Deftones has leaked -- however, at the request of a significant member of the fan community, Kingdom Leaks has decided not to aid in its spread until Thursday morning EDT. What you do with that is up to you, but please don't be asking us for links or publicly aid others in finding it on this website.
Summers

Wolves at the Gate - Eclipse (2019)

80 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Wow what an early leak this one is. Thanks!

johnny booth.gif

this is a fantastic listen.

• Upvote 1

Halfway through and wow, everything else is better than the singles. Face to Face is epic, and .....

WOAH listening to Enemy and the breakdown just happened as I type this. Gonna start swinging this freakin' keyboard.

:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhantomFear said:

Underoath making new music???

check calendar.

Just now, BenjaminBurnley said:

check calendar.

You know that unless there's more new tracks, it's just a reissue of the target edition, right? Which had two bonus tracks 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Dust of Pain said:

You know that unless there's more new tracks, it's just a reissue of the target edition, right? Which had two bonus tracks 

this tbh

• Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

@Dust of Pain The new Underoath deluxe album has the Target songs, 2 acoustics and a remix. One is their Heart Shaped Box cover.

The title track Eclipse is 10/5. :o

Thank you! I am hearing an audio glitch in track 8 Response at 1:24-1:25 mark. I tried both links. Anyone else notice this?

• Upvote 3

Just now, falve said:

Thank you! I am hearing an audio glitch in track 8 Response at 1:24-1:25 mark. I tried both links. Anyone else notice this?

Its for everyone from what I can tell 

15 minutes ago, falve said:

Yep! I noticed as well! And Ii was wondering the same thing.

IM READY

ezgif-com-resize.jpg

never fucked with these guys but i have similar tastes with half of you in the comments hyping this up, so here we go

oh, this is epic.  literally... lying in bed listening to this is almost psychedelic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

the album iv BEEN WAITING FORRRR THANK YOU!!! <3

When I see a new album I can listen to from a band I love, I have a feeling it's a special day, that happens only a few times every year

Today is one of these days

Thank you

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

my god.. can wolves at the gate do no wrong =O wow 10/10

• Upvote 1

thank you so much for this.

banner.jpg

I've been around for a minute.

Their best work for sure, it's a win-win with WATG though, pull one out of a hat. 

Wolves At The Gate delivered yet again, after melodic and lyrically really strong Types & Shadows, we got a new record called Eclipse...and yeah, it's a lovely ride of emotions and strong musicianship...the lyrics have been kind of put aside, but Eclipse insists on your heart and ears like worm, after each listen you hear all the differences between each song, this is shall I say the most diverse record they ever released, every track has its own soul, I kind of expected a bit heavier breakdowns to be completely honest and more solos, but still it pleasantly surprised me and it will be on repeat for whole month, maybe longer ^_^

FFO: Silent Planet, Thrice, Underoath

1. The Cure [5/5] - (First single, the intro, the approach got me stoked af, because its chorus is really good, Steve's vocals are simply beautiful and Nick's screams raw and incredibly crafted)
2. Face To Face [5/5] (Behold the best track on this album, it has amazing instrumental with symphonic spice, that instantly catches your head and you...just have to slowly headbang, it also has probably the best guitar ending)
3. A Voice In The Violence [4/5] - (Somewhere the score had to drop a bit, a lot of you will disagree, but it is what it is, I dig this track, I'm not gonna lie, but it's not the tip of the mountain, great build-up to interesting so to speak breakdown?)
4. Drifter [5/5] - (At first I was disappointed a bit, but after couple of listens I fell in love with this one, I listened to this track when it released as a single maybe 5 times on my way to different city, I like the screams and chorus a lot)
5. Enemy [4.5/5] - (Interesting change of pace, but very welcomed one, yeah, this reminded me of newer Thrice and SO WHAT? from WSS with strong parts that for sure stab you hard)
6. Evil Are The Kings [4.5/5] - (I guess this will be the most underrated track, but I have to admit, even tho I hate chanting and "wohous" in heavier music, here it fits, it's damn cool overall)
7. Eclipse [4/5] - (Gorgeous tearjerker with nice aerial ending, but not the best ballad I've ever heard)
8. Response [5/5] - (Ding-dong, back to the really heavy side, yeaaaah, this track kicked ribs off of my body and kicked it back right after...second best track on Eclipse for sure)
9. History [3.5/5] - (Weakest track on this record, why...I don't really know, it has Silent Planet vibe, but something is just missing or I expected a bit more...maybe a breakdown)
10. The Sea In Between [5/5] (This one has the strongest Silent Planet vibes of all the tracks on this album, do I dig it? Fuck yeah I do, I love the vocals that he delivers here, the emotion and the lyrics, so this takes bronze medal) 
11. Alone [4/5] - (At first I was like...meh, but it grew on me and now I'm throughoutly enjoying it, repetitive "alones" are something that you can persuade)
12. Counterfeit [5/5] - (Shortest never means the worst, with this song not at all, yet again we get somewhat Thricy approach, I enjoy the hooks and verses)
13. Blessings & Curses [4/5] - (Who would've guessed...a ballad as a closer? NO WAY! I don't have much to say, other than the lyrics are great and it nicely stops the overall album pace)

IT'S HEAVY, IT SCREAMS AT YOU FROM EVERY CORNER YET IT HAS ITS OWN SOFT PILLOW, OH SO SO MELLOW <3

(AOTM...maybe even AOTY contender)
4.5/5 - 90%

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Physyadelic said:

Wolves At The Gate delivered yet again, after melodic and lyrically really strong Types & Shadows, we got a new record called Eclipse...and yeah, it's a lovely ride of emotions and strong musicianship...the lyrics have been kind of put aside, but Eclipse insists on your heart and ears like worm, after each listen you hear all the differences between each song, this is shall I say the most diverse record they ever released, every track has its own soul, I kind of expected a bit heavier breakdowns to be completely honest and more solos, but still it pleasantly surprised me and it will be on repeat for whole month, maybe longer ^_^

FFO: Silent Planet, Thrice, Underoath

1. The Cure [5/5] - (First single, the intro, the approach got me stoked af, because its chorus is really good, Steve's vocals are simply beautiful and Nick's screams raw and incredibly crafted)
2. Face To Face [5/5] (Behold the best track on this album, it has amazing instrumental with symphonic spice, that instantly catches your head and you...just have to slowly headbang, it also has probably the best guitar ending)
3. A Voice In The Violence [4/5] - (Somewhere the score had to drop a bit, a lot of you will disagree, but it is what it is, I dig this track, I'm not gonna lie, but it's not the tip of the mountain, great build-up to interesting so to speak breakdown?)
4. Drifter [5/5] - (At first I was disappointed a bit, but after couple of listens I fell in love with this one, I listened to this track when it released as a single maybe 5 times on my way to different city, I like the screams and chorus a lot)
5. Enemy [4.5/5] - (Interesting change of pace, but very welcomed one, yeah, this reminded me of newer Thrice and SO WHAT? from WSS with strong parts that for sure stab you hard)
6. Evil Are The Kings [4.5/5] - (I guess this will be the most underrated track, but I have to admit, even tho I hate chanting and "wohous" in heavier music, here it fits, it's damn cool overall)
7. Eclipse [4/5] - (Gorgeous tearjerker with nice aerial ending, but not the best ballad I've ever heard)
8. Response [5/5] - (Ding-dong, back to the really heavy side, yeaaaah, this track kicked ribs off of my body and kicked it back right after...second best track on Eclipse for sure)
9. History [3.5/5] - (Weakest track on this record, why...I don't really know, it has Silent Planet vibe, but something is just missing or I expected a bit more...maybe a breakdown)
10. The Sea Is Between [5/5] (This one has the strongest Silent Planet vibes of all the tracks on this album, do I dig it? Fuck yeah I do, I love the vocals that he delivers here, the emotion and the lyrics, so this takes bronze medal) 
11. Alone [4/5] - (At first I was like...meh, but it grew on me and now I'm throughoutly enjoying it, repetitive "alones" are something that you can persuade)
12. Counterfeit [5/5] - (Shortest never means the worst, with this song not at all, yet again we get somewhat Thricy approach, I enjoy the hooks and verses)
13. Blessings & Curses [4/5] - (Who would've guessed...a ballad as a closer? NO WAY! I don't have much to say, other than the lyrics are great and it nicely stops the overall album pace)

IT'S HEAVY, IT SCREAMS AT YOU FROM EVERY CORNER YET IT HAS ITS OWN SOFT PILLOW, OH SO SO MELLOW <3

(AOTM...maybe even AOTY contender)
4.5/5 - 90%

Disagree on your FFO. I'd say Architects, Silverstein, and Underoath (which you have)

Good review though

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

always a solid band.. this is a great album

Never really listened to these guys but this release is absolutely amazing.

Also, Evil Are The Kings is the Story of the Year song I've been waiting for for YEARS.

2 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

Disagree on your FFO. I'd say Architects, Silverstein, and Underoath (which you have)

Good review though

Unironically his FFOs make a lot more sense than yours. Architects over Thrice? lmao what

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

1 hour ago, desk said:

Unironically his FFOs make a lot more sense than yours. Architects over Thrice? lmao what

This album sounds more like Architects than thrice, but aight dude

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, Dust of Pain said:

Ok, I'll try to reach a compromise here. Which Architects albums does this remind you most of?

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

2 hours ago, Dust of Pain said:

depends

I'd argue this sounds a lot like artist in the ambulance... but nothing like  beggars or palms.