Lord Kingdom

Crown The Empire - Sudden Sky (2019)

98 posts in this topic

Way better than last record. But that leaves it at a decent 5/10

Other Releases by

20/20, Red Pills, MZRY, Sequ3nce, Sudden sky are the best tracks on this album in my opinion but this album doesn't have anything as good as are you coming with me, zero, or lucky us if I'm comparing to retrograde tracks. I do miss David though.

Pretty fun album, largely follows the softer direction of Retrograde but luckily it followed the good half of the album (Zero, Hologram etc.) and has some pretty cool heavy sections as well. I don't enjoy the new screamer's screams as much as Andy's and especially Dave's but oh well. Looove the electronics on songs like MZRY, I wish they had more of that and less poppy bullshit like BLURRY (pretty sure I've heard that exact song before). Red Pills is def a standout song Sequence also positively suprised me.

Much better than Retrograde, but not even close to The Fallout.
Favorites are: 20/20, Under The Skin, SEQU3NCE and the best track is Sudden Sky. Also, love the album cover and how much work was put into it.

On 7/16/2019 at 1:21 PM, Gandalfstorm said:

Oh okay just asking cause, well. Yeah it's pretty much illegal pirating but the motto is at least try before you buy. 

I like to think of it like this. I support the artists no matter what, I buy merch , I pay for their music, I see them live. But I do not have money at the time of release. However I always pay back the artist or support them financially in some way (If I cant at the time.) 

I have weird ethics but I live by them.

• Upvote 1

On 7/18/2019 at 1:00 AM, DreamAgain said:

Re-Recorded EP on Fallout Deluxe > Fallout >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (infinite) >>>> (unlistenable garbage) >>> rest of their shitty disco.

David Escamilla was the soul of this band and easily the most talented pure and simple.

How anyone can support these absolute fuck faces when they released a statement with shit like:

"We've never heard or seen Dave make anything, artistically or musically in the 4 years he was in our band, so we're just as excited to see what he does make as you are."

Is beyond me.  Lmao yea your only talented band member has never made anything artistically or musically.

Oh and then in that same statement they ADMIT THEY DON'T WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS LMAO

Yes, - the "members" as you know it of Crown The Empire were not the primary song writers, 

I can understand being upset that they don't write their own music.

But do you actually think the re-recording of the debut EP is their best music? Like it's stale as shit.

The Resistance: Rise of the Runaways > Fallout > Debut EP = This Album > Retrograde >>>> Re-recorded debut EP

Don’t mind this too much. I think this is a better fit for them in my opinion. Mzry probably the best on the album. And I seem to be one of the few, but I actually enjoy Blurry. 

This album hits a lot harder when you're high, ngl.