Lord Kingdom

Crown The Empire - Sudden Sky (2019)

97 posts in this topic

I liked the middle chunk of Retrograde but this is a lot better.

Didn't have high hopes for this album originally, but the singles really got me on board. I knew going in this wasn't going to be a groundbreaking album, but def is worth checking out it. thanks for the post broski

I was extremely apprehensive about checking this album out. CTE was one of my biggest influencing bands getting into this kind of music. I'm so glad I decided to give it a shot! A more mature sound, great mixing, and vocal wise, Andy leo fucking killed it! 10/10 for me. In my opinion a potential AOTY contender!

A solid 7 out of 10. I'm a little disappointed to know that the released singles are the best tracks but it's a good album. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, XncsX said:

first sum 41 now this, did every early leaker forget how to rip in 320 kbps. I suppose I should be more grateful but it's just annoying having to update the files at a later date.

making a edit and copy pastaing from another comment because people are getting the wrong idea:
to make it clear I'm not ungrateful towards the person that leaked it. I just wish they were more informed on encodes and annoyed at some ofthe software makers for having a lower bitrate as the default import settings.

This is not sourced from a CD, sorry to disappoint.

• Love 2

Imagineer thnking you understand how leaks work.

• Downvote 2

Thanks

3 hours ago, Aria said:

Imagineer thnking you understand how leaks work.

It's simple:

1) Some mods are doing black magic fuckery

2) We download

3) We yell quality is shit

4) We argue with each others based on our tastes & subjectivity

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, artiswar said:

lmao what even is that album art? Jesus Christ... 

:pray:

5 hours ago, Lord Kingdom said:

This is not sourced from a CD, sorry to disappoint.

I figured with fans on twitter posting images showing they had the CD and knowing the review copies were emailed out a week ago that it would be a CD source, apologies for the mistake.

i really don't know how i feel about this band

limitless has an terrible mixing but great songs

the fallout was an excellent debut, one of the best albums in 2012-2013 and they'll never do anything in that level again

the resistance was decent but not nearly as good as the fallout

retrograde and sudden sky are good but meeh

• Upvote 1

Even though this album got eclipsed by WATG (disgusting, i know), i still managed to give it a listen and is actually a great surprise. Vocals are great and there a some great moments, musically. Way better than anything on Retrograde, which i totally forgot tbh. I'll give it a couple more listens when it comes out in better quality.

They posted on IG the other day the first single for this album came out a year ago. This is nothing to celebrate, as nothing kills hype more than waiting too long, but that’s another story. If they were working on these measly 8 other songs for that long, they should all be amazing. They are not. Blurry is cool, Red Pill is pretty good....most of the others a pretty meh.  Very disappointed. 

4/10. 

22 hours ago, XncsX said:

first sum 41 now this, did every early leaker forget how to rip in 320 kbps. I suppose I should be more grateful but it's just annoying having to update the files at a later date.

making a edit and copy pastaing from another comment because people are getting the wrong idea:
to make it clear I'm not ungrateful towards the person that leaked it. I just wish they were more informed on encodes and annoyed at some ofthe software makers for having a lower bitrate as the default import settings.

If you have a issue wait until the albums and songs come out you can have all the 320 you want

• Upvote 1

Unrelated to the music, but I really don't mind when bands put themselves on the album art.

I feel like the only reason people are upset about this is because bands considered "classics" famously did it (such as Queen, The Beatles, etc) and people want to subconciously preserve their nostalgia however they can (even though The Beatles are boring as shit).

I'll be waiting for 320 for this though, in 128 I'm gonna miss all the little atmospheric flourishes that CTE is known for.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MyTearsYW said:

I feel like the only reason people are upset about this is because bands considered "classics" famously did it (such as Queen, The Beatles, etc) and people want to subconciously preserve their nostalgia however they can (even though The Beatles are boring as shit).

Literally never even thought about this angle, also from what I heard The Beatles revolutionized cover art too. My take is album cover can be an additional art piece to both market your album and provide additional visual context what the album is about. Band pics are the opposite of that, even if Andy is making quirky faces and shit.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, desk said:

Literally never even thought about this angle, also from what I heard The Beatles revolutionized cover art too. My take is album cover can be an additional art piece to both market your album and provide additional visual context what the album is about. Band pics are the opposite of that, even if Andy is making quirky faces and shit.

This.

I check out 50% albums (from artists I don't previously know of) with a cover I find to be good. Having the band in it such as in this one isn't exactly captivating.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, MyTearsYW said:

Unrelated to the music, but I really don't mind when bands put themselves on the album art.

I'll be waiting for 320 for this though, in 128 I'm gonna miss all the little atmospheric flourishes that CTE is known for.

You have a point there involving album art. Although id say around 90%+ of metal music doesn't have their band members on the cover. So i kinda get why people are still surprised. I don't like it myself. But if you like it more power to you.

Its normally albums like Black Sabbath's S/T, Judas Priest's Painkiller, and Iron Maiden's Killers for album art (just to name a couple) that make me remember them. I typically think covers like this one are far more forgetful than "otherworldly" types of covers or drawings.

Not for me, i suppose. This album as a whole sadly.

• Upvote 2

Honestly, this wasn't bad at all. Loved the new approach for CTE, even without David. Might have to repeat a couple of times to see each track slowly and whatever.

8.5/10, close to a 9. Not the best thing in the world but as a CTE album its like in between worst and best. 

By the way. Sorry @desk, I overreacted a ton and its not your fault, its mine. Was just trying to get to let people know that you dont have to continuously hating each album more and more and stating the last album you hated is better than this without listening to it for memes is just ridiculous. Thats all. Hopefully that helps

Yeah I know I'm gonna sound like a pretentious douche but I wanted to do a small rant.

meh....

They released 4 of the 10 songs already so I was hoping for something interesting, sadly that did not happen. This was just a bland release, with ok writing.

Vocals sound decent at best (I think the production is ok, but even by Andy's own admission he isn't taking care of his voice and it kinda sounds like it.) The bass when I heard it was awesome, It either thumped into my ear pleasantly or it was drowned out by the guitars and drums. Speaking of the drums, they sound fucking superb (however I heavily suspect that they are programmed.) Guitars were cool enough, nothing new in their writing, but they were fun. Props to Brandon for trying to do some screams. Production and instrumentals were decent.

My biggest problem though is that this just was a boring listen. I just didn't feel the need to pretend I was on stage playing these songs like I used to when I listen to albums like -And you can start sighing- The Fallout. I feel like this album relies on catchy choruses, or over stimulation to win you over. I couldn't get a lot of enjoyment out of this, but I can see fans of retrograde liking this.

5/10

Best:

MZRY, WHAT I AM

Worst:

March of the Ignorant

y o u m a y p r o c e e d t o d o w n v o t e m e

• Upvote 1

Remember when they sounded like this? 

:'( RIP

• Love 1

Re-Recorded EP on Fallout Deluxe > Fallout >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (infinite) >>>> (unlistenable garbage) >>> rest of their shitty disco.

David Escamilla was the soul of this band and easily the most talented pure and simple.

How anyone can support these absolute fuck faces when they released a statement with shit like:

"We've never heard or seen Dave make anything, artistically or musically in the 4 years he was in our band, so we're just as excited to see what he does make as you are."

Is beyond me.  Lmao yea your only talented band member has never made anything artistically or musically.

Oh and then in that same statement they ADMIT THEY DON'T WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS LMAO

Yes, - the "members" as you know it of Crown The Empire were not the primary song writers, 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 3

320 added!

• Love 1

65/100
(I think it's fair rating for this record, not only it's way too short, but also it's not very interesting, except MZRY and Red Pills)
The rest is good, meh
March of the Ignorant is terrible

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Physyadelic said:

65/100
(I think it's fair rating for this record, not only it's way too short, but also it's not very interesting, except MZRY and Red Pills)
The rest is good, meh
March of the Ignorant is terrible

> March of the Ignorant is terrible

Agreed. Like what is this

Not a half decent album i prefer this album to their last album for sure 

FLAC added!