Thy Art Is Murder - Human Target (2019)

51 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

I had Taco Bell last night, I’m really feeling #5 right now

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

"At least Thy Arts album will be better than Amo" © Summers

• Haha 1

For some reason in chat I thought members were talking a out the other TAIM... i have a good excuse... I've been up all night gaming

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

good chugs

good vocals

quite forgettable in comparison to previous TAIM albums 

• Upvote 1

i hear a recycled riff or two other then that it’s my only complaint i’m on atonement

their weakest album. titletrack, New Gods, Eye for an Eye and Chemical Christ are pretty good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just finished the album and on first listen there's alot here that is really good but this album becomes tiresome to listen to after a while, and it's only 10 tracks. When they get more experimental it sounds good but they shoot themselves in the foot by going back to the same thing they've been doing for every record now.

Musically for the most part this is really good and I think this could've been a great album had they been a little bit more experimental and CJ actually show off his range instead of just doing it here and there, but due to the famous 1 tone scream, chug chug and blast beats for days this album unfortunately is just average. I don't have anything against chug chug and blast beats I love that stuff actually but unfortunately on this record especially in the back half it becomes very monotonous to listen to.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Prototype539 said:

Just finished the album and on first listen there's alot here that is really good but this album becomes tiresome to listen to after a while, and it's only 10 tracks. When they get more experimental it sounds good but they shoot themselves in the foot by going back to the same thing they've been doing for every record now.

Musically for the most part this is really good and I think this could've been a great album had they been a little bit more experimental and CJ actually show off his range instead of just doing it here and there, but due to the famous 1 tone scream, chug chug and blast beats for days this album unfortunately is just average. I don't have anything against chug chug and blast beats I love that stuff actually but unfortunately on this record especially in the back half it becomes very monotonous to listen to.

i agree on the part about being monotonous. after Make America Hate Again it's really boring.

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed it more than i thought i would. I like when bands keep it heavy and dont become garbage and these guys do it well in my book.

It's "okay". 6.7/10 for me

Most overhyped album of the year: the musical

It's meh. 4/10. Heavy if you like it, controversial lyrics, an occasional good solo, but more dragged on overall. Maybe keeping this a 4-5 song EP would've been better.

Or better songwriting. 

• Upvote 5

HERE WE FUCKING GOOOOOO

The title track is still awesome! I love the experimentation on the album. I wished they did more of it bc this "Hate" formula is running on E.

This is definitely their weaker entries with some of their worst songs

Eternal Suffering might be the worst song they've ever made. It is literally like a warmup or a soundcheck for the band. No substance to it at all. 

5/10

Best: New Gods, Human Target, Voyeurs Into Death, Death Squad Anthem

Worst: Eternal Suffering, MAHA, Atonement

The rest of the tracks are snoozers

Listening to this just after jamming The Adversary, makes me realize how downhill they went. I liked the first single but overall this is just boring and uninspired.

Heavy? Yes. Good? Nope. 

3/10

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 2

I've been very cautious about getting hyped for this album because I thought Make America Hate Again was just a cringey, recycled version of Puppet Master. Reading these comments just makes me think I shouldn't bother.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Maagg said:

Listening to this just after jamming The Adversary, makes me realize how downhill they went. I liked the first single but overall this is just boring and uninspired.

Heavy? Yes. Good? Nope. 

3/10

I think it's more of the band running out of that formula used in Hate and brought the band into the spotlight. Kinda like beating a dead horse

• Upvote 1

Boring album to be honest

5 minutes ago, Stasz18 said:

I think it's more of the band running out of that formula used in Hate and brought the band into the spotlight. Kinda like beating a dead horse

It's a safe zone for them. I'm personally tired of it. Atleast Cj could do some high screams or deeper growls here and there, instead of this non stop mid screaming.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dorathekiller97 said:

Most overhyped album of the year: the musical

It's meh. 4/10. Heavy if you like it, controversial lyrics, an occasional good solo, but more dragged on overall. Maybe keeping this a 4-5 song EP would've been better.

Or better songwriting. 

There isn't even a single solo on this record though.  Just the same watered down riffs and chugging over and over again.

• Haha 1

Oh hell yes, I love this

Just now, Anton Chigurh said:

There isn't even a single solo on this record though.  Just the same watered down riffs and chugging over and over again.

There is one on the title song, but it's MEH anyway.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

1 solo. Lol 

Been looking forward to this one, thanks for posting.

People are only now realising the problems that they already had on the last album lol. Last album was a bore, wont even give this one a try

• Downvote 1

Can be repetitive but for its length, I quite enjoyed the boom-boom-chugga-chugga-boom-chugga.

Well I gotta listen to it myself, but you guys already got me worried

1 hour ago, dorathekiller97 said:

1 solo. Lol 

1 hour ago, Maagg said:

There is one on the title song, but it's MEH anyway.

Damn, it must've been that bad and boring that I completely forgot it even existed.  I've listened through like 4 times and never noticed it somehow...  My b lol.  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ×KING×ReLLIK× said:

For some reason in chat I thought members were talking a out the other TAIM... i have a good excuse... I've been up all night gaming

I totally thought they were talking about the animal in me the other day and wondered why they were hyping that lol

This album is... confusing. On one hand, you get some of the best songs this band has ever written (New Gods, Welcome Oblivion, Voyeurs Into Death) and on the other, you get, well everything else. Pretty much every single other song on this album besides those three is a snoozefest, even the three songs that were LITERALLY CHOSEN AS SINGLES. Some songs have interesting moments and are half decent (Chemical Christ, Atonement) but then you get those that are just downright awful (Human Target, Make America Hate Again). The best way to describe my disappointment here is to say what the band should have done instead of this wishy washy mess of an album. This should have been a 5 song EP with Death Perception, New Gods, Welcome Oblivion, Voyeurs Into Death, and Chemical Christ. That was have been a VERY solid EP. Then, they should have taken another year or two to write an album that is diverse and doesn’t sound like they just wrote the same song 10 times. Overall, solid 4/10 from me. Disappointing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1