liked his solo stuff more. Think this might actually be a good change for the band. 

• Love 1

This new dude reminds me of the guy from old My Ticket Home 

I like it. The chorus needs some work, but it seems promising. Wishing JC would of stayed, but it is what it is.