mR12

Landon Tewers - Withdrawals (2019)

26 posts in this topic

YEEEEESSSSS

Ohhh Yea BOIII i was waiting for this one!

Omg this album is so good such a great blend of styles. Best solo album of Landon's to date in my opinion. He wasn't joking when he said this will make you feel sad,happy,angry all at the same time there is not a dull moment on this record and I highly recommend to not sleep on this it's such a great album even with how short it is.

That's one thing Landon has been really good at lately making short but absolutely amazing albums 10/10 for me, but also I'm a Landon fanboi sooooooooo this might be bias. 

• Upvote 4

The end of "Threatening" made me think part of the album was going to be Ai640-esque haha.

Sick album though! Lots of variety.

I think "I'm Good" may be the best solo song he's released. I could see it getting pretty popular.

• Upvote 2

Album is incredible. His best work to date. I love that he is sticking to genre bending. The album almost sounds like a dark weeknd album with a lot of rock influence. He's one of my favorite artists at the moment. So much emotion in his voice. I actually added don't you, give you something too and holy night into the folder with the album to make it a little longer lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

would rather listen to Landon Cube

• Haha 1

I'm well aware of how talented Landon clearly is and I love his TPIY work and have enjoyed bits his solo work previously so was reasonably ambivalent at the notion of this album but after just listening to the first track I was captivated. I think he's just nailed every element of this. 

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

Tell me that “ I Don’t Be The One That Let You Go” isn’t inspired by “When The Party’s Over” by Billie Eilish

33 minutes ago, Justin.Tomodachi said:

Tell me that “ I Don’t Be The One That Let You Go” isn’t inspired by “When The Party’s Over” by Billie Eilish

Kinda true, I thought of it too.

Still a great album, really into it since the first listening. 

gewd stuff, better than the other one of his

Landon Tewers - Withdrawals Review:
Threatening -  4/5
Touched your skin - 4/5
Something To lose - 3.5/5
Never Whole - 4.5/5
She thinks of me - 4/5
sleeping in the benz - 4/5
Brush Street - 5/5
I dont wanna be the one that let you go - 4.5/5
I'm good - 4/5

Didn't know Landon did solo stuff so this is pretty cool. This record is great I say check it out. Very different feel to a lot of the music for sure.

• Upvote 1

Better than pretty much every solo artist you hear on the "radio", mostly that nonsense that wins all the awards.

• Upvote 2

I ain't even listened to this yet and I already know it's AOTY material.

This is such a laid back album. I like it a lot more than I thought would. Lol @ whoever tagged the album artist on I'm Good with "some methhead". Is there even a feature on that song? :D

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, dvsr said:

This is such a laid back album. I like it a lot more than I thought would. Lol @ whoever tagged the album artist on I'm Good with "some methhead". Is there even a feature on that song? :D

it’s just an actual methhead

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, because I actually didn't enjoy the second single at all (and I still think it's the worst song on the album) but this is legit a more consistent and better release than Dispose, it has most of the great parts of Dispose with much less of the godawful mediocre modern electronic post-hardcore bits. Impressed. Also has to be his best release by a mile.

If I were to go ahead and take Rigged, Not Just Breathing, The Sound, Disposable Fix, and cut 2-3 songs from this album then this would be quintessential 2017-2019 Landon record and I could easily slap on an 8/10 or so on it, meanwhile Dispose starts great and ends great and is an inconsistent mess in the middle, this is much better though imo for the majority of it, although I feel like the second half is a bit Post Malone-y type shit inspired vocally lol and it shows through hard.

• Haha 1

Eh. Something To Lose, She Thinks Of Me and Sleeping in the Benz are really good, rest is pretty boring to me. Some Methhead feature on I'm Good goes hard tho

No 320 on passmeleaks? I can't get the other 2 sites to work.

• Upvote 1

I really miss pre-DISPOSE TPIY/Landon. This is okay but unfortunately just does not match up with previous material, solo or with the band.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm still digesting this after 3 listens, but I can tell I like it a lot.

Favorites: Threatening, Something to Lose, Sleeping in the Benz 

• Upvote 1

Post Malone, is that you?

• Upvote 2

I miss the old Landon and been a fan of TPIY for years but gotta admit, I love the Post Malone vibes on this. Glad he landed the Tilian gig, he deserves it.